Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Here's more information concerning Ford and ownership of other car companies.
During the 1990s, Ford Motor Company bought Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin.

Yep and Volvo is worse off then before Ford bought them. Jaguar ,Land Rover are now made in China and run by an Indian company. Aston Martin is non relevant. Not good examples that you cited.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
2000 mile report on the 2011 f150 I bought. 5.0 4wd 3.73 trailer tow pack reg cab. Averaging anywhere from 17-21mpg depending on the mood and getting 0-60 times in the mid 6 second range.. laugh I have all 3 makes in the driveway. 2008 Ram and a 2000 Silverado. Ive been happy with all of them... but when I bought this Ford.. the bailouts were taken into consideration.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Here's more information concerning Ford and ownership of other car companies.
During the 1990s, Ford Motor Company bought Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin.

Yep and Volvo is worse off then before Ford bought them. Jaguar ,Land Rover are now made in China and run by an Indian company. Aston Martin is non relevant. Not good examples that you cited.

Perhaps you should do some research before you make such statements. The information about the other car companies was to show that Ford had varied investments in different markets.

Ford sold Aston Martin in 2007. Ford sold Jaguar and Land Rover in 2008. Ford sold Volvo in 2010. Whatever happens to any of these companies today has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company.
So, what's your point?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that you drive a rice burner or one of obama's bailout specials.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
MIVHNTR

How much of the Ford F-150 pickup has roots in Mexico?

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It's public knowledge and a quick internet search will answer all of your questions. Ford has manufacturing/assembly plants worldwide. Ford is headquartered in Dearborn, MI USA.

Ford Motor Company World Headquarters
1 American Road
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126-2798
United States

A quick search also shows that you are a toyota apologist. It's no wonder you attempt to disparage an American company. Your "truck" company is headquartered in Japan.

toyota motor corporation
Company Address
Head Office 1 Toyota-Cho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture 471-8571, Japan

FJB Let's Go Brandon
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Your "truck" company is headquartered here.

toyota motor corporation
Company Address

So you are saying you are cool with "Your" truck's company having a Michigan address and a "Made in Mexico" sticker on it?

BTW, I am cool with "my" truck's company address in Japan with a "Made in the USA" sticker.

It's tough to buy "Made in the USA" anymore. I even bought a Snap-on multi tool the other day that turned out to be made in China. mad

I'm happy to say my truck helped put money in the pocket of U.S. workers. smile

Ford no doubt builds good trucks, but so does Toyota.

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Idared

toyota motor corporation
Company Address

So you are saying you are cool with "Your" truck's company having a Michigan address and a "Made in Mexico" sticker on it?

BTW, I am cool with "my" truck's company address in Japan with a "Made in the USA" sticker.

It's tough to buy "Made in the USA" anymore. I even bought a Snap-on multi tool the other day that turned out to be made in China. mad

I'll support an American company before I would support any foreign company. It takes more than a label printed in a foreign country that says "Made in the USA" to convince me that the vehicle is an American product.

Here we go with a basic economics lesson again.
Ford is an American company and the money stays in the USA.

toyota is a Japanese company. The money goes to Japan. This contributes to the trade deficit and this makes you happy?
Some people just don't get it.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

toyota motor corporation
Company Address

Here we go with a basic economics lesson again.
Ford is an American company and the money stays in the USA.

toyota is a Japanese company. The money goes to Japan. This contributes to the trade deficit and this makes you happy?
Some people just don't get it.

I dont have a dog in this fight, But the way I see it. Fords' corperate offices are here in the USA, but the $ doesn't stay here cause they do have to pay the corperations in Mexico (or wherever else they have things built for them) or they wouldn't do the work for them. Toyota actually pays more American employees to build their stuff here. So why is one better than the other? Personally I like the fact that toyota is employing the woeking class here, where as ford is paying the big wigs here and the working class in Mexico. YMMV.

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rrogers

I dont have a dog in this fight, But the way I see it. Fords' corperate offices are here in the USA, but the $ doesn't stay here cause they do have to pay the corperations in Mexico (or wherever else they have things built for them) or they wouldn't do the work for them. Toyota actually pays more American employees to build their stuff here. So why is one better than the other? Personally I like the fact that toyota is employing the woeking class here, where as ford is paying the big wigs here and the working class in Mexico. YMMV.

It's obvious where your loyalties lie.

Again, some people just don't get it.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm cool with my truck having a US address and a made in US sticker on it, so there wink

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

It's obvious you like the above statement. Well, that line of thinking is exactley what helped countries outside the U.S. get a foothold in the auto and truck market, among other things, in this country. Rather than keep up with the competition, and build better products, some companies just bragged about being an American company, insinuating that made them better, regardless of how bad their products were. They practically invited countries outside our borders to come and sell here. Well, it bit them big time and they will pay for that forever.

I am on record here for saying I think it is much harder to buy a bad pickup in today's world than a good one. I also don't like the way the bailouts went so that leaves two brands I MYSELF won't buy. Other people's mileage may vary and I accept that. Choosing from what is left will not be decided on whether it is "an American company" but rather what I feel is the best truck for me. Brand loyalty means nothing to me as I have had a slew of different brands of autos and trucks over the last fifty years. Most were pretty good, some just fair, a very few were terrible for one reason or another. Today if they all seem equal I will try to choose what helped the American worker the most.

To sum it up, when you despise a vehicle made by a company located outside the U.S. just remember "YOUR" company helped let them get established here by building products less desireable than their's years ago. Do you get that?

