Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There is no doubt that I'm rooting for MY Packers to go all the way. Yes, mine: I am a part owner!

(On a whim, I bought stock last week. It is meaningless and essentially worthless except for the brag factor - I can say I'm a part-owner of an NFL team. And how cool is that?)

It's only bragging if the people you're braggin to care. laugh

Camp is where you make it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rocky, I always knew you was a good one...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't get stock because in the NFL by-laws if an owner publicly cracks on another owner - it's a 500k fine.

No thanks - I like making fun of the Vikings too much and I DON'T have 500 grand to pay the fine.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
I didn't get stock because in the NFL by-laws if an owner publicly cracks on another owner - it's a 500k fine.
Seriously??? Didn't know that..

No thanks - I like making fun of the Vikings too much and I DON'T have 500 grand to pay the fine.
Yeah, me too.. Good thing I didn't get a share.. I'd be fined daily for pounding on them Queens.. I think 2-14 is a REAL GOOD possibility, Queens-wise..

laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since I'm not in the habit of knocking other teams, I'm safe. Besides, if they tried to fine me, I'd be responsible for about a gazillionth of the fine, because I'm only a gazillionth-share owner.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd be fined daily for pounding on them Queens.. I think 2-14 is a REAL GOOD possibility, Queens-wise..

I think 2-14 is a foregone conclusion.

It's tough to witness, but kind of funny at the same time. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
It will come as a shock to most that know me but... I hope they do. I'd like to see it.

I'd like to see 19-0.

I think they can do it. I can watch them objectivly, unlike most of the fans they have. The current team is probably the best football team I've ever seen. The NE Pats team that made the run is the other but obviously fell short.

I think the packers can win them all, they're that good. Certainly fun to watch.

Tom, are you sick? Just saying!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hmmmm....I'd give a $1000.00 to see 'em play the Saints again!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unless the Saints end up playing the Seahawks in the play offs - they just might...

Me

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jackfish
Hmm...the weather during the 2011 NFC Championship game at Soldiers Field was under 20 degrees and the field was a mess...the temperature for the Packers/Eagles playoff game on January 9, 2011 was 32 degrees and the field condition at Lincoln Financial Field is notoriously bad...I don't think it mattered what the conditions were like for the Falcons game. I don't buy it.

Bad weather is notorious for making things more even between a good team and not quite as good team because of lucky breaks. The Eagles and Bears games were both decided by 7 points or less. If you are saying that Green Bay would have beat the Falcons by 27 points on a sloppy field last year, I can't buy that at all.

Add to that Green Bay doesn't seem to have the overall defense it had last year. I will still say the Packers have the type of team that would benefit the most from good field conditions found in a dome stadium rather than a less than good field outdoors. Don't get me wrong, I have been a Packer fan for over fifty years and I hope they do win all their remaining games. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if they don't.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no doubt that I'm rooting for MY Packers to go all the way. Yes, mine: I am a part owner!

(On a whim, I bought stock last week. It is meaningless and essentially worthless except for the brag factor - I can say I'm a part-owner of an NFL team. And how cool is that?)

Welcome to the Owners Club! I will look forward to meeting you at the annual Stockholders Meeting next summer.

Steve

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Yeah, me too.. Good thing I didn't get a share.. I'd be fined daily for pounding on them Queens.. I think 2-14 is a REAL GOOD possibility, Queens-wise..

laugh laugh laugh [/quote]

Possibilty? I'd say it's a dead nutz lock pick.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Tom, are you sick? Just saying!

Nope. How could you NOT like to watch them play at this point. What have you seen that is better football than they're playing at the moment.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I'm an owner also, I bought my share back in 1997. Yes it's a worthless pice of paper but framed it looks pretty cool and there are a lot of prints out there that cost more and don't look as cool.

The fine thing is getting WAY over rated. It's not like they are the police and their fines hold any legal responsibilty. If you get fined by the NFL just resign your ownership and they can't get anything out of you. Just like if they fine a player he could quit and tell them to pound sand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
At some point the Packers are gonna have to go up against the Saints.

The Pack already beat on the Saints. I do agree that the Saints have the best shot at pulling the upset...however, they're a pinball dome team and they'll have to play them in Green Bay in January. Tough to envision the Saints coming out on top in that one.

in the first game, the Packers won when they stopped Ingram on the one as time ran out. had he gotten in, the two point conversion would have put the game in OT. and that game was at Lambeau with the Saints missing several key players on offense. by any description it was a very close game.

if form holds, they'll replay that game in January for the NFC championship. I'd be surprised if anybody beats GB before that game. And I'd expect the result to be another pick'em.....although a blizzard could be worth a TD or so for the Packers.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reelman

I'm an owner also, I bought my share back in 1997. Yes it's a worthless pice of paper but framed it looks pretty cool and there are a lot of prints out there that cost more and don't look as cool.

The fine thing is getting WAY over rated. It's not like they are the police and their fines hold any legal responsibilty. If you get fined by the NFL just resign your ownership and they can't get anything out of you. Just like if they fine a player he could quit and tell them to pound sand.

I was being sarcastic in my quote...

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That stock certificate entitles you to attend a game wearing a triangular shaped Cheesehat with the word Owner written on the side with a magic marker. So it is not entirely worthless.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The Giants beat the Packers, the ref and replay refs blew the call!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
The Giants beat the Packers, the ref and replay refs blew the call!
Aw, that's too bad. cry

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Idared
I was talking to someone from Wisconsin about this a few days ago and he brought up a couple of points that are probably worth thinking about.

If Green Bay beats Kansas City, McCarthy is probably going to have to try to win both of the last two regular season games, even if he would like to rest his players the entire game, to avoid a riot in Lambeau field. I will have to agree that I can't imagine those rabid Packer backers watch the second string players lose to either Chicago or Detroit without going absolutely crazy. I think the Pack will end up undefeated in the regular season. I almost wish that they would lose to Kansas City so they could rest players in the Detroit game without having the perfect season thing hanging over their head.

Having to win two playoff games in Lambeau field concern me the most. Green Bay isn't the type of team that thrives on adverse weather conditions like they have been in the past. They are more the type of team that can as a whole do their best in a domed stadium at that time of the year.

If they make it to Indianapolis I think they will win. It is getting there that I see the biggest challenge. Of course, I want them to go undefeated but I will be more than a little surprised if they pull it off.

If they win the next game they get home field advantage and have 2 weeks off at the end of the regular season.They need to go out on a win.2 weeks off can get you off of your game.

Last edited by Huntz; 12/17/11.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,296 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.