Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok, so I bought this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=263114807

and I picked it up today - it far exceeds it's value! This unit is very well made, the stock has very minimal wobble, and the pull is smootha and about 5-6pounds I think! Just a heads up that this is a wonderful deal, if you too are looking!

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks good.What a great price.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Can you post some pics? I'm between this and a Plumcrazy lower. I'd like to see how that OD green looks

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have already stripped the original stuff off to go to MOE furniture, but it is virtually the same as the Magpul MOE, color-wise. I will post pics, but it will be next week.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I have this and a PlumCrazy, I am a PC proponent, and while the PC has a slightlylighter/better trigger, but not too much. i think i may begrudgily admit that this is preferred of the two!

_
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have purchased 2 of these SA lowers from Karri - she is first class and so are the lowers. They are manufactured by aero precision, which is a top producer of lowers in this industry. Their mark is the keyhole. They manufacture lowers for lots of "manufacturers".

Bryant

HRCH Superchamp's Pocket Change "PESO"
�Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.�-GENESIS 1:28
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The keyhole mark is Cerro forge.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Wonder if they offer them in black or dark earth for the same price? Work won't let me get on GB so I'll have to check it out, but last I saw the black was a little higher ($20-30).

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 12/09/11.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Just placed my order last night. This will be my first AR and I'm using this complete lower with a Surplus Arms and Ammo upper with Black Hole Weaponry barrel.

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I saw that upper/barrel combo and wished I had seen it before I bought my DSA upper, or I would have done so. they have an assembled upper w/18" stripped barrel for $210!

_
IC B3

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
oh, FWIW, that assembled A3 upper that Karri's/Surplus ammo has is very nice, I am on my 3rd build with it!

_
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

where are you guys finding this stuff? I cant find anything on this person.(Karris) Thanks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

http://www.karrisguns.com/

Originally Posted by gunchamp

where are you guys finding this stuff? I cant find anything on this person.(Karris) Thanks.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm in the Air Force and carried and shot M-4's quite a bit. I just don't understand why they are so expensive. For the money you could get a high polish blued finish, nice walnut stocked bolt action. Can someone enlighten me?

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I actually found them on Gunbroker.

blairvt - they are priced that because they bring that in the market place, plain and simple.

_
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm thinking of making the trip to Columbia to get a Palmetta State Arms one. They seem to be reasonably priced.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Anyone talked to or ordered one of these lowers from Karri's Guns? I ordered and paid the the 11th (Sunday) and included the contact info for my FFL. I emailed Tuesday to make sure that everything was good to go and they said they hadn't received a copy of my FFL holders license (even though all they had to do was pick up the phone and call them for it). They did not mention that they needed a copy of the FFL after I won the auction and contacted them with the name, number and address of my FFL. I emailed them a copy on Tuesday 12/13 and now I can't get in touch with anyone there over the last couple of days via email or phone. I know things come up and all, but if you have a business, it's your responsibility to make sure the customer is taken care of.

Right now I have paid for this lower and nothing to show, nor do I know when it's shipping out. The message on Karri's Guns phone says they will be at a gunshow and unavailable from 12/16-12/19.

I'll post an update if I get a call or email back. As of now I am not too happy with the lack of communication on their end.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Got a call from them...Karri was sick. Its going out at the beginning of next week. I'm still not too happy about the lack of communication but at least I have been updated.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Well another update. Due to the delay in getting my order out from Karri's Guns and USPS running behInd, I won't have this before the holiday. My suggestion for anyone wanting to order from Karri's is to make sure you contac them by phone before placing your order. I ordered and paid on a Sunday night and my lower wasn't shipped until the following Tuesday a week. I place the blame for it not arriving before Christmas solely on the slow handling time from Karri.

Live and learn i suppose but I won't be doing anymore business with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.