Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nazi's, What is the appeal?
I read in another place where someone said the best ten generals of WW2 were 'german'.

Another topic mentions Nazi tactics as being superior and another how Nazi weapons were better.

What is the appeal of the Nazi's?

It just seems to me that the Nazi's murdered thousands of children and woman in a cruel way, attacked unprepared countries, lost a war and got their country occupied by the enemy for half a century!

Yet some go on lauding the Nazi.

Why is that?

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Because some of the German generals were very good, German weaponry was often excellent, and the overall fighting record of the German soldier in that conflict was exemplary.

I can state these facts while still being apalled by the Nazi ideology and actions.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It seems to me that a normal man would be ashamed to laud any part of the Nazi effort. That the Nazi's were only really good at torturing children, woman and those unprepared!

That when confronted with superior armies they not only lost the war, got killed but got their country taken over.

So pathetic.

You wrote:
"German generals were very good"

Pathetic

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
indeed, Birdwatcher hit the nail on the head.

the German army, and the Nazi war machine were very well run. despite their often horrific tactics, it is impossible to argue that they were effective. their superior weaponry and training made running over their closer opposition pretty easy giving them confidence, which can make or break an army.

the Nazi's would most likely be running Europe if we hadnt intervened. most people were too scared to stand up to them, however, thankfully, there were many who were not.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'd venture that any man who faced the German in combat in either world war has a high respect for his fighting abilities, his weapons and his generalship.

Like Birdwatcher said, the ideology of the Nazi and their genocidal tendencies were deplorable.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
guess your to dumb to separate facts from opinion and ideology.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I suspect you already know the difference between the Nazi Party and the German Army without anyone having to explain it to you.

So, you're just in a pizzy mood, this morning, is that right?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I suspect you already know the difference between the Nazi Party and the German Army without anyone having to explain it to you.

So, you're just in a pizzy mood, this morning, is that right?

I'd say that is about the size of it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don can't separate his head from his easy, he sure as hell can't separate anything else.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given the fact that we WERE allied with a far worse butcher that pov is less than sterling. Ability and skill was a hallmark of the German Military. I assure you that Germany was beaten more by absolutely overwhelming numbers of everything than any superiority in skills and weapons.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
*I* was the somebody that mentioned German military prowess and technological acumen. All the posts have pretty much beat down the idiocy of the question. BTW you might want to brush up on your grammar. Nazi's {sic} illustrates the possesive case and you meant the plural-Nazis.

Last edited by jorgeI; 12/10/11.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
guess your to dumb to separate facts from opinion and ideology.

Right on Roger... He thinks I'm a Nazi because of my avatar.
Don the Dipstick once again shows how smart he ain't...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
He's off his meds and on the internet again.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Probably more to do with their being German than being Nazi. Germans were big on the martial tradition, and tend to be highly focused on quality design and equipment, similar to the Swiss on the latter point.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I seem to recall that some of our U.S. military organizational structure was heavily influenced by the German model, and that the 1939 German attack and quick victory in Europe became a model for our combined arms assaults.

Appeal of the Nazi? Not at all. Respect for the organization,and fighting abilities of the WWII German military? Absolutely.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Probably more to do with their being German than being Nazi. Germans were big on the martial tradition, and tend to be highly focused on quality design and equipment, similar to the Swiss on the latter point.

Breeding dogs, brewing beer, building machinery, engineering damn near anything, ... what ever.

Once you can mobilize those traditions and package it with pride for homeland (even for nefarious reasons), watch out.

Really tough to nearly conquer a large corner of the world from a country about the size of Wisconsin with out superior effort and brains.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe you should look at Werner Von Braun. After WW 2 the US and Russia fought over German scientist. We got the best. Led our race to the moon and missile systems. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Lets not give the NAZIS too much credit. They were themselves often surprised at how well their tactics and weapons worked. The 88 was designed as an anti-aircraft weapon. As the French-British used relatively few air craft against them in the invasion of France, the Germans turned it against tanks and were surpised at how well it worked. Turned out to be the best artillery weapon of the war.

Last edited by websterparish47; 12/10/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Nazis are not one and the same as the German/Prussian officer caste.
Many of these generals were in the German military prior to World War One and stayed in through the Weimar era into the Nazi era. Some were fascist Nazis ideologically, but not all.
The Germans were superior tacticians, but their strategy, thanks to Adolf, stunk.
You should read the Stalingrad trilogy. The first two books are out and it's just incredible how the Krauts could be so brilliant and so stupid at the same time. And thank God they were stupid.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I read in another place where someone said the best ten generals of WW2 were 'german'.

Yes, there is some truth to that with the top two Generals of the war carrying German sirnames.

Eisenhower
Patton

And yes, the Germans did know how to build a gun.
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 69 invisible), 16,745 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,185
Posts18,543,300
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.