Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I cant think of a single good reason to own a Blaser.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I rest my case

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your "case" is laughable.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Exactly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Blaser guy, but other rifles built today are technologically sufficient to shoot consistently good groups that will rival or possibly exceed your Blaser. Their simplicity makes them very reliable as well.

If that weren't the case, you may have had an argument.

Coopers, Nosler's, Nulas, etc. along with some mass produced rifles can be surprisingly accurate and dead nuts reliable.

Blasers are certainly fine rifles and I have nothing against them or anyone who wants to own one.

But, If you have a car with a 400 hp motor, sticking Chrome wheels on it will not help it's performance one iota.

JM

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Put some blue tape on the [bleep] thing and go hunting. Jeezus Pleezus people make stuff hard.

whistle

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yup pretty much mate, shame really. Anyhow,..... I have friends here from your part of the world ATM, which has seen the last 2 days knocking down more, food, red wine, Lagavulan(16yo) scotch, beer & training that ones system should handle...lol...& only 3 more days to go. haa
Geeeezuz I bare no grudgers to any man. So on that note. I have a 6kg free-range pig going on the weber at noon, some cold piss(aka beer) on ice, dare say another 2 bottles of 16YO will be on the table too :P . If ya in the area stop on by wink

Last edited by 340Wby; 12/30/11. Reason: another typo, I'm drunk

Taking my rifle for a walk
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's a couple of questions for the group, how many Professional Hunters use or have good things to say about a Blasers reliability and durability as their own personal rifle and how many more parts, moving or otherwise does a Blaser use to accomplish the same thing a conventional bolt action does?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Last year between DSC, and SCI,I personally sold aproxamately 70 R8s, roughly 20% were sold to guides , PHs and outfitters. A few of these are well known, and respected.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Here's a couple of questions for the group, how many Professional Hunters use or have good things to say about a Blasers reliability and durability as their own personal rifle and how many more parts, moving or otherwise does a Blaser use to accomplish the same thing a conventional bolt action does?

Would you agree that a Lexus has more moving parts than a model T?

Would you also agree that a Lexus is more dependable than a model T?

Would you rather drive a Lexus, or a model T?

Absolutly no one disputes the fact that conventional bolt actions are dependable, however I have seen controlled round rifles fail, I have seen extractors/ejectors fail on conventional bolt actions, heck there is a thread about a brand new Kimber that has feeding issues going on right now. You guys have a double set of standards, you see past problems on certain models that you use, yet make a big deal about any issues of those you do not like.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by corjack

Would you agree that a Lexus has more moving parts than a model T?

Would you also agree that a Lexus is more dependable than a model T?

Would you rather drive a Lexus, or a model T?

Again, an apple/oranges, sophomoric argument.

Must be a Blaser thing...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Brad
You're ridiculous.

Flight propulsion and design has changed constantly since the first flight, hence the technology surrounding flight has changed. Flight is complex and the technology surrounding it is, and will forever be, complex.

The basic metallic cartridge hasn't changed one bit, hence the reason there is very little new to discover about how to handle that technology in a hunting platform. The technology of the metallic cartridge is simple and the platform to handle it best in the hunting field should be relatively simple.

Your analogy sucks and is at the intellectual level of the 5th grade.

I really see your need for fowl language, and name calling, as a total lack of having any sort of valid position.

This mans opinion should never be considered, when considering to buy, or not buy a Blaser, or any other product for that matter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry, but that's not a valid argument. Can you point specifically where a Blaser does a better job regarding accuracy, feeding and or reliability than a conventional bolt action? (rhetorical question).But I take it as a tacit concession the Blaser has considerably more parts than a conventional bolt. Kimber? not me. Now how about the second part of my question and while you are at DSC why don't you ask a few PHs their opinions on the Blaser?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're ridiculous.

Flight propulsion and design has changed constantly since the first flight, hence the technology surrounding flight has changed. Flight is complex and the technology surrounding it is, and will forever be, complex.

The basic metallic cartridge hasn't changed one bit, hence the reason there is very little new to discover about how to handle that technology in a hunting platform. The technology of the metallic cartridge is simple and the platform to handle it best in the hunting field should be relatively simple.

I really see your need for fowl language, and name calling, as a total lack of having any sort of valid position.

This mans opinion should never be considered, when considering to buy, or not buy a Blaser, or any other product for that matter.

No, I just find your "arguments" flawed and hilarious.

You obviously have nothing better. If you want to shoot a Blaser, I'm all for it... obviously you have a financial stake in promoting them.

What I DO object to is the childish arguments regarding the 93's viability.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Sorry, but that's not a valid argument. Can you point specifically where a Blaser does a better job regarding accuracy, feeding and or reliability than a conventional bolt action? (rhetorical question).But I take it as a tacit concession the Blaser has considerably more parts than a conventional bolt. Kimber? not me. Now how about the second part of my question and while you are at DSC why don't you ask a few PHs their opinions on the Blaser?

Again you come in with a double standard. Can you prove that the products you use are any more accurate or reliable than that of a Blaser? You can not, you base your opinion on things you read, and take note of those concerning Blasers, yet dismiss problems that you read about concerning the products you use. I have no problem with what you own and use, and am open minded when it comes to the choices you make for yourself. However you do not seem very open minded to the choices others make. All is asked is that you not muddy up the waters with unfair judgements, that you can not be absolutely sure of the correctness of.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
You're ridiculous.

You obviously have nothing better. If you want to shoot a Blaser, I'm all for it... obviously you have a financial stake in promoting them.

I still would like people to take not of your fowl language and name calling. It shows your judgement is clouded, and your posted material can not be considered as pertinent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Again you come in with a double standard. Can you prove that the products you use are any more accurate or reliable than that of a Blaser?

Of course one can and it's been done. I take I must have written my second question with invisible ink. I think am done here, I don't work well with zealots. Enjoy your over-engineered, polymer clad Rube-Goldberg gizmos.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Again you come in with a double standard. Can you prove that the products you use are any more accurate or reliable than that of a Blaser?

Of course one can and it's been done. I take I must have written my second question with invisible ink. I think am done here, I don't work well with zealots. Enjoy your over-engineered, polymer clad Rube-Goldberg gizmos.

You were done a long time ago, and are just now figuring it out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're ridiculous.

I still would like people to take not of your fowl language and name calling. It shows your judgement is clouded, and your posted material can not be considered as pertinent.

Foul language? "Sucks"... you can't answer a logical argument (you have no leg to stand on) and are reduced to shooting the messenger...

Have fun with your Teutonic, Rube Goldgerg contraption. No doubt it's necessary in a Missouri tree stand drilling 125lb deer at 60 yards.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
You used fowl language in previous post in this thread, as well as name calling.

You are doing a fine job of degrading yourself, and bringing attention to the fact that most Blaser detractors are cut from the same material as yourself. Your negative tactics will sell more Blasers than, it does not.

Thanks for being so cooperative in this.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (160user, 12344mag, 338rcm, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 28 invisible), 1,191 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,442
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.