Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by 300WinMag
I'm sure this is a great thread but I didn't bother to read it all. There's only one thing for sure, whether you love or hate Paul. He will not beat Obama. Period. Voting for Paul in the primary is the same as voting for another 4 years for Obama.

And nominating "Flip" Romney will get you to the same place at the same time with the added bonus of a further deterioration of the GOP.

Do you have a little Sachet that you wear, close to your heart,....."Genuine sweat offa' Rp's balls",....or what?

He's a "Doctor" ya' know,....he may have just mixed up street grade LSD with DMSO , and sold it to ya'.

I "Disavow" saying any of the forgoing,....so it really doesn't need any response,....does it STUPID ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 12/30/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There's only one candidate who represents the people,...Ron Paul.
The people of iran.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
There's only one candidate who represents the people,...Ron Paul.
The people of iran.

snork

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by oulufinn

I like a LOT of what RP has put down over the years, .....
Than there's this CRAZY streak that just pops up.

This ^ boils it right the hell down to a stark, sickening truth.

RP has made RP unelectable, not the [bleep] RINOs who wail about him to take the spotlight off of their own ignorant [bleep] asshattery that is helping us circle the drain. Ron Paul is flat wrong on some very critical issues and the GOP has been ruined by statist pricks who claim to represent the party now.

Just because they are not wrong about Ron Paul, doesn't make them right on any other subject. They are simply a different kind of megasuck, in their own delightful, driving the train over a cliff way.

Unless a smaller government proponent who is not batshit insane on foreign policy emerges, it will be [bleep] Romney. This will ensure the kenyan mongrel muslim wins AGAIN and the best we can hope for is gridlock, induced by the taking back of the senate from the [bleep] commies. JFC that was depressing to puke out.. smile

Nice piece of text there,.....there's an "edge" of sanity in it.

Listening to / reading some of the batchit crazy nonsense here can be distracting.

BATCHIT CRAZY, ......starts with a "B"

GTC

at the risk of injecting some more painful reality into the Paulists fantasy world.....you do realize, don't you, that Gingrich and Bachman and Santorum's voting record in the Congress is probably identical to 99% of Ron Paul's votes for the times they overlapped. Other than Ron's votes against fighting terrorism and his occasional solo attention whore stunts. that's why all their ACU scores are within spitting distance of each other.

so these idiots who keep saying Paul is a conservative and everybody else is a liberal are just bleating Paulie delusions, not reality.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, if one listed the RPeeer's on this site you would have a complete list of KOTY contestants......

All American

All the time
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add
I'm sure this is a great thread but I didn't bother to read it all. There's only one thing for sure, whether you love or hate Paul. He will not beat Obama. Period. Voting for Paul in the primary is the same as voting for another 4 years for Obama.

And nominating "Flip" Romney will get you to the same place at the same time with the added bonus of a further deterioration of the GOP.

Do you have a little Sachet that you wear, close to your heart,....."Genuine sweat offa' Rp's balls",....or what?

He's a "Doctor" ya' know,....he may have just mixed up street grade LSD with DMSO , and sold it to ya'.

I "Disavow" saying any of the forgoing,....so it really doesn't need any response,....does it STUPID ?

GTC

Mary Martha.

This is the syntax remaining after an "edit" ?

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

so these idiots who keep saying Paul is a conservative and everybody else is a liberal are just bleating Paulie delusions, not reality.

that's a new tact, take a history of votes and claim that because they agree on 90% of them there isn't much difference between him and the other candidates

however there are a couple of problems with that take

1. that argument makes it hard to claim he is a kook or leftist and
2.that 10% difference like supporting bailouts, wars, the patriot act, etc is the real crux of the issues that one has to determine what being a conservative is really about.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

that's a new tact, take a history of votes and claim that because they agree on 90% of them there isn't much difference between him and the other candidates

however there are a couple of problems with that take

1. that argument makes it hard to claim he is a kook or leftist and
2.that 10% difference like supporting bailouts, wars, the patriot act, etc is the real crux of the issues that one has to determine what being a conservative is really about.

he's not a leftist, but his best friends like Kucinic and McKinney certainly are. and they join in his kookier votes which most conservatives don't.

it is a a trait of cults to claim secret superior knowledge....how else to explain the fact that everybody else disagrees.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by add

GTC

Mary Martha.

This is the syntax remaining after an "edit" ?

laugh

No, ....a valid question, given your fanatical ranting, Mister.

and most folks here know EXACTLY what I just said,....

"Mary Martha",....? did you start saying that kinda' chit after putting on your little sachet ?

Careful there, might not be a bad time to take it off,....lay it over on your RP altar for a week or so. I'm sure if you keep a candle burning, he'll forgive you. That, and send more money.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and they join in his kookier votes which most conservatives don't.

most conservatives voted to extend the patriot act and supported the NDAA

The term conservative ain't what it used to be.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/30/11.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/30/11.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
see the 26,387 prior posts on the PA....too late to reiterate all those arguments, except to say....again....there's not a soul on this forum that can point to a single thing the PA has changed in his life.

except to give some an excuse to burn perfectly good electrons.

which is exactly why its been passed, and repassed, with huge majorities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there's not a soul on this forum that can point to a single thing the PA has changed in his life.

oh I'd say its affected peoples lives in ways they don't immediately notice, like lowering the standards for surveillance and opening up the full brunt of modern technology to profile and eavesdrop on them.

We've seen a number of justifications to increased intelligence gathering from service providers as well as the dumping of money into crawler programs, email receptors and trigger programs. Not to mention a level of cooperation unheard of in terms of companies like cell phone and internet providers storing and turning over records they never intended to or were required to provide in the past.

Matter of fact, I would be surprised if this forum hasn't had some level of review due to the number of anti-government comments and common core of firearm owners who own multiple weapons and are well versed on their use. You think every IP address that hits this site is from the western hemisphere?

That isn't paranoia on my part, that's just a reality of daily life post patriot act. Whether the actions are specific to the wording in the act or the act itself sets a tone for government infringement really makes no difference. The new way of thinking touches all of us.

I'd also argue that the support the Patriot act has received has made it "gateway" legislation to allow more dangerous infringements such as the NDAA we are hearing about now.

So changing your daily life is subjective. I know I for one live in much narrower lines of behavior. There are many things I wouldn't do now that I didn't think twice about prior to 9/11 , and its not because I'm concerned about terrorists, its because I'm concerned about my name appearing on a government checklist, heck, I'm not even sure I want them to know I have more than a 7 day supply of food.

Its all connected.

but since all this has been discussed before and the resolution of the board was that nothing has changed because of the Patriot Act, I'm sure I'm just a conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/30/11.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
there's not a soul on this forum that can point to a single thing the PA has changed in his life.
You can probably say the same about the average subject of Red China regarding the despotic form of government they live under. Few of them, as a percentage of the population, probably ever become actual victims of the regime. Does that fact recommend to us a Red China style of government for the US? Chances are you'd never find yourself on the wrong side of the despots, after all. That seems to be your standard.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's something very perverse about a post extolling the virtues of the Patriot Act beside an avatar of John Wayne standing in front of an American flag.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add

I didn't say anything about the other candidates. I didn't even say I didn't like Ron Paul. I think he has alot of great ideas. He's probably a great man and would make a very good president.

My point was and is....RON PAUL WILL NEVER WIN A GENERAL ELECTION FOR PRESIDENT. N-E-V-E-R. Quit kidding yourselves and move along. FUGGEDABOUTIT already.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 35 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,235
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.