-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True but you cannot ascertain conference strength with the pitiful amount of high profile interleague games schedule that exists now. Impossible task don't you think?

will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Penguin
True but you cannot ascertain conference strength with the pitiful amount of high profile interleague games schedule that exists now. Impossible task don't you think?

will

Roger that.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LSU

LSU by 10, 24-14

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Go Bama!!!

Someone hand me a bucket....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Anyhow, I think LSU will beat them again and win an undisputed NC.

man you must have watched a different game than I did! shocked

one helluva an athletic interception. without that 1 play happening it's easy for me to envision exchanging Bama for the LSU talk going on currently

I don't think this game is a gimmee by any stretch

and while I'm not a fan of Saban, I think he's a damned good coach, there'll be a wrinkle or two I'm thinking

past performance is no guarantee of future results, but it's the best we got.

Bama is the only team I've seen hang with LSU for 4 quarters

imo we're apt to see the best two teams in CF slug it out for the NC

though I feel bad for OSU

anyone ever thought about having a playoff system? blush grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
For anybody that hasn't figured it out, THE strength of LSU is that they are as good at the end of the 4th Qtr as they were at the beginning of the 1st. It's like putting a 2-stroke up against a CAT diesel. They just keep digging.

OkieSt and LSU would have been a good watch. I have no doubt State would have scored points. Have no idea how they would fare by late 3d. I do know Alabama held up through 4, BUT had all the football they cared to play that day.

NC will be a different game than the first but still a toss up. Really torn as to whether or not Alabama came out ahead on this. Capt Ahab keeps coming to mind. Stanford sure would have been good to see.

One negative we may see next year; with all the talk about rankings based on score, you may not see many winning teams taking a knee late in the 4th inside the red. Those extra touchdowns start to take on a new value when the BCS points get as close as they were this year.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what the line will be on that game.

LSU by 1.5?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Probably about that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
How much of a payout will the whole SEC conference get $$$ wise?

Especially with two teams in the BCS championship.

Seems like a substantial amount if I remember correctly. Those SEC presidents have got be licking their chops. Did politics push the matchup?

I want LSU to win but would love to see Alabama win by a score of 9-6. smile

Wish OK State was going I think it would have been a better game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The SEC invests a lot in their players...expect a decent return on investment. Ask Cam Newton.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there is a bowl pool going on, would someone direct me in the right direction... Tks!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by GeoW
If there is a bowl pool going on, would someone direct me in the right direction... Tks!

We are having one like the regular season pool. I just hadn't had time to post it yet.

I'm sending out a PM later today to the other pool members and if anyone else wants in, contact me.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
The SEC invests a lot in their players...expect a decent return on investment. Ask Cam Newton.

LOL. I know it's a dead issue but it's still funny. Check this and make up your own mind. It's less than 2 minutes. Pay attention starting at 00:44

Cam Paid?? Listen to Cam, then U tell Me CLICK IT

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by shootem
For anybody that hasn't figured it out, THE strength of LSU is that they are as good at the end of the 4th Qtr as they were at the beginning of the 1st. It's like putting a 2-stroke up against a CAT diesel. They just keep digging.

Yep. They have the depth in their roster to last. It's usually sometime in the third Qtr that LSU starts to open up a lead over those teams good enough to give them some competition. Georgia was a good example of that.

OkieSt and LSU would have been a good watch. I have no doubt State would have scored points. Have no idea how they would fare by late 3d. I do know Alabama held up through 4, BUT had all the football they cared to play that day.

Having watched OSU this year, their defense is impressive in that they stay in the game. They don't have a dominant defense, and they will give up yards and points both. But they manage to disrupt play enough, and they are relentless on creating turnovers. Now whether they would stay in it for four Qtr's against LSU is a question though. But I haven't seen them give up or sucking wind in any of the games I watched where they had to stretch. Those four RB's of LSU spelling each other and Jefferson would certainly be a challenging task for them.

One negative we may see next year; with all the talk about rankings based on score, you may not see many winning teams taking a knee late in the 4th inside the red. Those extra touchdowns start to take on a new value when the BCS points get as close as they were this year.

I don't care personally, if a team runs up the score. If sports fans and players can't stand the thought of losing, they just need to get over it, and the losing team needs to learn from the schooling they get to improve from it.

Last edited by Gringo Loco; 12/05/11. Reason: typo
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't care personally, if a team runs up the score. If sports fans and players can stand the thought of losing, they just need to get over it, and the losing team needs to learn from the schooling they get to improve from it.

An old Bobby Bowden paraphrase; "It's not our offense's job to hold the score down."

Last edited by shootem; 12/05/11.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
My ideal solution would be to have a computer decide on the top 8 teams to set the tourney field. That would take conference strength out of the equation.

Computers will only make ratings based on the human biases that they are programmed to observe.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by 5sdad
My ideal solution would be to have a computer decide on the top 8 teams to set the tourney field. That would take conference strength out of the equation.

Computers will only make ratings based on the human biases that they are programmed to observe.

Exactly.

Win your conference, and get a shot at the title. Pretty simple; just like every other level of football and every other sport.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Stanford finished ahead of Oregon by virtue of having one loss instead of two, and the BCS/NCAA being in love with Andrew Luck.

Oregon has 1 Conference loss and the other loss was to LSU the number 1 ranked team in the country. Oregon also put up 50 on Stanford and spanked them good, just like they did last year.

I don't see Stanford as having enough speed to stand the onslaught of the Cowboys

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Why would you want to take the "conferance strength" out of the equation? Don't you want to 2 best teams to play for the National Cahampionship?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Penguin
... For the assumptions that this game was based on to hold true the SEC has to come out and do their usual mopup of the competition as the bowl lineup plays itself out. Only this year I don't think they will. MOF I don't think they come close.

Well, the SEC is guaranteed that one of the top two teams in the conference will lose. You can go ahead and bank on that.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 219DW, 53 invisible), 18,292 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,944
Posts18,539,316
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.