-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you ever take a tumble in prickly pear. Washing those clothes with your wife's unmentionables is generally ill advised. Still, I am amazed at how needle free my hunting pants are and how the needles all stick in that fancy satin fabric.

so....

My new invention: Prickly Free. No, it won't shave your wife's legs, but it will keep you in the same bed if you ever roll in a cactus patch.

Can't get the image to attach, but just imagine a huge pair of lacy panties.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i got a leg full of prickly pear this past Thursday, spent a hr with the tweezers and a magnifying glass pulling them out of my calf.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i took a tumble into a bush like that once dragging a bear out... the next week or so sucked... little puss filled blisters all over... felt like fiberglass all over my arm and hand...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i got a leg full of prickly pear this past Thursday, spent a hr with the tweezers and a magnifying glass pulling them out of my calf.

Can I ever relate. Half go right through the pants into the skin, the other half stay there to remind you of the event next time you put yer britches on, unless you use "Prickly Free".

Inside or outside calf? Inside is easy, outside pretty much requires a contortionist to pick them out.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My buddies and I have all gotten them on our butts. Don't know which is worse: Having a buddy pick them out with tweezers, or picking them out of a buddy's butt.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Steve

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My buddies and I have all gotten them on our butts. Don't know which is worse: Having a buddy pick them out with tweezers, or picking them out of a buddy's butt.

==============

Makes you cringe? You guys ought to consider wearing pants when you hunt.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve

that made me think of this...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bob,

Don't think the guys who got them on their legs were wearing Bermuda shorts.

I got mine from sitting to take a shot at an Antelope. And the needles got through my hunting pants quite easily. The "getting them out part" was a little more difficult.

Also got a fair amount of them on my knees and hands from crawling on a stalk. Knee pads and gloves helped prevent the problem.

And I'm still cringing at the thought of getting the needles out of my or my buddies butt.

Ruined my whole Sunday!!

Steve

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i once had to sneak bare footed across some prickly pear. i was 20 at the time and came across some bad dudes, 5 biker types assaulting a couple out by Port A on the island. it was dark so i had to sneak around through the dunes to get back to the car so i could get to a phone to call the law. walking was painful for a while.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once upon a time on scenic Fort Hood Texas when I was a dumb as dirt Pfc. I did a John Wayne type dive over a couple of large boulders during a training attack.

I discovered immediately on landing that I had picked a 15 foot wide patch of prickly pear to break my fall. blush I wound up throwing that pair of BDU's and my skivvies away, Since there was no way to get all the stickers out of them. After a few days I finally got them pulled out of my hide.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've oft thought that big air guns, throwing PP and Cholla, would be a damned effective crowd control stunt.

Take yer' mind right offa' "occupying" anything.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruel and unusual punishment?

I think so. laugh laugh laugh

I like it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.