Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I've seen them. I was able to watch long enough to know what I saw was no hoax, no mis-identification of any other known species. They're real. I've had some minimal interaction with them a couple times. So far, all I've seen was curiosity, humor, and concern for their young. Their behavior tells me they are people. Not human / Homo sapiens sapiens, that's a biological thing. People is a behavior thing. They're more people than a lot of our kind.

Tom,

I'm interested in hearing about your encounter(s) and observations. Send me a PM if you rather keep it off the public Forum.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Gene L
I know a bigfoot hunter (with a camera) and he says there are two schools of thought on shooting one. One school is to kill one of them to prove their existance. The other school is to NOT shoot it since it has to be an endangered species. Kinda like killing an Ivory-billed woodpecker to prove the exist(ed.)

Me, not a chance I'd shoot one. Probably because I'd be afraid it would be someone in a monkey suit playing a prank on another person, but wandering into my sighting plane. Second, I just don't want to shoot a primate (in case it's real.)

That's one problem you can't fix with a 30-06 or 1911. smile

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
P
Petro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Petro
Assuming you're serious...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Dead serious. I'm not sure what you are "WTF"-ing. If you'll clarify what it is you're questioning, I'll try to answer.

Tom

Tom, to be honest, I was WTF-ing the entire quote, really. I mean, I don't disbelieve in Bigfoot. That's why I asked the question. I really want to know if I would be the only one to shoot if I saw one. Obviously if there was a question as to the authenticity, then I wouldn't shoot. If there were ever any doubt as to whether I was shooting at a jokester or the real McCoy, then I obviously would err on the side of safety. But if I did see what you described as a certainty, then I would see no moral issue with taking one, literally in the name of science. I guess my main WTF moments were where you say you've observed and interacted with them, as well as that you would take the life of a human being getting ready to take one that wasn't in self defense. Not calling you crazy, because I've got beliefs that people can't understand, but man...please elaborate.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks for framing the question. I'll try to explain. It might work, it might not.

I'll tell you that in "bigfooting circles" the debate between pro-kill and no-kill rages on, it's not just here. A lot behind the well thought out discussion comes down to whether bigfoot are intelligent, reasoning "beings" or are "dumb apes." Not too many people today want to publicly advocate murdering people, no matter how primitive, in the name of science.

I see it like this .. their behavior says "people", not "dumb animal." Dumb animals don't have curiosity or humor, they don't show respect or restraint. I've seen all of those. To me it says they are some kind of people, regardless of the biological differences. More "human" than some of our monsters like Charles Manson or Ted Bundy.

So far as taking a life. Here's the thought process, you don't have to accept it.

Most here I think will accept this much: (a) if someone attacks me, I'll kill to preserve my own life, and (b) if someone attacks my kid, I'll kill to preserve her life.

The law, here, allows me to intervene for a third party even if I don't know them. Y' gotta decide whether the costs are worth it, but for me, if its clear who is the aggressor, I'll probably get involved. Lets say for instance someone walks into McDonalds and opens fire on the crowd. If I can, I'll kill the SOB to try to save other people even if I could have just slipped out the back door.

So far so good? Then lets put it together:

Since I see bigfoot as a kind of people, I see killing one, unprovoked, other than in self defense, as MURDER.

I will act to stop a murder up to, and including, taking the murderer's life myself.

I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just stating where I stand, and why.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just please ask for a digital camera this Christmas. Thanks.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Unicorns are so majestic and beautiful I could not be as unsporting as you and just shoot one.

I prefer to stalk them and beat them to death with a club. That's how real sportsman hunt unicorn.

Travis

Im totally blow anway by the fact that people think that Unicorns exist or that a Freaking Bigfoot would taste like some mythical horse. Its bad enough the USDA is thinking about allowing real horses to be slaughtered for market.

Come on guys get a clue, Im sure bigfeet are much closer in texture and taste to Wookies.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd like to kill a bigfoot with a unicorn horn that I'd whittled down to .224" propelled by pixie dust from my 22-250AI.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 12/07/11.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll tell you that in "bigfooting circles" the debate between pro-kill and no-kill rages on, it's not just here.
Now THAT would be a party!!! When, where, how, does one get to participate/observe one of these?

PS- I'm betting it be more fun than the Furry conventions...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... I see it like this .. their behavior says "people", not "dumb animal." Dumb animals don't have curiosity or humor, they don't show respect or restraint. I've seen all of those. To me it says they are some kind of people, regardless of the biological differences. More "human" than some of our monsters like Charles Manson or Ted Bundy.

So far so good? Then lets put it together:

Since I see bigfoot as a kind of people, I see killing one, unprovoked, other than in self defense, as MURDER.

I will act to stop a murder up to, and including, taking the murderer's life myself.

I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just stating where I stand, and why.

Tom

So you've witnessed this in Jane Goodall fashion, but never seen dogs show curiosity, restraint, respect, or maybe by some stretch, humor? Hm.

Well, anyway, good luck explaining to the judge why you shot another hunter with: "He was going go shoot Bigfoot!"

And, hey, I'd love for us to discover Bigfoot - just not holding my breath.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'd like to kill a bigfoot with a unicorn horn that I'd whittled down to .224" propelled by pixie dust from my 22-250AI.

You cannot whittle unicorn horn you idiot.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pointer
I'll tell you that in "bigfooting circles" the debate between pro-kill and no-kill rages on, it's not just here.
Now THAT would be a party!!! When, where, how, does one get to participate/observe one of these?

Is that a bunch of bigfeet circle jerking?

And what is the proper plural form of bigfoot? Bigfeet? Bigfoot? Bigfoot's? Bigfootses?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Travis

I plan on using a common red brick. laugh

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

And what is the proper plural form of bigfoot? Bigfeet? Bigfoot? Bigfoot's? Bigfootses?

Travis

I just saw your user name. Are you that guy, Flav-Deflav that wears a huge sasq-watch around his neck? smile

As far as the proper plural form goes, that remains as much a mystery as the creature itself.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis
Bet they use a tortilla instead of a cracker...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

I plan on using a common red brick. laugh

You wise, resourceful sumbitch you.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goose2044

Travis

I just saw your user name. Are you that guy, Flav-Deflav that wears a huge sasq-watch around his neck? smile

As far as the proper plural form goes, that remains as much a mystery as the creature itself.

I find the idea of these creatures as fascinating as a day time soap opera. Maybe even more at this point!

And yes, that is me. Only I'm white and employed.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis
Bet they use a tortilla instead of a cracker...

I don't get it. Can you explain further?

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can get more cheese whiz on a tortilla than a cracker when I'm hunting a snack...

'Course your version of the circle may be different! laugh

Last edited by pointer; 12/07/11.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I still don't get it. Can you please explain further?

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T_O_M not making fun here.

Few years ago I learned that I've known bigfoot my entire life. His name is Mark and he lives in Idaho. He was doing his bigfoot thing one day in the Wallawa wilderness. Rolling rocks down a canyon. And camping for the weekend with another friend of ours. Turns out some people were nearby. Couple days later there was a guy on the radio talking about how he saw bigfoot hurling refrigerator sized rocks down a canyon in the Wallawa wilderness the previous weekend.

Yup, me and bigfoot had some good times in college.

Deal with it.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,473
Posts18,489,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.