Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's no surprise that the zero tolerance stuff is pushed so hard in schools. It prepares kids to follow the thousands of nanny state laws that are being passed every day. Comply citizen.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another reason for Home schooling.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

Published December 04, 2011
FoxNews.com

A 9-year-old boy North Carolina boy was suspended for calling a teacher �cute,� WSOCTV.com reports.

The boy�s mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the principal of Brookside Elementary in Gastonia called her after the incident to say the comment was a form of �sexual harassment.�

"It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way," Lockett said. "So why would he be suspended for two days?�

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements."

The district's Code of Conduct doesn't list "inappropriate behavior," but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out-of-school suspension.

The news of the North Carolina boy�s suspension comes as a Massachusetts elementary school is investigating a first-grader for sexual harassment after the boy struck another boy his age in the groin.

The mother of the accused 7-year-old tells the Boston Globe that her son was fending off another child, who had choked him in an altercation on the school bus on Nov. 22.

�I think my kid was right to fight back,�� said the mother, Tasha Lynch, 30. �He wasn�t doing anything except protecting himself.��

Lynch says her son has been afraid to return to Tynan Elementary School in South Boson since the fight, according to the paper.

Matthew Wilder, spokesman for the Boston public schools, declined to comment on the incident or why it has been classified as a possible case of sexual harassment. He said officials do not discuss confidential student information.

I read that, but I'm not quite ready to believe it. The school has made no comment and maybe the kid said a little bit more than "she's cute".

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I read that, but I'm not quite ready to believe it.
==============

I'll be on pins and needles till you decide.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wonder if Chiquita likes bananas?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read that, but I'm not quite ready to believe it.
==============

I'll be on pins and needles till you decide.

OK, I've decided, it's b.s and you were duped. I showed restraint until the facts were in, you reacted emotionally to half a story. wink Ain't there some book learnin in law school, in regards to forming an opinion for all dem facts be in?

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
It was a compilation of many instances,2 of which have already been verified. You thinking these actions of school officials in this regard are uncommon as late or fabricated half stories is of little consequence to me. I'd think with your state being one of the major culprits of this HS,you'd be a bit more aware.

Last edited by isaac; 12/04/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by okok
Another reason for Home schooling.

Soon to be called terrorist training..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a compilation of many instances,2 of which have already been verified. You thinking these actions of school officials in this regard are uncommon as late or fabricated half stories is of little consequence to me. I'd think with your state being one of the major culprits of this HS,you'd be a bit more aware.

Oh don't get me wrong, it isn't out of the realm of my belief, but I also know that reverse sensitivity towards sensitivity training, sometimes leads to a quick jump to belief, followed by a period of embarrassment. I have only read one account that has said the school has refused to comment, not an admission that this was condoned policy. If you are privy to more than I in this subject, I yield.

A damn shame this didn't happen in Cali, eh? wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
That's probably the funniest video I have ever seen. I know that it happened some time back and wonder if anyone knows what took place afterwards?

I'm not 100% sure but if my memory serves correctly the big kid got suspended and was charged with common assault, made to do anger management and put on a behavior bond or something.

The original international turd
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That story is one of three the article addresses.

Sorry didn't read long enough...my mistake.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How foolish.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't doubt that one little bit. It's wrong nowadays for a person to defend himself especially in school. Strange how all this change has came about and seems like there is nothing that normal people can do about it.

As Isaac said, enough is enough but where do we go from here?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oulufinn
It's no surprise that the zero tolerance stuff is pushed so hard in schools. It prepares kids to follow the thousands of nanny state laws that are being passed every day. Comply citizen.

Yep. Just like when you hear cops, while roughing some guy up, yell at him to STOP RESISTING! We are supposed to react like sheep.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had school age children in this day and age my children would be home-schooled. Obviously some schools and teachers don't have the smarts to be teaching children.

Sassy

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH

Somehow I knew this was gonna be posted. smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That isn't nothing!

The first time I met my future nephew he was 5 years old standing on the curbside with his pants down to his ankles, one hand squeezing his junk, the other hand flagging two twenty something year old girls across the street down saying:

Yo! Yo! Hey babes why don't you come over here and get you some's ah this!!!!!

Nothing ever happened to him.....Oh yeah! Forgot he's government owned, that's why.... Sheesh!!!

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There has got to be more to the story but if there's not, this is a travesty.

Agreed, while there is egregious stuff in schools, this one sure sounds like there's more to the story.

To put things in context; I forget how many thousands of elementary, middle and high schools we have in the US, but its a bunch.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad thing about all this is that the number of similar incidents are increasing, and will NOT be going away.
This is your America now...........

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,333
Posts18,487,621
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.