Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR

Here's some news for you.
YOUR company, toyota, got bailed out by the Japanese government. How could this have happened?

Did this cost the U.S. taxpayer anything?

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I couldn't care less if the Japs bailed out the company. They did it with Jap $.

Last edited by tzone; 01/31/12.

Camp is where you make it.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by tzone
I couldn't care less if hte Japs bailed out the company. They did it with Jap $.

+1000

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ackman
A bunch of people have really stupid ideas about this stuff. It's bad when any company goes under no matter who it is. The employees, the suppliers, people being supplied, everyone gets hurt. If one of the big 3 went down it would hurt the economy big time. Hundreds of thousands of people get their livelihood from GM. Terrible union agreements were strangling the company. And idiots are saying they won't buy GM because of govt. money? Some years back Chrysler was bailed out. Funny how some people love to brag on Ford not receiving any Govt. funding......they received plenty before the "bailout" and are still getting it, only under a different name. Do some checking, it's easy to find.

And this...

It's obvious where your loyalties lie.
Again, some people just don't get it.

The pot calling the kettle black.

What a bunch of BS. Is this mr. goodwrench, aka the guy in Washington, D.C.? A government motors apologist trying to turn things to suit themselves.

You do some checking yourself. There's a big difference in paying off the unions and lying about paying the money back like gm did. gm still owes over $26 Billion and chrysler still owes over $2 billion. The taxpayer will never see a return on this government "investment".

From the NY Times. Tuesday Jan. 31, 2012:
"The Ford Motor Company, founded in 1903 by Henry Ford, is one of the largest auto makers in the world.

During a time of crisis throughout the auto industry in recent years, Ford emerged as the sole American automaker in a position to survive the steepest sales downturn in decades without a government bailout. That helped the company improve its reputation and win new customers.

Ford passed Toyota as the No. 2 seller in the United States in 2010."

"Ford�s current strength stems from what was a literal bet-the-company decision in 2006 to borrow $23.6 billion, putting even the company�s fabled blue logo up as collateral. That money helped Ford move more quickly than General Motors or Chrysler to bring out new lines of more fuel-efficient vehicles, and, more crucially, provided a cash cushion when the car market tanked along with the economy in late 2008. Ford also shifted its strategy to focus on its core brands and has sold off luxury brands, including Jaguar and Land Rover to the Tata Group of India for $2.3 billion in 2009. In March 2010, Ford reached an agreement to sell its Volvo subsidiary to a Chinese conglomerate."

Further, while Ford BORROWED money, it was all paid back. With interest. In the meantime gm and chrysler also borrowed money AND took bailout cash. We all know how that repayment went.

Another research article.
"Fellow Ford spokeswoman Christin Baker this week pointed out that Ford reported its participation in the CPFF in its public SEC filings. She also said Ford participated in the Federal Reserve's Term Asset-Backed Security Loan Facility, noting that "these two programs addressed systematic failure in the credit markets, and that neither program was designed for a particular company, or even a particular industry.

"Ford was a fractional participant in both of these credit programs, and the federal government made healthy returns on all of these limited transactions."

Bottom line? Yes, Ford's credit arm participated in a federal program meant to free up short-term lending at a time when very few investors were spending. It's no secret."

From a bit more research and a different resource.
"automotive lending companies got the most help, and leading the way was Ford Credit, which borrowed $15.9 billion. GMAC, GM�s financing arm which provided auto loans beyond the GM family of vehicles, took $13.9 billion. BMW took $6.2 billion. Chrysler $4.9 billion and Toyota $4.6 billion.

The GM and Chrysler loans were completely separate from those two companies� government-financed bankruptcies. We realize the two transactions are quite different, and this loan was not a bailout. All of this aid (Ford Motor Company) has since been repaid with interest to the government."

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Idared

YOUR company, toyota, got bailed out by the Japanese government. How could this have happened?

The point that was made (and went right over quite a few peoples heads BTW) is that you associated the US auto makers bailout with US made vehicles that were sub-standard to toyota. Following your twisted train of thought, toyota got bailed out because their vehicles are sub-standard to other vehicles.

I could care less that the Japanese goverment bailed toyota out. After all, I didn't support toyota to start with. You can't say the same.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What a bunch of BS. Is this mr. goodwrench, aka the guy in Washington, D.C.?