Larry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah right. Just look at all those less desirable vehicles from back when the U.S. dominated auto sales worldwide changing hands at Barret Jackson each January for six figures.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

It's obvious you like the above statement. Well, that line of thinking is exactley what helped countries outside the U.S. get a foothold in the auto and truck market, among other things, in this country. Rather than keep up with the competition, and build better products, some companies just bragged about being an American company, insinuating that made them better, regardless of how bad their products were. They practically invited countries outside our borders to come and sell here. Well, it bit them big time and they will pay for that forever.

I am on record here for saying I think it is much harder to buy a bad pickup in today's world than a good one. I also don't like the way the bailouts went so that leaves two brands I MYSELF won't buy. Other people's mileage may vary and I accept that. Choosing from what is left will not be decided on whether it is "an American company" but rather what I feel is the best truck for me. Brand loyalty means nothing to me as I have had a slew of different brands of autos and trucks over the last fifty years. Most were pretty good, some just fair, a very few were terrible for one reason or another. Today if they all seem equal I will try to choose what helped the American worker the most.

To sum it up, when you despise a vehicle made by a company located outside the U.S. just remember "YOUR" company helped let them get established here by building products less desireable than their's years ago. Do you get that?

It is this gross misconception that the foreign vehicles are in some way superior that allowed foreign companies to sell their products in the USA. This is proof that some people can't think on their own two feet to form their own opinion.
Instead, they just spew out the garbage that they are spoon fed. Then, they can twist and turn things any way that they want to justify their actions.

So yes, some people just do not get it. Your rambling post just verifies this.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Less desirable product? Quick, name 10 innovations the Japanese have brought to the car and truck market. Go!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Appears you want a light duty truck, that won't be hauling much or traveling a lot on POS roads ? If so really no choice but an F 150. Had several, and they were all good light duty trucks.

If tough conditions, heavy hauling and 500,000 miles is just broken in, it's a different world. The word is C-U-M-M-I-N-S.

Jap innovations ? Drifting racing.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by walt501
Less desirable product? Quick, name 10 innovations the Japanese have brought to the car and truck market. Go!

Inovations don't necessarily drive vehicle sales. There are many other things that cause Mr. or Mrs. customer to favor one product over another. Reliability is a big one. It's up to the automotive companies to listen and respond. For starters why did two of the big three in the U.S. need to be bailed out. It sure wasn't because they sold too many vehicles was it? Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes. And don't try to pawn it off on the "people are stupid" theory. Remember the phrase, "The customer is always right". The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere.

Ford to their credit held on without needing bailout money. I commend them for that. But, I still like their competitor's truck better so that's what I bought even though it cost more money. Obviously you don't agree and that is your privelege. But if you think a vehicle made in the United States with a foreign companies name on it is automatically inferior to one with an American name on it you are only fooling yourself. It's thinking like that that allowed the foreign companies to get their foot in the door to begin with.

Larry
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by interthem

If tough conditions, heavy hauling and 500,000 miles is just broken in, it's a different world. The word is C-U-M-M-I-N-S.

Jap innovations ? Drifting racing.

Or some would say Duramax which the word is I-S-U-Z-U. laugh

You are right, I don't need something for heavy hauling on POS roads. I'll venture to say that the greatest majority of the posters here don't either.

I do know I can drive on some pretty bad roads with my truck and not tear it up. That's good enough for me, I'm happy. smile

Larry
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Inovations don't necessarily drive vehicle sales. There are many other things that cause Mr. or Mrs. customer to favor one product over another. Reliability is a big one. It's up to the automotive companies to listen and respond. For starters why did two of the big three in the U.S. need to be bailed out. It sure wasn't because they sold too many vehicles was it? Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes. And don't try to pawn it off on the "people are stupid" theory. Remember the phrase, "The customer is always right". The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere.

Ford to their credit held on without needing bailout money. I commend them for that. But, I still like their competitor's truck better so that's what I bought even though it cost more money. Obviously you don't agree and that is your privelege. But if you think a vehicle made in the United States with a foreign companies name on it is automatically inferior to one with an American name on it you are only fooling yourself. It's thinking like that that allowed the foreign companies to get their foot in the door to begin with.

Since YOU brought up companies that needed to be bailed out because "Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes." and "The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere."

Here's some news for you.
YOUR company, toyota, got bailed out by the Japanese government. How could this have happened? Especially since you've posted this insightful pile of BS: "I will say that from what I have observed the Tundra 5.7 will out pull any half ton truck with a gas engine on the road." Evidently, more than a few people disagree with your astute observation and find the toyota to be lacking.

You can talk about others being fooled, but you're the one that has been fooled. Big time. To make it even more laughable, you even admitted to paying more money to do it. P. T. Barnum sure had this one right.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

If they are building vehicles nobody wants, riddle me this. Why has GM attained #1 auto maker in the world for 2011? You may say that Toyota had it the past few years, but combined over time, GM has sold more vehicles than Toyota ever has. So your theory that they are building products that are not desireable does not hold water.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bunch of people have really stupid ideas about this stuff. It's bad when any company goes under no matter who it is. The employees, the suppliers, people being supplied, everyone gets hurt. If one of the big 3 went down it would hurt the economy big time. Hundreds of thousands of people get their livelihood from GM. Terrible union agreements were strangling the company. And idiots are saying they won't buy GM because of govt. money? Some years back Chrysler was bailed out. Funny how some people love to brag on Ford not receiving any Govt. funding......they received plenty before the "bailout" and are still getting it, only under a different name. Do some checking, it's easy to find.

And this...

It's obvious where your loyalties lie.

The pot calling the kettle black.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,100
Posts18,483,097
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.