Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have been discussing the purchase of a handgun with the fellows in the handgun forum and have posed this question there as well.

Considering the greater participation in this forum, I thought I might ask here as well.

I am interestewd in a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 41 mag shown at the Davidsons website. But it is listed as temporarily out of stock. It is my understanding that this is a limited production item built exclusively for this distributor.

Is there any chance that they will be restocked on a limited production item of this nature?

The website also shows the Ruger Super Blackhawk hunter model and has only fortyone of these left. I do not want to wait in vain for a Bisley, only to have them run out of the regular Hunter model.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Davidson's is a major "Distributor" of firearms that only sells to "Dealers" (retailers). You will not be able to purchase directly from them.

On their web-site you can "check" to find a retailer of Davidson's products near you. Or you can take the Davidson's "information" to a gun dealer you perfer and he should be able to contact Davidson's and order the firearm for you. Ask your dealer what your price on the item will be. He may sell it to you for less than the retail price Davidson's ad suggests.

I have 2 Marlin .41 mag. "Limited" carbines that came from Davidson's via "Scheels". If I were to purchase a "new gun"- I would check Davidson's first to see if they were carrying a "special" model or edition- as they often do (and sometimes even for less money than the "regular" model may cost off the dealers shelf.) I have found unique firearms that I did not know even existed- by "just looking" on Davidson's web-site. (try their "Gun Locator" feature)

Davidson"s is a very good & reputable company.

----------------------------Weed

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Re- Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk .41 magnum future avaiability:

I think only Davidson"s can answer that question. You may be able to contact them yourself on-line- for that information or your "dealer" could find out for you.

A frequent "poster" on the Campfire Handguns has an excellent Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk that he would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. (This being an individual of exceptional integrity and trust.)

Weed P

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Re: Ruger Bisley Super Black hawk

---------the above handgun referred to as "for sale" IS in
--------------------------41 MAGNUM--------------------------

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
P Weed,

I noticed that reference to a Ruger for sale in the 41 lovers thread. I sent a PM to the party I assumed had it for sale.

If I assumed wrongly and you are the seller, please PM me with the details. Esp. barrel length

Thank you very much.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had a very good bud from my Navy days who worked for Davidson's for several years.

If you have any problem whatsoever with any firearm purchased via Davidson's you don't have to rely on the manufacturers warranty alone, Davidson will replace it. GREAT deal if you ask me.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Davidson's is a major "Distributor" of firearms that only sells to "Dealers" (retailers). You will not be able to purchase directly from them.

On their web-site you can "check" to find a retailer of Davidson's products near you. Or you can take the Davidson's "information" to a gun dealer you perfer and he should be able to contact Davidson's and order the firearm for you. Ask your dealer what your price on the item will be. He may sell it to you for less than the retail price Davidson's ad suggests.

I have 2 Marlin .41 mag. "Limited" carbines that came from Davidson's via "Scheels". If I were to purchase a "new gun"- I would check Davidson's first to see if they were carrying a "special" model or edition- as they often do (and sometimes even for less money than the "regular" model may cost off the dealers shelf.) I have found unique firearms that I did not know even existed- by "just looking" on Davidson's web-site. (try their "Gun Locator" feature)

Davidson"s is a very good & reputable company.

----------------------------Weed

Yes, I had figured out how their sales system worked from the website and have looked at the prices they say will be charged by the dealers in my area. I have a couple of E-mails in to the local dealers to double check on any additional charges.

Thanks, again

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Several years ago I purchased a Ruger SS 7.62X39 rifle from a Davidison Dealer with the Davidson guarantee. Never a problem and would do it again. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have two Davidsons specials, a Ruger 35 Whelen and the 41 Mag Hunter as mentioned above. I am thoroughly satisfied with both firearms. Both are at the top of the very best of my lot. Davidsons is a very reputable distributor.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The person on this "forum" whom I refered to as perhaps still having a .41 Ruger Bisley SBH for sale is not "myself"- but "RJM". As to barrel length- I think it's "long". (without getting too technical)

good luck------------------------------------------------weed

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
My "sent mail" box still contains the PM I sent to RJM a couple of days ago. I have not recieved a "read reciept".

Perhaps he is out of town for a few days, or hopefully out hunting.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have purchased several firearms thru Davidsons, both as an FFL holder, and thru my local gun shop. You simply cannot beat their guarantee. No one else in the industry has it. In most every gun shop you will see a sign above the counter that says, "All firearm sales are final, no refunds." Not with Davidsons. When ever I am in the market for a new gun, Davidsons is the first place I check. billt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.