No this isn't mr. goodwrench or some guy in Washington. And your kind of BS gets tiresome. You must be mr. sh#tforbrains, aka the ford guy in MI.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

No this isn't mr. goodwrench or some guy in Washington. And your kind of BS gets tiresome. You must be mr. sh#tforbrains, aka the ford guy in MI.

Great reply. It just makes you look even more foolish than you already are. The truth must really hurt. So much for your research smart guy.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Great reply. It just makes you look even more foolish than you already are. The truth must really hurt. So much for your research smart guy.

Yeah right. GM and Chrysler are bad for staying afloat. Ford also has a lot of taxpayer money but they're golden because you're mr. fordguy. Two huge corporations going under would affect millions of people. Taxpayers who wouldn't be paying, consumers who wouldn't be consuming. But don't buy from either company because they did what they had to do. You stupid jerkoff.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Okay, lets do it your way. Tell me why Toyota has managed to sell so many vehicles in the U.S. in the last few years? Tell me why the Tacoma sells so well and the Ranger is all but dead? Why does the Camry sell so well. Why do folks want to buy a Prius? Why do the 4-Runners sell as well as they do?

And please, lets not go to the "People are stupid and don't know any better". There has to be a reason. What is it?

To the original person who started this thread I apologize for getting so far off topic. It was not my intention to derail it as bad as has happened.

Larry
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
*** You are ignoring this user ***

There is no sense in carrying on this one sided discussion with these two rocket scientists anymore. I learned a long time ago that you can't fix stupid.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There is no sense in carrying on this one sided discussion with these two rocket scientists anymore. I learned a long time ago that you can't fix stupid.

I agree as it is obvious you've failed to fix yourself.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What have the U.S. taxpayers shelled out to protect the Japanese home islands for the past 67 years? I'm guessing it is in the trillions of dollars. The money the Japanese government should have spent on their own defense instead was used to prop up their industry so they could wage economic imperialism against United States industry.

Last edited by walt501; 01/31/12.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

And please, lets not go to the "People are stupid and don't know any better".

I learned a long time ago that you can't fix stupid.

Why was that answer so predictable? smile

Larry
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by walt501

What have the U.S. taxpayers shelled out to protect the Japanese home islands for the past 67 years? I'm guessing it is in the trillions of dollars. The money the Japanese government should have spent on their own defense instead was used to prop up their industry so they could wage economic imperialism against United States industry.

Walt

I won't argue that point at all with you, you are right on the money. They should never have been given so much help to rebuild after being the one to start the war.

However you can't take away the fact they learned to build quality products regardless of what it was. Early Japanese products I remember were largely junk but they got better at the U.S. expense. I would have never guessed so many brands that were always made in the U.S. would be made elsewhere including Japan.

Larry
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

IIRC, there was a member here extolling the virtues of his toyota tundra for quite some time. He finally let the cat out of the bag and told of all of the problems with it and that he had sold it. I believe that he went to Ford and bought a truck.

Yep. Now I'm pretty sure he has a Ram and mentioned getting a new one.

I've had great luck with my '07 Ram, not a problem to date. I've owned GM, Ford, Jeep's too. Had the most serious issues with my Fords. A few issues here and there on the others but nothing major.

Never owned a Toyota so I can't speak on their behalf. Drive as many different truck and models as you can and go with the one you're most comfortable with.

Good luck NYH1.

Last edited by NYH1; 02/01/12.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK

The third, and final, stooge arrives. Is it Larry, Curley or Moe? No disrepect meant to the original 3 Stooges. ExpatFromOK is also known as mr. ASSume.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by walt501

walt501, EXCELLENT post. However, don't confuse the apologists with too many facts. Their panties get bunched up if you do.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
With a little google research you'll find that Ford does get money from .gov. I do beleive it was paid back though.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That's pretty chickenshitt. You can't answer with facts so you ignore it...Nice.

Last edited by tzone; 02/01/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

That's pretty chickenshitt. You can't answer with facts so you ignore it...Nice.

Should be no surprise. The guy's proud of his own stupidity. Been throwing his ugly crap at others for quite awhile and chickenschitts out when it comes back on him......he's a pussy. Doesn't matter if he blocks people, he'll be sneaking looks to see what they've said.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.