Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Also, how have they dodged cars and 18 wheelers for a century now.

When's the last time someone claim to see a mountain lion hit by a vehicle?

My mother hit one a few years ago on DogCreek hill just north of Whitefish, Mt. She through the body in the rig and the game warden came and picked it up.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Patterson film is interesting.

It was debunked several years ago.

Last edited by Cabriolet; 12/16/11.

Survivor of the 13th Original Colony, I escaped on December 17, 1968.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No action on my bait sites yet...be back at it next week!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do so many people keep saying that the Patterson film has been proven to be a fake. That is 100% un-true. I don't know if it's fake or not, but it has not been dis-proven as of yet. T O M, if you say you gave seen one, that's good enough for me. Who am I to tell you otherwise. My buddy says he saw a cougar in the city limits of Columbus Ohio. He knows what they look like so I believe him.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Why do so many people keep saying that the Patterson film has been proven to be a fake. That is 100% un-true. I don't know if it's fake or not, but it has not been dis-proven as of yet. T O M, if you say you gave seen one, that's good enough for me. Who am I to tell you otherwise. My buddy says he saw a cougar in the city limits of Columbus Ohio. He knows what they look like so I believe him.

Ron

Heck they had bears, lions, tigers, monkeys, and so such running around that state not to long ago....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Never seen Bigfoot personally but I have good intel from a logging boss/contractor with one of my best buddies there,seeing such unexplainable whom both are as woods wise as any human.

A Forest Service Lookout walked off of Pilots Peke lookout because of the same in the same general area as the two loggers.Nasty country.

Who knows but I wouldn't call either I mentioned a liar...

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have one at the taxidermist now,we can't seem to find a form to fit him. i wish they'd get it mounted so i could become a very vich man. planning on traveling the country for a few years to show it off.

the only bigfoot killer.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by logcutter
Never seen Bigfoot personally but I have good intel from a logging boss/contractor with one of my best buddies there,seeing such unexplainable whom both are as woods wise as any human.

A Forest Service Lookout walked off of Pilots Peke lookout because of the same in the same general area as the two loggers.Nasty country.

Who knows but I wouldn't call either I mentioned a liar...

Jayco

A Bigfoot definately exist
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Shak wears a size 22 NOW THAT'S A BIGFOOT

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
in response to
Sometimes I feel about 1000 generations old but in truth I haven't quite hit 50. I saw one in the mid 1970s. How does your theory account for that?

Tom

What I offered was MY theory, that the stories have been retold 30,000 years and that occasional sightings, of say a mangy bear, are mistaken for this "Bigfoot" that once lived, but has long been extinct.

it is possible, but extremely unlikely I'd guess, that a relic population of neanderthals exist on earth, it is possible, but only slightly more likely that an undiscovered species of secretive nocturnal huge primate exists in north america.

I believe "bigfoot" sightings have been erroneous sightings of known animals or of hoaxes (ie the witness is the victim of the hoax) (I'd guess that TOM is in one of those 2 categories) or are hoaxes (the "witness" is a hoaxer).

but I find the topic very intriguing and, my belief might be wrong (it often is) and it would REALLY be cool to encounter and prove another large species like that.

the only way to conclusively prove it would be to have a live one in a cage or a dead one on the ground.

Poole

Last edited by Bill Poole; 12/18/11.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't go messing with Bigfoot, he is fine just as he is. There is no need for proof either positive or negative, all it would do is take the fun/ mystery out of backyard kid camping.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Big Foot or UFO's..I guess if you see either, your either a drunk or a loony tune..Myself,I say nothing is impossible and try to keep an open mind on both subjects.

Jayco

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im not sold on either theroy, but the whole culture around it is very interesting. I always end up stopping on those shows when im channel surfing.

Im sure this has been posted here before but if I caught of glimps of this in the woods near dark I would be needing a new union suit. I still would not pull the trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZ4fktcuNk

Last edited by inland44; 12/19/11.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Why do so many people keep saying that the Patterson film has been proven to be a fake. That is 100% un-true. I don't know if it's fake or not, but it has not been dis-proven as of yet.

Ron -

Correct. The P-G film has NOT been proven to be a hoax. It has been CLAIMED to be a hoax. There's a big difference.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T O M,

I've been intrigued by the bigfoot phenomenon since seeing the Patterson-Gimlin film when I was about 8 years old (1968). Scientists, film experts, special effects guys have all tried to break the film down. The muscles flexing under the hide is something that is hard to fake. Remember this film was shot in 1967 when there was no photo shop or computer imaging.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did you forget, the person that shot the film admitted that it was a fake on TV. I don't know why they keep showing it as an actual sighting. eek

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No he did not. The person who shot the film died of cancer in 1972. He swore on his death bed that the film was authentic. The other guy, Bob Gimlin still swears that the creature was real to this day. There is a lot of mis-information out there. Sorry Hubert. I mean no offense or disrespect to you but that is just not true.

Ron

Orwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know what I saw on a news report at the time of his death and you are wrong. Beleive what you want but they swept it under the rug to keep the myth alive, there is no bigfoot. no yeti or anything else you can dream up. grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I actually saw a show two weeks ago with Bob Gimlin saying that it was real. It was the show Finding Bigfoot on Animal planet. They went out to the actually location of the sighting. That also talked about the other guy swearing it was real till the day he died.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
OK. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hubert, you and I must have watched the same show which clearly stated the film was faked. What I want to know is the show they have on TV now weekly, the investigaters seem to find some sort of proof at every location they film, yet go to a new location every week. Talk about crypto BS. This show has it all. Tom

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (6MMWASP, 673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 10 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,945
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.