Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 99guy
See somebody met the reserve on his 308 EG.

Somebody must really want that gun.

Reminds me of the mint one I left behind for 650 mad

cry cry cry

Which auction sight are you guys looking at?

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday - John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
back to the thread topic:

Okay talked to Savage today and got the story.
300 each were made in a 8mm and 9.3.
All were intended for export. Somehow the shop I bought mine from got 3 9.3s.
It arrived today and it is cool. The barrel weight is like a 375 H&H, 20", center feed detachable magazine. As I mentioned Minox is now making binocs in the pattern. I'll be contacting (bugging) them to get a scope the same
[Linked Image]

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Specifically what 8mm cartridge was also chambered?

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by interthem
If you're asking me the answer is no. Gun auctions we list start at the price we will take and have a buy it now. Just have them on auto-relist and they all eventually sell.
No, thanks for the answer though . It was more for the general populous. I have a feeling we are amongst' a few.

A bore is a man that opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. -Henry Ford.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by boltman
Specifically what 8mm cartridge was also chambered?

Savage makes those in 8x57IS and 9,3x62 for the european market - mainly aimed at the hunter going for "driven hunts".

We like stout cartridges, handy rifles and safety orange for those as there are regularly 50-70 even 100 people (hunters and beaters) on quite smal tracts of land.

Passing something as mondane as a manufactures run for a over seas importer of as something so special is low. About as low as, say, pimping a distributer exclusive or a Leupold European.

Says also something about a guy, if he thinks, he can pull something like that in times of the internet.

Larry, Dwaine, Roger, Susan, Krissy, Doyle or Margret...

goodiewrench, oldman1942, the list goes on.

Do you still do layaw

From page 3, IIRC.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
IF one wants one plenty of CZ's around, and now the Rugers. Personally I like the CZ better, real wood and has worked for me. No need to worry about a questionable auction.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Smith, there is NO AUCTION, the gun was bought to hunt, not sell. Stop listening to the troll liars.

Arrived yesterday here are the pics of the real deal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now to find the right camo dip kit for the barreled action, scope and mounts.

If you can make any sense of this example of this cracker's functional illiteracy, have a go at it, I'd love to hear it translated into Eighth grade English, grammar and spelling:

"Passing something as mondane as a manufactures run for a over seas importer of as something so special is low. About as low as, say, pimping a distributer exclusive or a Leupold European.
Says also something about a guy, if he thinks, he can pull something like that in times of the internet."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
"Savage MADE those in 8x57IS and 9,3x62 for the european market - mainly aimed at the hunter going for "driven hunts".
There fixed it for you as no further production is planned.

"We like stout cartridges, handy rifles and safety orange for those as there are regularly 50-70 even 100 people (hunters and beaters) on quite smal tracts of land."
Sounds like almost as much fun as your "sport" before the war of Yankee aggression !

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Trolls or non trolls, That damned thing is ugly!!!!! Flourescent orange just dont belong on any gun !!!!! who ever hunts with it might as well stuff a orange highway cone on his head like a dunce cap to finish off the outfit !!!!!!!! crazy crazy crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll be watching for it to show up on AA for $1500, 10% layaway and a 6 month delivery any day now.

I do have to say that it looks a lot like the hunter safety non-functional rifles in the class my son took. Except the hunter safety class rifles have a purpose to the stocks being orange.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by interthem
"Savage MADE those in 8x57IS and 9,3x62 for the european market - mainly aimed at the hunter going for "driven hunts".
There fixed it for you as no further production is planned.

"We like stout cartridges, handy rifles and safety orange for those as there are regularly 50-70 even 100 people (hunters and beaters) on quite smal tracts of land."
Sounds like almost as much fun as your "sport" before the war of Yankee aggression !

I was responding to Boltman's question, not to you.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There's just no accounting for taste.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Makes me chuckle thinking about posting this in the Collector's forum. Big Game, Deer Hunting or Hunting Rifles? Sure.

Savage Collector's forum?

<chuckle>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poor Larry.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Poor Larry.

Yep

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tell you what Calhoooon, I'll put $5000 on the table that this rifle does not appear on in any auction for $1500 with 10% lay-a-way terms. Lets put a one year limit on it at which time one of us pays the piper.

Time for a serial liar like you to put up or shut up, right here in a public forum that is easy to check and verify.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP !

BTW, I'd say a rifle with only 600 examples made qualifies as a "collectors" rifle far more than the ho-hum 300 Savage EGs, you get damp shorts over.

This post will be printed out, signed, notarized, framed and hung on our gun club wall as a reminder of who steps up and who blows smoke.
It will be reposted here 1/13/2013 by one of out 70+ members, right on this thread, just so you don't forget where to send the money. We'll see who is "chuckling" then, my friend.

It's here, not in your gunsafe....sorry Charlie, a'int it pretty ?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Easy Larry, that vein in your forehead is gonna burst, it's the internet!

While I still don't believe much of what you say I'll have to agree with the EG comment but I think it will be quite a few years before that gun becomes known as collectible.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's special runs of Savage bolt actions from Grice's every year. They have one right now, a long range hunter model 11/111 with 26" barrel and other special features. It's uncatalogued and far fewer of them made than yours. I'm sure other runs are done on a regular basis. Or you could call up the Savage custom shop and have them chamber any model in a range of cartridges - could almost surely get a nice model 14 Classic chambered in that 9.3x62 for probably what you paid for the Orange Wonder. THAT might end up being collectible.

Savage bolt actions are great rifles to shoot with and hunt with and I'm glad you found something to enjoy. But $850 plus shipping plus FFL for a hunter safety orange bolt action does NOT float my boat. You could pick up any of a range of high quality 1899's for that price. Could almost pick up a Kimber or some other rifle which will surely be collectible for that price.

And.. no, I don't think it's pretty. I'll stick with ones like this recent acquisition. I know that RS's in 308 are collectible.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Why not let the "expert" step up on his own ?

As for collectibility, you may be right, you may be wrong, but an excellent EG would cost as much and can't shoot a 286 gr bullet at 2300 FPS.

BTW all 23Cs don't look alike. I had a 32-20 23C (first model) made for the mayor of Utica NY with 4X wood, a Weatherby MK V level rust blue, wonderful 24 LPI wrap around checkering, the original box, order letter, factory receipt and (modern) factory letter. What it sold for would buy a safe full of EGs.

The data has been posted and will reappear in 2013. Good evening.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boltman

Hey, now THAT'S a nice looking rifle that won't get you laughed off of a firing line.

And only $50 cheaper to get a quality walnut stock rather than the non-Accustock Orange Wonder.

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.