Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't trust Capers at all.
I've gotten to that point myself.. He's gotta go at the end of this season.. [/quote]

I have had my issues about McCarthy, but come on, get rid of Capers? Get serious. Have Thompson get a couple more big bodies on the d-line and you will see Claymaker tearin it up like the last couple of years. Capers is working with what he has. Be thankful we have Raji, we would be in a world of hurt without him. Lest anyone forget, the Pack is 15-1. As they say in the NFL, I am not seeing any positivity here.

Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Giants inconsistancy had better rear it's ugly head - 'cause what that defense did to Dallas, and Atlanta was of championship caliber.

GO PACK!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 338Rem

I have had my issues about McCarthy, but come on, get rid of Capers? Get serious. Have Thompson get a couple more big bodies on the d-line and you will see Claymaker tearin it up like the last couple of years. Capers is working with what he has.
I'll grant you that one..
Be thankful we have Raji, we would be in a world of hurt without him. Lest anyone forget, the Pack is 15-1.
...and got beat by a team that had NO shot to go to the playoffs unless they bought tix like the rest of us..
As they say in the NFL, I am not seeing any positivity here.

Steve
Steve - look at the numbers.. Pack has some of the highest yards/game that the opponent racks up.. Their offense has to achieve 40 points or more just to ensure a win..

They're behind on most stats with the exception of TDs, turnovers and a couple others that are only ahead by a tad..

http://www.packers.com/team/statistics.html

They allow way too many yards and big plays by the opponents.. That's why they gotta score, on average, nearly 40 pts/game to ensure a win..

Right now they're at 35/game. And if you remove that miserable KC game, the average is 36.4/game..

I'm sure this upcoming game is gonna be one for the blood-pressure pills ( laugh ) but GB better light up the offense - 'cause the D, unless the players get their act in gear, is going to give up 30+ to NY..

Last edited by Redneck; 01/10/12.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone heard if the body they found in the Fox River is Coach Philbin's son? If true it would be a huge distraction for the O coordinator. Prayers to his family if it is his son.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Have an A1 Day!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sad no doubt, and yes on a distraction for the entire team.

But McCarthy calls the plays during the game....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Prayers for the Philbin family. I hope the Pack win for one of their own families this weekend.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It'll have an extra bit of emotion, that's for sure.

This is very sad indeed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mako25
*scratchin' head

You can trace the Packers turn around to the day Capers showed up. The Pack had gone 4-12 (IIRC), were on their way to duplicating that ugly feat, Rodgers was looking like a fool (hanging on too long, and getting sacked), defense was atrociuos, and penalties on every ding-dong play. Enter Capers, and here we are.

Didn't realize Capers coached the o-line, QB's and handled penalties for McCarthy.

Off season, what do the Packers do? Bolster the offense (again), and gut the defensive line, trim the linebackers, pare the secondary, and people expect what?

With the age of Clifton - you HAD to draft OT first. Defensively, in the draft the Packers selected Davon House DB, DJ Smith LB, Ricky Elmore DL, Lawrence Guy DT. So lets not paint this like Thompson left the table bare for Dom. He ADDED to the D line after Jenkins denied the Packers a chance to match his offer from the Eagles. It wasn't that TT showed him the door - Jenkins LEFT.

So I don't see that as gutting the D-line.
Pare the secondary? How? Shields, Woodson, Tramon are all still here - just like last year. They added MD Jennings at CB, Lattimore at DB, DJ Smith at LB, and So'oto at LB.

Dom HASN'T been ignored. It's his job to put these guys in the right spots/schemes to work. He hasn't.

Capers has been here 3 years. Year one was that debacle in Arizona where they gave up what 51 points? They were sieves that year, year one so I cut him slack there. Last year was a dominate performance. This year they're right back to being a sieve with the core of the D back and guys added to it.

I'm no math major but if you suck 66% of the time - you suck.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GO PACK GO!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a feeling that NY might take this game, just a hunch.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would not bet on this game. Giants are playing some good football right now. If they play as good as they played with Dallas and Atlanta, the pack is in deep [bleep]. If they let down and spot them 14 points like they did to Dallas the first game, they are toast.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The biggest question on this game is.............which Giants team will show up?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I would not bet on this game. Giants are playing some good football right now. If they play as good as they played with Dallas and Atlanta, the pack is in deep [bleep]. If they let down and spot them 14 points like they did to Dallas the first game, they are toast.

What is the current line?

Awfully tough to bet against the Packers @ Lambeau

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the Giants pass rush shows up, it could get interesting. .02

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
The biggest question on this game is.............which Giants team will show up?
Exactly!

Are we talking the road warriors of 2007 or the choke kings who blew a 21pt lead against Philly with less than 8 minutes last year?

I love my Giants, and they can beat ANY team out there. They also can choke hardcore like no body else....

Which team shows makes ALL the difference.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't realize Capers coached the o-line, QB's and handled penalties for McCarthy.

