-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ps I am not bad mouthing people who shoot close, just the people who run and gun

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by PastorDan
I'm not interested in sharing my opinion on this...the animal died instantly and that is good by me...but people shouldn't get upset about all the negative comments. I can't imagine the OP didn't know he would be pouring gas on the fire by posting this.

I think it is pretty evident that the vast majority of posters in the thread have been basically positive in seeing someone cleanly kill their first big game animal.

I also concede that the circumstances were different than many hunters are used to and that has caused a few posters to question the situation. We all have our opinions and the reason why the 24hr Campfire is popular is the chance to share opinion and discuss hunting.

I am also sure that a few here have had their egos crunched from watching a �girl� handle a tough situation so well, better than they feel they would be able to perform in a similar situation.

To those sour pusses I have will just say too bad kids, she knocked that elks nose in the dirt at 688yds and I am proud to have been there and seen it. laugh laugh laugh

Good job John.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jim62

'62 was the year I was born, which means I am old enough to have a low tolerance for small minded little cretins like yourself. wink

"Born"? From your input here, I think "hatched" is more like it.

No they don't he has managed to get the boot on AR not once but twice.

Yep. It's true. My posting privileges were suspended and I'm so hurt. Fortunately I will never attain the level of infamy of some here. blush

Hey, I think someone else's privileges who posts here were also suspended! eek

jwp,
Something in Alaska when you lived there? Hunting privileges I think? I think it said "Illegal Taking of Game" (poaching) and "Wanton Waste". shocked

John Parker, right?

A moose, eh?

smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No name calling, it is Christmas time for peace, love and hope. You need to get a grip.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Come on now, your just jealous. Merry Christmas, no name callin.

Last edited by AlabamaEd; 12/09/11.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
No name calling, it is Christmas time for peace, love and hope. You need to get a grip.

More "rules" from the village idiot.

Take your dictatorial BS and shove it up your Dixie azz..

Happy Hollidays!!! wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks for the wishes, likewise to you and yours.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hey, now that she's made the shot, let's let her hotwire a transformer from an ungrounded rig.

Course, we'll have an electrician standing by (from a safe distance), to set the deal up for her.

All she's gotta do is turn a couple screws, right?

Then, we'll have her (or what's left of her) free climb the half dome. Naturally, with an expert climber nearby (but not underneath) to offer expert advice.

There's those that consider consequences, and those that don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great shot and coaching John, congrats to her..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Hey, now that she's made the shot, let's let her hotwire a transformer from an ungrounded rig.

Course, we'll have an electrician standing by (from a safe distance), to set the deal up for her.

Then, we'll have her (or what's left of her) free climb the half dome. Naturally, with an expert climber nearby (but not underneath) to offer expert advice.

It astounds me you are so obtuse and intellectually bankrupt that you would go from something as simple as pulling to the trigger on a rifle to rewiring transformers, etc etc.

Dishonest azzhats like you often do that to divert attention form their losing arguments in a debate. wink

Given your handle, I bet you [bleep] up game shots all the time. Failure must be second nature to you. Making clean kills as shown in the video must be foreign to your own reality..

Last edited by jim62; 12/09/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

How about you and I get together and consider the consequences of you saying that load of crap to my face??

Some hide behind a screen name and some don�t.

Please PM me your name and address and we might be able to schedule a discussion concerning your suggestions.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just the type of well-reasoned, logical, fact-based argument the fire has come to expect of you.

Either you consider the consequences, or you don't.

Before the shot, it MIGHT have worked out fine.

Shallow thinking stops there.

HOWEVER, it may not have worked out fine, either for the elk, or the girl.

Would a young "hunter" have been encouraged by the sight of a wounded elk, writhing on the ground, gut shot and unable to escape?

Or an elk gut shot, that DID escape (worse), to die later, unrecovered, because of an unforseen twist of fate?

The girl was used to make a point, and hoopefully sell a product, though she may not realize that.

Congratulations.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please quit quoting him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just the type of well-reasoned, logical, fact-based argument the fire has come to expect of you.

Would a young "hunter" have been encouraged by the sight of a wounded elk, writhing on the ground, gut shot and unable to escape?

Or an elk gut shot, that DID escape (worse), to die later, unrecovered, because of an unforseen twist of fate?

The girl was used to make a point, and hopefully sell a product, though she may not realize that.

Congratulations.

The odds of any "downside" of taking the shot in the OP video were FAR less than a total [bleep] up like you snipping at a deer at 50 yards. wink

Hence your fixation on muffing shots.

I don't see how that young woman was "used" for ANYTHING, azzhole. She is obviously over 21. She was legally hunting elk with a borrowed precision rifle.

Also the shot was set up by someone who has more brains and intellect than you obviously can muster. Hence your envy and desire to dwell on the "what if" rather than the reality of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

People like you are truly a waste of human potential.

Last edited by jim62; 12/09/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The girl was used to make a point, and hoopefully sell a product, though she may not realize that.

Congratulations.

How about you PM me your phone # and address and I will give you all the answers you request and we can discuss consequence of many things, be it shots at elk or other things you have posted?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I've read this thread and have some opinions about the video that I won't bother posting as they have been covered. However, I think that the lady in the video is really not getting her due. The wind might have been figured (tricky) and the elevation (simple), but her shot was terrific. She showed little hesitation in making what turned out to be a great shot on a transitioning target. Regardless of her history with that rifle, her skill (natural or otherwise) shouldn't be overlooked. Anyone who has practiced at like ranges should easily recognize the difficulty of such definitive shooting. I would be cautious of discounting her ability. Of course, a stopped watch is right twice a day, but accidents at such range don't typically result in hits.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
STFU!...I say bring on the female hunting videos. Sure beats watching a dude killing game.

I've killed a chit load of game & doubt I could make a 688 yard shot. She knew what she was doing & good for her. Congrats to the girl.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see the issue of short-range shooting or long-range shooting as irrelevant. Field craft, knowledge of the animal being hunted � these things are virtually unmentioned in the 30some pages of crap I�ve wasted my time reading. The only hint that anyone involved with this �shot� knew anything about the country or the animal is when JB states that the shooter rides her horses where the �shot� occurred. For all we know she has ridden within inches of that herd. Maybe the herd has grown use to her hunting birds and doesn�t even spook when she is around. Maybe she hand feeds them occasionally. Hell, it�s possible that if she didn�t have a camera crew and JB screaming directions spooking the elk she might have been able to get within inches before taking her shot.

No mention of hunting pressure.
No mention of who spent the off season scouting the elk.

Last edited by 40O; 12/10/11.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Could-a, would-a, should-a, Don't go out side of a bomb bunker a meteorite may fall on you

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow! The video that keeps on giving. 7000+ posts and the vitriol is still flying. Carry on.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,041
Posts18,482,043
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.