Print Thread
Hop To
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Have been looking for a good carry holster for a few of my hunting hand guns. I ended up buying these two and the number of different models just these two will carry is amazing....

The first one was for scoped handguns. So far this one holster will carry:

S&W K-L-N frame scoped revolvers up to 8 3/8"
Ruger scoped revolvers, both SA and DA up to 7.7"
Ruger Mk I-II-III scoped .22 semi-autos

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390334456918?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was so impressed with that one I was going to order two more..one for 4" and one for 6" unscoped guns. The Seller said don't bother as the 6" would work with the 4" guns... The holster came yesterday and he was right... So are it nicely fits:

S&W K-L-N revolvers with 4-6.5" barels
Freedom Arms 83 4.75-6" barrels
Ruger DA 4-6" and SA 4 5/8-6.5"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390334432744?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The holster came just as I was leaving for a week away so that is all the guns I had time to stick it in...

I have never been a fan of nylon but for the use this is going to get this sure saved a lot of money instead of having to buy a dedicated holster for each group of guns...

Quality product made in the USA......

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice guns deserve leather. But, to each his own.

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said. For $45.00-$50.00 a pop, I can get a really nice holster made by Gregintenn from here at the campfire. I am on about holster no3 from him. There will be more, I am sure, so long as he stays in biz doing such great work for so little dinero.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by safariman
Well said. For $45.00-$50.00 a pop, I can get a really nice holster made by Gregintenn from here at the campfire.

Does he have a website?

I could ask him, but it's easier to reply to you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Glad you like them RJM. Seen some nylon holsters give some fine service.

Travis

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ken458

My handguns mean more to me than to be carried in generic holsters.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by ken458

My handguns mean more to me than to be carried in generic holsters.

Sure, Texas and Arizona drought victims. Ever carry a water-logged leather holster? wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by safariman
Well said. For $45.00-$50.00 a pop, I can get a really nice holster made by Gregintenn from here at the campfire.

Does he have a website?

I could ask him, but it's easier to reply to you.

No website that I know of, but you can PM him through here, his campfire handle:

gregintenn

He is a fine gentleman and artison of holstermaking. I have displayed photos of his work before here at 24hrcf. My 1911 holsters look and work exactly like the Mitch Rosens that I paid more than twice as much for.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I 100% agree and except for one Tactical Thigh Holster all my holsters are leather... But I hunt with a LOT of different handguns and to put out $50-100.00 for probably 6 different holsters that will get worn 3-6 days every few years just didn't make economic scense.

JOG also said it...in Pa. where I hunt, this year it rained 4 of the 7 days I hunted... A stainless gun and nylon works just fine...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I will also recommend Greg in TN. He did my first 1911 IWB holster and it was great. I have since purchased a few from Simply Rugged for a couple dollars more but I wouldn't hesitate to order another from Greg if he has the mold.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't generally use holsters that much ... only because I seldom 'need' to.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I do have several LEATHER holsters however, from long ago and some more recent. I have them because they ARE good brand leather holsters - and because they are dedicated to and compliment a valuable handgun that I own.

A form of 'investment' of sorts in case I ever want to 'sell'. But, leather holsters, in my experience, have sometimes caused undesired 'wear' to the finish of some my handguns.

Also I do have several nylon holsters that hold and secure my handguns very well - AND my gun's finish stays perfect.

Otherwise I just use padded Boyt soft pistol cases & rugs when travelin' - Or the hard case the gun came in.

- Works for me.

I also bet RJM is no stranger to having and using leather holsters, probably has more than any of us posting. smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Maybe I should also clarify one thing...these holsters are for under the arm or chest carry of fairly large guns on the outside of my hunting garments. If you look at the videos attached to the bottom of the ebay auctions you can see how these holsters can be worn... I didn't care for the chest carry all that much but the under the arm worked great. The strap is very wide and after a while didn't even notice it was there...

Total cost was $75.00...leather holsters to cover the range of guns that these two will would have been $500.00. And again the only time I wear something like this is hunting season when hunting with THE handgun. Otherwise when carrying a handgun as a backup to a rifle or bow it is in a leather belt holster...

Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sold a handgun a couple years ago. I was planning on keeping the holster, a Lawrence 120, and modifying it to fit the new handgun I was planning to buy. The purchaser of my old gun asked what I wanted for the holster; he said that the two, after several years, needed to stay together. We reached an agreement, he left with holster and revolver. I purchased a Simply Rugged holster for the new one. The fellow was right!

But I understand the need for economy, and that in wet conditions leather isn't necessarily the best product. As one other poster said, we each need to find the solution that best fits our needs.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 60 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.