Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M1894 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not just any Friday the 13th , but January Friday the 13th for my wife and I. grin
Since taking our vows back on a Friday the 13th in January in '95 , the date has only fell on a Friday once since then ( 2006 , the day our dog was born cool ) this year is only the 3rd time our anniversary has actually fallen on a Friday .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats on your 17th. Many more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And may you have a bunch more Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've always taken #13 as my radio call-sign,....e.g. "Unit 13"

Still around, it's always been my luckier #.

Congrats to you both, Se�or !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
my anniversary is July 13.

Yep....Friday.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Many more good blessing's for you ahead.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M1894 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender
my anniversary is July 13.

Yep....Friday.

Married on a Friday ?

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
M1894 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks all ,for the congrats smile

Phil

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by M1894
Thanks all ,for the congrats smile

Yessir, happy anniversary to you and your bride grin

Gunner

i was gonna call BigTony and blast some beaver damns today, but because of the FRI/13TH deal, i think i'll steer clear of TNT and ICONS today laugh

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not just any Friday the 13th , but January Friday the 13th for my wife and I. grin
Since taking our vows back on a Friday the 13th in January in '95 , the date has only fell on a Friday once since then ( 2006 , the day our dog was born cool ) this year is only the 3rd time our anniversary has actually fallen on a Friday .

Congrats. I hope that was a real dog and not your kid!!!!!????? eek

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Married on a Friday ? [/quote]

A funny old guy I knew always used to advise young men contemplating marriage "to get married on a Friday". You would see a serious expression on their face gradually turn to puzzlement as they contemplated his advice. Then they would ask, "why on a Friday"?

The old man would keep a serious expression as he said, "Well, that way if the honeymoon doesn't work out, you haven't blown the whole weekend and you can still go hunting or fishing." That would bust everybody up.

Seriously, he would tell the young guys not to get married during hunting season, because the anniversary would interfere with hunting every year from then on.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
M1894 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Congrats. I hope that was a real dog and not your kid!!!!!????? eek

LOL Our Lil' girl is 4 legged and has a tail , My beautiful Wife , has 2 legs and an Irish attitude wink

[Linked Image]

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Know all about that Irish attitude! grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M1894 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty

Married on a Friday ?

A funny old guy I knew always used to advise young men contemplating marriage "to get married on a Friday". You would see a serious expression on their face gradually turn to puzzlement as they contemplated his advice. Then they would ask, "why on a Friday"?

The old man would keep a serious expression as he said, "Well, that way if the honeymoon doesn't work out, you haven't blown the whole weekend and you can still go hunting or fishing." That would bust everybody up.

Seriously, he would tell the young guys not to get married during hunting season, because the anniversary would interfere with hunting every year from then on.
[/quote]

After 8+ years of living together , going thru the sickness / health and richer / poorer stuff it didn't take much effort to push the fri the 13th date wink
The best thing about getting married on a Friday the 13th ? Mini anniversarys pop up several times a year cool

Last edited by M1894; 01/13/12.

Phil

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.