Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Petro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Tom. If that is something you'd be willing to defend in court, so be it. Wouldn't mind hearing some of your experiences.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
FWIW I agree with you TOM

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What's the best cartridge for a guided Sasquatch hunt?

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hawken
What's the best cartridge for a guided Sasquatch hunt?

The 257 Weatherby Magnum is the best choice. But, I would take my 7X57, because it is a classic.

By the way, while I would shoot one, I would not film one. Showing people film of a Bigfoot leads them to believe you are a liar, a sociopath, and a misfit.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sweet!! Found this last night!!

http://www.bfro.net/

These folks know their stuff. Here's an eyewitness sketch!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by pointer; 12/09/11.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
Showing people film of a Bigfoot leads them to believe you are a liar, a sociopath, and a misfit.

Where I live and work, you'll about as often get the same response from admitting you own a gun.

So, lets see ... I got the "24Hour" pack of liars and sociopaths and misfits calling me a bigfoot liar and sociopath and misfit. Anyone else see a pot and a kettle and some black? smile smile I'm like the reject's reject, the uber-reject. I gotta quote Larry the Cable Guy ... "that there is funny right there, it don't matter who you are." smile smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I wouldn't shoot one for several reasons. First of all, it might be a dude in a suit. Secondly, even if it were real, it might be more human than not and I'm sure I would feel like a murderer. Thirdly, what if you shot it but only wounded it? A wounded and pissed off bigfoot would probaby make a wounded bear or cape buffalo seem mild in comparison. And finally and maybe most importantly, what if you shot it and killed it, but it wasn't the only one? Try getting out of there alive if you shot a bigfoot's moma, daddy, kid, husband, or wife.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
I wouldn't shoot one for several reasons. First of all, it might be a dude in a suit. Secondly, even if it were real, it might be more human than not and I'm sure I would feel like a murderer. Thirdly, what if you shot it but only wounded it? A wounded and pissed off bigfoot would probaby make a wounded bear or cape buffalo seem mild in comparison. And finally and maybe most importantly, what if you shot it and killed it, but it wasn't the only one? Try getting out of there alive if you shot a bigfoot's moma, daddy, kid, husband, or wife.

Bingo! Exactly right! Also FWIW, I agree with Tom. But, I sure wouldn't kill someone that was trying to kill a bigfoot, but I'd try to stop him. If I couldn't stop him, I'd be opening an extra-large can of GONE and get the hell outta there fast!

Tim

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A tremendous amount of circumstantial evidence has been collected and scrutinized over the decades. Foot print castings which include dermal ridges, hair samples, blood and tissue samples, film (Patterson the best example), etc.

Blood and tissue samples have over the years been DNA tested, and are inconclusive. Several samples have been determined/identified as "unknown primate".

Realistically, the ONLY way to prove the existence of a currently unknown and undocumented North American primate/hominid will be for a dead body to be produced for scientific study.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would not shoot. Doubt I'll have the opportunity.

There is an interesting "documentary" from norway called Troll Hunter. you can rent it from Netflix.

I believe Trolls and Bigfoot are the same species (as are leprechauns, elves, fairies, jinn, yeti and a few others) and they are all extinct and have been for 30,000 years, but the stories kept being told around the cook fire from generation to generation "grandpa saw one on the other side of the mountain when he was young...." and those stories are of homo sapiens encounters with homo erectus (neanderthal) 1000 generations ago.

Poole

Last edited by Bill Poole; 12/10/11.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bill Poole
but the stories kept being told around the cook fire from generation to generation "grandpa saw one on the other side of the mountain when he was young...." and those stories are of homo sapiens encounters with homo erectus (neanderthal) 1000 generations ago.

Poole

Sometimes I feel about 1000 generations old but in truth I haven't quite hit 50. I saw one in the mid 1970s. How does your theory account for that?

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Take a close look at what Bigfoot has in his hand and then tell me there ain't no such thang.

[Linked Image]

It is a little known scientific fact that his addiction to SPAM killed Bigfoot; he has been extinct for the past 4 years. smile

Ha! If it's so bad, then how come these guys are packin' it up Everest?

[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And these guys live on it.

[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody dumb enough to be wearing a gorilla suit during hunting season is dumb enough to need shooting before he infects the gene pool.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I do like the beef jerky commercials with bigfoot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If we could sort of mix and match posts from the ex-wives thread into this one it'd prove beyond any doubt that bigfoot not only exists but that they like marrying into human families for the sole purpose of torturing some of us guys.

The original international turd
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

They make beef jerky with "bigfoot"?

Wonder what that tastes like?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chicken of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, how have they dodged cars and 18 wheelers for a century now.

When's the last time someone claim to see a mountain lion hit by a vehicle?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jericho
I do like the beef jerky commercials with bigfoot.

Me, too. Does that bigfoot look like Dio to anyone else? smile smile

Here be dragons ...
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (338reddog, AdamT204, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,953
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.