-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This particular(factory) 700 trigger wouldn't adjust to my taste, so I bought myself a Shilen trigger for Christmas. Of course, you have to replace the safety from the stock trigger on the Shilen trigger. To make a long story short, it's a good thing I have other 700's to study after the springs, ball bearings and holders go flying around the room. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
HR IC

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, thanks, Pat, you talked me into taking my rifle to a 'smith when I drop a Shilen in it. I am going to try to fit my .204 with a Jewell myself, though.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
grin next time you'll know how without scattering parts

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I put the same one in over the week as well. It was pretty simple. I luckily didn't have anything go flying!

I think I like my old school tuned Rem 700 better but have to give this Shilen some range time.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How's the pull on the Shilen?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Don't let me scare you off, it's really easy! I have several Jewells, but at less than half the price....

I could almost do it with my eyes closed now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
This particular(factory) 700 trigger wouldn't adjust to my taste, so I bought myself a Shilen trigger for Christmas. Of course, you have to replace the safety from the stock trigger on the Shilen trigger. To make a long story short, it's a good thing I have other 700's to study after the springs, ball bearings and holders go flying around the room. smile

Pat, was the sear and poundage AOK from Shilen? I am about to buy at least one of them in SS .

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Perfect, preset at 1.5lbs. I didn't have to change a thing. They come highly recommended, and I see why.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any experience with a Timney? How do they compare?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No experience with Timney.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Perfect, preset at 1.5lbs. I didn't have to change a thing. They come highly recommended, and I see why.

Good to know. Thanks

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have several Jewells, but at less than half the price....

That kind of talk is liable to get you shot around here! shocked

(FWIW, I agree with you 100% wink )

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Any experience with a Timney? How do they compare?
I've installed several Timneys and they're very good.. I'd like to try a Shilen at some point so I can observe and compare..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have both and prefer the Shilen.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't let me scare you off, it's really easy! I have several Jewells, but at less than half the price....

I could almost do it with my eyes closed now.

Yeah, there's the price thing, but I only have one HB vermin rifle that I'm going to replace the trigger on... as of now, that is, you know how rifles sometime multiply. Lots of Sporters I want to re-trigger, so I'll probably give a try to Timney, but Steelie has me pretty much sold on Shilens.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Wow! You work on stuff like I do. The only way to fully understand how things work is to have all of the parts fly everywhere and have to put it all back together. I do that at work, too.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

That sounds very much like my own experience. Having said that, the Shilen is a very nice trigger once installed. As for the problem of chasing parts I've gotten to be more careful. I've also gotten a piece of flexible magnetic sign like people put on cars to use as a work mat. That makes things easier too.

"Hail to the King, Baby!"
Ash, Army of Darkness
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Timney's web site has instructions for removing M700 trigger and installing a Timney. Timney is available with safety already installed, or w/o and their instructions show how to take off the Remington safety and install on the Timney.

Probably worth reading the instructions thru before doing anything. A new Timney has keeper pins that get driven out while driving in the original pins during installation. They warn not to remove the keepers ahead of time. I guess the keepers could be saved and put back in, if the Timney is removed.

Last edited by Marlin1895; 01/03/12.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, well...Brownell's has a video for the Shilen trigger. I probably should have watched it BEFORE I started trying to find the parts. Luckily, I've got tile floors. smile The magnetic sign is a great idea!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.