Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Cracks me up everytime I read about how much someone loves their rifle, regardless of brand the post usually looks something like this:

I love my (insert make/model of rifle here) I bought one last year. swapped the stock, bedded the action, floated the barrel, put a new trigger in it, changed the extractor, lapped the lugs, cut and recrowned the barrel, re-adjusted the new trigger, jewelled the bolt, rebarrelled to a different caliber, danced a raindance........

But dang it those (insert make/model of rifle here) are just good shooters.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds the above funny.

Deal with it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that you mention it, it do look kinda familiar smile That post fits me to a TEE when my CZ in 416Rigby comes up. But, it is the only rifle in the safe, sans my 10/22 that I like as is, that is mostly factory built. Good point/post.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Gotta start somewhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got an axe I really like.

It's had two new heads and three new handles, but dang, it sure is a good axe.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A rifle can't compare to the poor guy who marries a gal who is dead set on changin' him. New clothes, hair style, friends, hobbies...

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Cracks me up everytime I read about how much someone loves their rifle, regardless of brand the post usually looks something like this:

I love my (insert make/model of rifle here) I bought one last year. swapped the stock, bedded the action, floated the barrel, put a new trigger in it, changed the extractor, lapped the lugs, cut and recrowned the barrel, re-adjusted the new trigger, jewelled the bolt, rebarrelled to a different caliber, danced a raindance........

......Other than that it's just like it came from the factory.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Dess, A woman marries a man hoping to change him.

A man marries a woman hoping she'll never change...

Rick

The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
True enough. Well said.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I called Ruger on the phone one day and got.... Bill Ruger. Out of nowhere, he went into a rant about his 10/22 rifles. He said that the target guys buy the guns and then chop them up. He said they don't even try them with the barrels he supplies, and they're good barrels. I felt bad listening to him. I think most barrels can shoot better than most shooters and it's too bad they don't just keep them and learn what they like.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rick300

Rick

And they both are wrong, big time.

Did you hear that they have discovered a substance that reduces a womans sex drive by 90%? Its called Wedding Cake smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Kind of reminds you of a just married woman. He's a project then.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rob p
I called Ruger on the phone one day and got.... Bill Ruger. Out of nowhere, he went into a rant about his 10/22 rifles. He said that the target guys buy the guns and then chop them up. He said they don't even try them with the barrels he supplies, and they're good barrels. I felt bad listening to him. I think most barrels can shoot better than most shooters and it's too bad they don't just keep them and learn what they like.

A Ruger 10/22T with its heavy hammer forged barrel is usually a great shooter. The carbines? I have tried them and few shoot as well as I need them to. Firelapping often helps them a LOT.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
From reading some of the postings on this forum....eye golly there's some here that shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
From reading some of the postings on this forum....eye golly there's some here that shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm!!

Speaking of yourself again I see.......you have issues needing attention.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And now, after three weeks of serious load development, I can put three shots in a two inch circle at a hundred yards just about every time.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

And now, after three weeks of serious load development, I can put three shots in a two inch circle at a hundred yards just about every time.

Unfortunately the two inch circle is nowhere near my point of aim.

The original international turd
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Remingtons are the best because they are the easiest to find parts for...

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
10/22's and 1911's are the best since it is so easy to replace all the parts with good ones.

Bruce

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by Rick300

Rick

And they both are wrong, big time.

Did you hear that they have discovered a substance that reduces a womans sex drive by 90%? Its called Wedding Cake smile

How do you paralyze a woman from the waist down?

Marry her.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Can anyone tell me where the expiration date on my marriage license is?
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 3,800 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,700
Posts18,534,642
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.