-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anything to put the '72 Dolphins back a knotch. Larry Czonka et. al. have had their fun. Time for a new team to claim the title.

Deal with it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thank "God" they're not playing the Broncos!

smile

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tzone
It will come as a shock to most that know me but... I hope they do. I'd like to see it.

I'd like to see 19-0.

I think they can do it. I can watch them objectivly, unlike most of the fans they have. The current team is probably the best football team I've ever seen. The NE Pats team that made the run is the other but obviously fell short.

I think the packers can win them all, they're that good. Certainly fun to watch.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

New England would get blasted, and won't make it that far. They've got the worst passing defense in the NFL, giving up (on average) over 300 in the air per game. Baltimore and Pittsburgh both are designed to derail the Patriots offense, and the Pats D would be exposed against either. Houston is showing itself similar. This weekend's game against the Broncos will show whether the Pats would be successful against that upstart team.

The AFC champ will HAVE to depend upon defense and a solid running game (eat up the clock) to knock out the Packers. The Ravens, Texans, and Steelers (and, perhaps, the Broncos) have that. The Pats, don't.

I think that's a very solid assessment.

The only fly in the ointment I see is Eli Manning and the Giants. I think the Giants could beat the Packers in the playoffs, even in Lambeau. They've done it before.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a bit uneasy about the Giants or the Saints visiting Lambeau in January.

And, I'm in agreement with some of the others - provided the Packers even make the SB, the Ravens and Steelers could both have their way with the Packers.

The Packers have yet to stop the run this year. Of course, they've yet to stop the run, and, they're 13-0.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Packers stop the run better than 20 other teams in the NFL, including the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and New York Giants. Their high risk, high reward pass defense puts them next to last in passing yards, yet they have 27 interceptions (1st) and are allowing 21 points per game (15th) while their offense is scoring 36 points per game (1st). No potential playoff rival is even close in turnover ratio (Packers +20) unless you think San Francisco (+21) can take them on, and the AFC teams don't even come within 10 with Pittsburgh (-7) and Baltimore (+3).

If the Packers can tighten up the defense even a little bit while opening up the offense, they could be really hard to beat in the playoffs, particularly at home. Pittsburgh and Baltimore might not have enough to stop them and they certainly do not have enough to keep pace offensively.

Last edited by jackfish; 12/15/11.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tis why they play on the field, and not in cyberspace. laugh

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
I'm a bit uneasy about the Giants or the Saints visiting Lambeau in January.

And, I'm in agreement with some of the others - provided the Packers even make the SB, the Ravens and Steelers could both have their way with the Packers.

The Packers have yet to stop the run this year. Of course, they've yet to stop the run, and, they're 13-0.

The Ravens would be the only team I'd root for other than the packers for the rest of the season.

If they play the Ravens in the SB all bets are off. grin

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
They are beatable for certain but only they can beat themselves. Their talent and ability to win can't be questioned.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Green Bay Packers 16-0?

Not if the Honolulu blue and silver have anything to do with it!

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

>snip<

The AFC champ will HAVE to depend upon defense and a solid running game (eat up the clock) to knock out the Packers. The Ravens, Texans, and Steelers (and, perhaps, the Broncos) have that. The Pats, don't.

Defense perhaps, but the idea of a Tebow having to put up more points than Rogers, well... crazy

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sse
Green Bay Packers 16-0?

They don't.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by sse
Green Bay Packers 16-0?

They don't.

Alrightee, then...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I was talking to someone from Wisconsin about this a few days ago and he brought up a couple of points that are probably worth thinking about.

If Green Bay beats Kansas City, McCarthy is probably going to have to try to win both of the last two regular season games, even if he would like to rest his players the entire game, to avoid a riot in Lambeau field. I will have to agree that I can't imagine those rabid Packer backers watch the second string players lose to either Chicago or Detroit without going absolutely crazy. I think the Pack will end up undefeated in the regular season. I almost wish that they would lose to Kansas City so they could rest players in the Detroit game without having the perfect season thing hanging over their head.

Having to win two playoff games in Lambeau field concern me the most. Green Bay isn't the type of team that thrives on adverse weather conditions like they have been in the past. They are more the type of team that can as a whole do their best in a domed stadium at that time of the year.

If they make it to Indianapolis I think they will win. It is getting there that I see the biggest challenge. Of course, I want them to go undefeated but I will be more than a little surprised if they pull it off.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hmm...the weather during the 2011 NFC Championship game at Soldiers Field was under 20 degrees and the field was a mess...the temperature for the Packers/Eagles playoff game on January 9, 2011 was 32 degrees and the field condition at Lincoln Financial Field is notoriously bad...I don't think it mattered what the conditions were like for the Falcons game. I don't buy it.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have tickets to the New Years Day game against the Lions and they better play to win. Two years ago I went to the last game of the regular season to see the Lions go 0-16 now I want to see the Packers go 16-0 against the Lions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is no doubt that I'm rooting for MY Packers to go all the way. Yes, mine: I am a part owner!

(On a whim, I bought stock last week. It is meaningless and essentially worthless except for the brag factor - I can say I'm a part-owner of an NFL team. And how cool is that?)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by reelman
I have tickets to the New Years Day game against the Lions and they better play to win. Two years ago I went to the last game of the regular season to see the Lions go 0-16 now I want to see the Packers go 16-0 against the Lions.

And I hope you have to cry in yer cheese...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I think resting players is over rated. They can rest in the 4th quarter of the game, if they're ahead by enough. Coach can pull them out. If they're not ahead enough to rest guys, they have no business resting players. They should be in shape by now. Packers have enough guys to fill holes, if the first stringers are hurt...then that's a different story.

I don't see GB resting against Da Bears because it's a good rivalry and that wouldn't be acceptable by fans.

The should put their foot on the neck of the Lions, just cuz. Maybe run the score up a bit an tell Nama-kogan Sue they don't like having their dudes curb stomped in a game. I'd like them to hang 75pts on the Lions.

Last edited by tzone; 12/16/11.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,773
Posts18,495,725
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.