wsmnut

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Is it out yet? I just viewed their website, its not listed, not even in their "What's New" lineup.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It is out, their website has not been updated

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can read the write up on Cabela's site:

http://www.cabelas.com/riflescopes-leupold-vx-6-riflescopes.shtml

Built rugged to handle extreme hunting conditions, the VX-6 also raises the bar for optical excellence in a feature-loaded scope at a price that represents outstanding value. Its powerful 6:1 zoom ratio delivers clear edge-to-edge images across the entire magnification range. From close-in shots on dangerous game to long shots on the open plains, there�s no image degradation in any light. The Twin Bias Spring Erector System� has up to 30% more holding force than lesser scopes, allowing the VX-6 to withstand abuse and still hold zero. A pop-up re-zero CDS� dial system matches your shot to specific ranges, ballistics and environments and then lets you return effortlessly to zero. Waterproof and fogproof with unsurpassed scratch resistance that exceeds military standards. Eco-friendly lead- and arsenic-free glass lenses.

-----------
It isn't mentioned but with a weight of 1 lb 1.5 oz the 2-12 x 42, must have a 30 mm scope body.

The last sentence is strange. Should I care about lead and arsenic free glass?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
SWFA lists them with 30mm body

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
to me the most interesting thing is apparently at shot show they are going to introduce a 3-18 model in both 40 and 50 mm, my hope is that this scope can be customized with reticle and turret options that are also currently offered. TMR reticle and M1 or target turrets that could be added later. I do know they are going to offer it in CDS at least, if they figured out a way to get about 24-25 moa in one turn on a CDS unit I would be all over that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Leupold claims 120 MOA (100 yds) adjustment range, as compared to 58 MOA for VX3 CDS. I'm ignorant on this. Does this sound right to you guys?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/76...0mm-tube-2-12x-42mm-duplex-reticle-matte

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/06/12.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no that does not sound right, leupold is introducing quite a few 34 and 35 mm tubed scopes. that level of adjustment is typical of those larger tubes. I would suspect they got it confused with those model. BTW I think the trend to offer 34 and 35mm scopes is dumb. its to satisfy the tactical market that doesn't even need that level of adjustment. BTW if coupled with a 20 moa base, the extra adjustment offered by the 34 mm scopes only gives me barely 200 yards extra elevation, basically takes me from 1700 is to 1900 ish yards. both distances I have never shot to.

W
wsmnut Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Nice discussion, but interesting in that no one has one of these scopes to play with.

wsmnut

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Leupold claims 120 MOA (100 yds) adjustment range, as compared to 58 MOA for VX3 CDS. I'm ignorant on this. Does this sound right to you guys?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/76...0mm-tube-2-12x-42mm-duplex-reticle-matte

Leupolds VX3 4.5x14LR has 116 MOA adjustment there boyh 30mm tubes!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
to me the most interesting thing is apparently at shot show they are going to introduce a 3-18 model in both 40 and 50 mm, my hope is that this scope can be customized with reticle and turret options that are also currently offered. TMR reticle and M1 or target turrets that could be added later. I do know they are going to offer it in CDS at least, if they figured out a way to get about 24-25 moa in one turn on a CDS unit I would be all over that.

Leupold introduced the VX-6 at the 2011 SHOT Show and it took them forever to even begin distribution. I have yet to see one at a retail location; on-line yes, but not on the store. What makes you think that we'd have a chance at seeing, holding or buying a 3-18x, 40 or 50mm, before the 2013 SHOT Show? Leupolds R&D, marketing and sales departments need to get on the same page.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The Twin Bias Spring Erector System� "

Hallelujah Amen.

Im totally sure now that the ongoing erector problems are fixed forever. wink

Looks like there add department got a real work out on this one.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
don't you ever get tired of spewing bile?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How is it that Leupy is still used in BR, F class, long and short range hunting, the armed forces, and a million other things with ALLL of their "erector problems"?! Jeeeeeez, go shoot.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TannerGun
How is it that Leupy is still used in BR, F class, long and short range hunting, the armed forces, and a million other things with ALLL of their "erector problems"?! Jeeeeeez, go shoot.

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I plan to be all over these VX-6�s. I�ve been putting together an extensive �retirement battery� over the last few years. I�ve got all the rifles I�ll need, but I�m several scopes short. I�ve been ponying up for used Swaro Z6i�s since up until now that was the only way to get all the features I wanted. I know that at less than half the price, these Leupolds won�t hold a candle to the Swaro glass. But at age 57, my eyes may no longer be able to tell the difference. Provided the right illuminated reticles are offered, I will probably end up with two 2-12x and one 3-18x. If I have to wait a year or two, that�s OK now that I know they are coming. I was just about to pull the trigger on another used Z6i when I heard the VX-6�s were coming out.

Brazos Jack

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Leupold introduced the VX-6 at the 2011 SHOT Show and it took them forever to even begin distribution. I have yet to see one at a retail location; on-line yes, but not on the store. What makes you think that we'd have a chance at seeing, holding or buying a 3-18x, 40 or 50mm, before the 2013 SHOT Show? Leupolds R&D, marketing and sales departments need to get on the same page.

WiFowler,
You might want to talk to your dealer about lack of availability of these VX-6's as I live near a very small town here in the central interior of B.C. and handled a VX-6, 2-12 yesterday at the local sportshop..
I like the features..
It would make a great scope for LR hunting..
However I am looking for all around light weight scopes for the light weight rifles I prefer..
Looks like a new VX-2 in 2-7 might be that scope..

Last edited by Nrut; 01/08/12.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by TannerGun

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper.
haha, gracias... Just seems a little ridiculous when you consider their success.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nrut, got a question about the turrets on that. Do the windage and elevation dials pop up? Does the elevation turret have an MOA dial included, like the other CDS compatible leupolds? Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nrut, got a question about the turrets on that. Do the windage and elevation dials pop up? Does the elevation turret have an MOA dial included, like the other CDS compatible leupolds? Thanks.

Just had the elevation cap off and yes you could pop/pull up the turret to reset your zero..
The dial was MOA and had quite a bit more elevation per revolution than the VXII scope he had out for comparison..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 1moredeer, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,800
Posts18,516,252
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.