Rodgers getting sacked seven times a game was a product of hanging on to the ball too long, evident to all, and acknowledged by Rodgers, himself - so you're quarrel isn't with me.

Oh, the offensive, and special teams penalties didn't halt. Defensive penalties reduced dramatically. Even last year, a good Packer special teams play could be judged only by the abscence of a yellow flag (much better this year). The secondary does draw a lot of flags, and will as long as they continue to play the hands-on coverage they do. I don't like, or agree with it, but when you have a future Hall of Famer (Woodson) who does prefer that technique - well, you live with it.

Defensively, in the draft the Packers selected Davon House DB, DJ Smith LB, Ricky Elmore DL, Lawrence Guy DT

Who?

Jenkins LEFT.

Best lineman the Pack had, and I suppose losing Kampman a season earlier was his "choice" as well. Barnett is also proving to be one expensive loss, he was the leader of the defense.

The Packers have chosen to build an offensive juggernaut - it's worked. It also comes at a price.

Try this, on plays where the Packers don't blitz, count. Count 'til the QB is forced to step up, roll out, or throw the ball. Then do the same for the Giants, and the 'Niners, it won't take long to become evident.

Yes, the Packer defense sucks, and would under any defensive coordinater - they don't have the linemen (ends in particular).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by teal

Rodgers getting sacked seven times a game was a product of hanging on to the ball too long, evident to all, and acknowledged by Rodgers, himself - so you're quarrel isn't with me.

Mako - I don't have a quarrel with anyone but I LIVE in Green Bay. I see more and am around more Packers info than most. YOU stated that Capers was the reason things changed.

*scratchin' head

You can trace the Packers turn around to the day Capers showed up. The Pack had gone 4-12 (IIRC), were on their way to duplicating that ugly feat, Rodgers was looking like a fool (hanging on too long, and getting sacked), defense was atrociuos, and penalties on every ding-dong play. Enter Capers, and here we are.

So Capers took care of all of that? Obviously not as he DOESN'T have anything to do with Rodgers' development.

Oh, the offensive, and special teams penalties didn't halt. Defensive penalties reduced dramatically.

Prior to the Det game - Special teams have a grand total of 9 penalties. Offense has 45 this year. WAY down. In Capers' first year here they had 118 penalties, 30 on special teams. Offensive and Special Teams penalties have come way down. Statistically odd - 100% of the PI calls on the Packers in Dom's first year came on 3rd and 4th down - keeping opponent drives alive.

Currently - 2011 GB is tied for first in least amount of penalties per game, last year they were 5th, 2009 Capers' first year they were 32nd in the league. The year before- 30th so the first year here, they got WORSE under Capers - so to speak.

Originally Posted by teal
Defensively, in the draft the Packers selected Davon House DB, DJ Smith LB, Ricky Elmore DL, Lawrence Guy DT

Who?

Wasn't about who - was about you saying Dom hasn't been given anything this year. His players came at the expense of the offense. That offensive juggernaut - other than Sherrod (IR) and Cobb - the same guys as last year. Dom got guys, guys he had input on their selection.

I suppose losing Kampman a season earlier was his "choice" as well.

Kampman made it NO secret that he didn't like the move to a 3-4 and was completely out of position in the 3-4. He got hurt and then traded. Since then he's ended each year hurt with Jacksonville. In the last 2 years he's played in 11 total games - 2 year total of 16 tackles and 4 sacks. Huge loss there....

Barnett is also proving to be one expensive loss, he was the leader of the defense.

You've already stated that last year's D was dominate. Considering Nick played all of 4 games last year, I find it hard to connect this years playing to his loss. He played only 25% of the regular season and NOTHING in the post season last year for that dominate defense. So the D was dominate by him not being there but not being there this year somehow makes them worse? Which is it?

The Packers have chosen to build an offensive juggernaut - it's worked. It also comes at a price.

Please point to me where the Packers have added all this offensive talent that wasn't there last year at the expense of defensive talent. I'll grant you Cobb/Sherrod but otherwise, no one. Given what they expected to lose (Clifton - the guy protecting the Superbowl MVP, you had to take Sherrod)

Yes, the Packer defense sucks, and would under any defensive coordinater - they don't have the linemen (ends in particular).

On that we agree but defensively they've lost Collins (doesn't play line) and Jenkins from last year. That's basically it. They've added defensive talent and it's not getting done. Hell Woodson had to call out Capers on being creative to get Clay in the game more, rather than just lining him up in the same place and letting him do his thing.

With what was already here, is still here and what he had coming in new - Capers is under achieving. No other way to state it. With this team's play makers on D - Woodson, Tramon, Clay, Raji - there's no excuse to be #31. Other teams are ranked higher with less. That's the yardstick.

Me

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Teal, you get the Packer Report? Thanks for setting Mako25 straight.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the D on Sunday with everyone relatively healthy and Ryan Pickett back with a couple more weeks of practice.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Maybe I'm wrong but the defense seemed a lot more creative last year. Crazy blitz packages and such.

Hope they do some of this in the playoffs.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (22250rem, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,262
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.