-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hello,

Jest wanted to step in and introduce myself. I am in Northern BC by way of the Yukon. I just aquired my first 99F and am thrilled to own one, finally. It has a Ruko scope. I will be asking questions along the way and will post some photos soon. It's not a collector but either am I so we will be in the mountains and bush doing what it was made to do. I looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit.

Thanks, Dog_River

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it in a caliber big enough to stop grizz?

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
OP Offline

.300 Savage

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Didn't we just have a post explaining that the 22 hi power was designed just for Lions, Tigers, and Bears, oh my. Welcome DR, hope you enjoy the site and hang around. I'm pretty new here, I only have 4 99's, and I need a 300. It's the next one on my list, but other calibers have a way of finding me, and I just can't turn them away, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats! Looking forward to the pics. smile

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
welcome from one newbe to another

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Welcome. As many here have stated before, once you have one your going to want more!

Joe - Wish i could find something other than 300's. Local gun show is coming up this weekend and i'm hoping to find another. Hopefull a 303 or 250.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=Dog_River]
Hello,

Jest wanted to step in and introduce myself. I am in Northern BC by way of the Yukon. I just aquired my first 99F and am thrilled to own one, finally. It has a Ruko scope. I will be asking questions along the way and will post some photos soon. It's not a collector but either am I so we will be in the mountains and bush doing what it was made to do. I looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit.

When I lived up north I never thought much of hunting snow shoe hares with nothing more than a Savage 357/20 gauge o/u, and no sidearm for bears. I probably wasn't real bright tho either. Just curious if you have grizz in your area, and if so, do you feel armed for grizzly with the 300? Fireball2

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/12/11.

LOL
C
C
Glad another newbie like me found this site and the amazingly people that hang out here. Welcome friend!

OP Offline
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I am going to try and post some pics. I also have a AH Fox Dbl 12 I will post later.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

OP Offline
I guess there are lots of folks out in the streams, bush and mointains with no firearm whatsoever and get along just fine. So if I am out there with a .300 Savage I dont feel to bad at all.

Thanks, Dog_River

Originally Posted by Fireball2
[quote=Dog_River]
Hello,

When I lived up north I never thought much of hunting snow shoe hares with nothing more than a Savage 357/20 gauge o/u, and no sidearm for bears. I probably wasn't real bright tho either. Just curious if you have grizz in your area, and if so, do you feel armed for grizzly with the 300? Fireball2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what Grade Fox??? I got a few... really like them...

And the F is my favorite ...well my favorite post war...

Andrew
OP Offline
I am not sure what grade it is. Below is a few shots. I am not a collector just a hunter.

Originally Posted by lovemy99
what Grade Fox??? I got a few... really like them...

And the F is my favorite ...well my favorite post war...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dog_River; 12/12/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks like a nice conditioned Sterlingworth. Hard to tell from the pictures but it appears to be on face and the condition is really pretty decent... odd to see the lever so far to the left...not an easy fix and not really needed if it locks up tight and is on face...

What is the barrel length? Extractors or ejectors?

Andrew
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
welcome ,,if you are in BC via youkon u is up there ,what one foot either side of the line grin

you,ve got a great gun there ,i,am interested if you prospect up there ,and if your there year around,

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I`m sure your new to you "99" will serve you well.

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."
OP Offline
It has 30" barrels Mod/Imp. The lever never bothered me as I am a righty and maybe even helps a bit and she has ectractors. I just love this [bleep] and she shoots very sweet.

Thanks, Dog_River

Originally Posted by lovemy99
looks like a nice conditioned Sterlingworth. Hard to tell from the pictures but it appears to be on face and the condition is really pretty decent... odd to see the lever so far to the left...not an easy fix and not really needed if it locks up tight and is on face...

What is the barrel length? Extractors or ejectors?

OP Offline
Hi Neighbour/Norm ! Well people call it north, I am in McBride, BC. I was in the Yukon for three years on a construction project and just finished it last week. I still have a farm in Northen Ontario as well, so I am a bit of a ramblin man. I dont prospect but am in the market for a trapline if you here of any.

Thanks, Dog_River

Originally Posted by norm99
welcome ,,if you are in BC via youkon u is up there ,what one foot either side of the line grin

you,ve got a great gun there ,i,am interested if you prospect up there ,and if your there year around,

norm

OP Offline

The 99F I bought is missing the sling rings. Where would a guy find the correct rings ?

Thanks for all the welcomes !

Dog_River

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dog_River
I am in McBride, BC. I still have a farm in Northen Ontario as well, so I am a bit of a ramblin man. I dont prospect but am in the market for a trapline if you here of any.

Thanks, Dog_River

You are a couple hours to the west of me! Hinton AB. I used to live in Northwestern ON, Marathon to be exact. Welcome to the forum. I saw the site that you snatched that rifle up on, good grab.

Blair

Last edited by 99trix; 12/13/11.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.