Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey rockchuck... Win some & lose some,
but it was still a great game.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeez! All this for a wildcard game for the also-rans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last week I heard over and over again how Dick Lebeau was a defensive genius and that would be the real difference in the game.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotload
Hey rockchuck... Win some & lose some,
but it was still a great game.

It was a good game. Lots of Monday morning quarterbacks out there, but the truth is that Tebow and the Broncos played well and won.

Our offense did reasonably well with a banged up O line and an hobbled QB (regardless of what you think of him). The defense was ultimately what lost the game for us. Failure to make big plays when needed.

Stush
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It was a fantastic game, thrilling even.

Add to that 'Tebowmania' and the Tebow haters, it makes it extremely interesting and fun.

I 'suspect' Denver will get a dose of reality next week, but man I don't think I can bet against this kid. I thought they'd get blown out yesterday. Didn't happen.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

I 'suspect' Denver will get a dose of reality next week, but man I don't think I can bet against this kid. I thought they'd get blown out yesterday. Didn't happen.

I agree, the Pats game will be tuff... love it. laugh

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the hell happened to that vaunted Pittsburgh defense? They were bascially already picked to beat Denver and to go into New England and beat them too. I'm not a Tebow fanboy but you gotta give the guy some credit, he played a helluva game last night with no turnovers and he threw some pretty accurate passes. Looking forward to a rematch against New England and seeing what BB has in store for them this time.

Saints will have their hands full in San Francisco and so will the Packers, even with Rodgers back behind center.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am glad some one is a Stealer fan, for I am sure not, glad they got beat by Tebow and his posse.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You have this habit of jumping to conclusions.

The steroid comment was in reference to the high esteem given by some to the Steelers of the 70s. Nothing more.

Then you are willing to accept that "claiming" to be raped is the same as proving you were. Jury duty certainly would not be one of your better chosen advocations.
Where does it stop? Does looking hard eventually get one accused of rape?

A recent example from work. Young gal kept sending a young Buck texts of what she wanted to do to him. Finally he said OK and then said see ya. She didn't take it kindly and made up some lies about what he said and took him to human resources. He got called in on it, at which time he told the truth. Things were not going all that well until he volunteered her texts messages to him. She cracked and he is still here and she is gone.

When you have a big name recognition along with money you are a target. Ben didn't recognize such and placed himself in danger. Foolish, but the rape charge never was proven. Until then that is the reality.

Addition: Disgusting and inexcusable is accusing someone of rape, that you can't prove did so. wink Now if you personally have something the courts may be interested in-other than news reports-well you get it.

Last edited by battue; 01/09/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steelers suck

at least you have a towel to dry the tears

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Steelers suck

smile smile smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler fan since 1974,

More than any other team I associate the stealers with cheating..
I remember watching the '79 AFC championship game when the oilers scored a touchdown that would have tied the game and the referees huddled and said the receiver (Mike Renfro) didn't have control.
He clearly had complete control with his feet touching down 3 times before going out the back of end zone.
And Knoll's terams got away with a lot of dirty play. Like a stealer throwing a rolling body block into the knees of Mike Barber fully five seconds after the whistle when he was walking back o the huddle, no flags...
They must have paid a lot of money to the officials to get to those Chuck Knoll superbowls. Cheated wins are for zeros.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Terrible. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Bum" never could kick down that door.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd be even more embarrassed that the Steeler's owners/family love them some Obama. Damn union town.

Dan Rooney is a real POS. I would be embarrassed to be in the same city with him.

Go Giants!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler fan since 1974,

More than any other team I associate the stealers with cheating..
I remember watching the '79 AFC championship game when the oilers scored a touchdown that would have tied the game and the referees huddled and said the receiver (Mike Renfro) didn't have control.
He clearly had complete control with his feet touching down 3 times before going out the back of end zone.
And Knoll's terams got away with a lot of dirty play. Like a stealer throwing a rolling body block into the knees of Mike Barber fully five seconds after the whistle when he was walking back o the huddle, no flags...
They must have paid a lot of money to the officials to get to those Chuck Knoll superbowls. Cheated wins are for zeros.

Plenty of gifts fron the refs to the Steelers in yesterday's game too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It could have been worse. Four face mask no calls and a quick whistle on a backward pass fumble.

Some of the worst officiating I've seen in 40 some years of watching football. I saw at least 10 holds along the line by both teams and I don't think there was a hold called all game.

Last edited by jackfish; 01/09/12.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steelers suck

lol

I'm a huge Steeler fan and not too happy with yesterday's result but that was one fine insult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rrroae
Steelers suck

lol

I'm a huge Steeler fan and not too happy with yesterday's result but that was one fine insult.

I was thinking the same here, rrroae. lol

Not sure why some (talking about the locals here) get so wrapped up in the outcomes of the games. I like to see "my" teams win, but there can only ever be one winning team in the end. Sun still came up behind my house this morning and life seems to be moving forward.

Worst part is, I might have to pay more attention to the presidential race now. Talk about one where NO ONE is going to win in the end! smile

Stush
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stush

Worst part is, I might have to pay more attention to the presidential race now. Talk about one where NO ONE is going to win in the end! smile

lolol

I hear you brother.

At least it won't be too long before I get to watch my boy Earnhardt Jr come in 25th every race.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.