Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Shortgrub
Happy New Year to one and all. May this year treat us better than last.

Shortgrub

Well said and my sentiments exactly. Been a rough year for many on this forum. My regards to all with wishes for peace,love and prosperity in this new year.
John

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Happy New Years, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
C
C
I hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous new year! I've enjoyed my first few months by the fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy New Years, guys!!! It will soon be 10 years for several of us here on the Forum. Looking forwards to another year of learning. smile

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Rick99
Happy New Years, guys!!! It will soon be 10 years for several of us here on the Forum. Looking forwards to another year of learning. smile

Happy New Years from me as well!!! It will be 9 years for me this summer - my how time speeds by eek

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A Joyous and Prosperous New Year to All!

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many years before the 24 HC'fire did we meet up online...was on the gun and knife forum? Seems we were there for years...then got rooted out to some hole in the wall place for a very short period of time...then Rick found this place.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy New Year guys. Wishing you all a prosperous 2012.

[Linked Image]

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jed 1899
How many years before the 24 HC'fire did we meet up online...was on the gun and knife forum? Seems we were there for years...then got rooted out to some hole in the wall place for a very short period of time...then Rick found this place.

I am a short timer compared to some of you guys smile I recall several of you used to talk about the old gun and knife forum - maybe I was still in high school then? wink

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jed 1899

With some digging I could get close to a founding date but I recall going back and forth on the G&K forum in the '90s. Seems like there was about 20 of us back then just enjoyin' each other's company for the most part. Wasn't RAM over there too??

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy New Year to all
Hard to think it's been 10 years on the campfire. I was a late starter on the G&K site, disappeared 1 day but lucky Rick emailed me the new forum site so I was back up and learning
Still my nightly check in
There has been so much Knowledge pass over these pages in the last 10 years it is mind boggling. I just wish I could view as many Savages as the rest of you for it all to sink in
I include an email my hunting mate sent

It is a slow day in Pelekas, a little village in Corfu.

Today, it is autumn. The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the village, stops at the local hotel and lays a �100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one room in which to spend the night.

The owner gives him some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the �100 note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the �100 note and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the �100 note and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.

The guy at the Farmers' Co-op takes the �100 note and runs to pay his drinks bill at the taverna.

The bar owner slips the money along to the local prostitute drinking at the bar, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer him "services" on credit.

The hooker then rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill to the hotel owner with the �100 note.

The hotel proprietor then places the �100 note back on the counter so the rich German will not suspect anything.

At that moment the German comes down the stairs, picks up the �100 note, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything.

However, the whole village is now out of debt and looking to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how a bailout package works.

Cheers From Down Under

One in the hand is better than two in the bush

Graham
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Happy New Year to all. Just got back from another long weekend. This place is definitely my Internet anchor!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Happy NEW YEAR to all, also! Just got back home myself. To 12 inchs snow in driveway. But only 1st time this winter to fire up snowblower so not too bad so far....
Everyone have a great 2012!

Bruce
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy New Year to all. Just got off work this morning and finally got around to checking in. Hope this year is better than last for all of us.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jed, I think the Gun & Knife forum set up a Savage site around 2000. RAM was the first to sign in and I was second. That site folded without notice early 2002. Some moved to Gun and Game but the next day they changed the Forum layout which no one liked. Some of the members moved here as well as one or two other sites. I asked Rick Bin if he would set up a Savage Forum here on the "24" which he did. We tried to get the word out to the old group but it was hard as few of us knew each other at that time outside of the internet.

We have had good and bad times, lots of members have joined only to drift off but the core is still here...learning, teaching and having a good time! grin

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I remember being on the other forum for a short while, then everthing was screwed up for a bit ,then we landed here, i guess i was a "LURKER" for a while reading good info ,and realizing at the time how little i really new about savages !!! crazy crazy I have met a lot really ,good people here,but this PLASTIC box still drives me nuts sometime !!!! crazy crazy grin grin Don

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy New Year guys. Your the best & I really enjoy learning from ya all.
Duncan

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Happy New year to all..... I have enjoyed all the information and the light hearted banter. great bunch of guys....almost like deer camp.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.