Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Discovered on sangliers.net thanks to "jr", this is the "Hybrid" from the German company "INNOGUN".

[Linked Image]

The key point is not an untold technology but the idea to put together two well known technologies in a sngle gun, with a 0&U design combining a classical break action upper barrel with a pump action under barrel, so the under barrel is a repeater with a det. box mag.

The caliber modular system is available as a combination smooth bore + rifle, as a double barrel rifle and as a Bergst�tzen (small caliber upper barrel + standard caliber lower barrel).

This is supposed to fillfull the need of a combination gun for mixed bag hunts, the need of a repeater for driven hunts, and the need of a quick load and shoot system for brush tracking purposes, still allowing to stalk and hunt from high seats as well.

This is another view of a multi purpose hunting rifle.

http://www.innogun.de/index.php?opt...ticle&id=7&Itemid=20&lang=en

Va t'in tch�re !
GB1

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wow; thanks for sharing the information on this very interesting rifle. GRF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to see I can get one to "testdrive". Very interesting concept, I think.

C.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Nice and innovating concept...combination of 243 and 9,3x62 make it's a gun for everything...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It appears to be a bit cumbersome.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nearly a Pulse rifle grin

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
Nearly a Pulse rifle grin

grinDo ya have to wear a Darth Vader Helmet to use it???? grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Why the hell would you use a pulse rifle then, if you can use the force confused

Note you ay use a pulse rifle even when you wear a black shirt ...

Va t'in tch�re !
P
P
I did som research on then gun a while ago.

Its a nice "newbie" but found it to much of a compromize both the rifle way and the shotgun way.

Hope someone buys because this will quite sure "pave the road" for some other new innovations further ahead.

No fun if everybody sticks to the M98.

Paal Dalen

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hi GV,

Nice rifle, just need a double drum with belt for each crazy caliber...Could be effective when attacked by wild boars... laugh

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
As we used to say among the boy scouts ... "Toujours pr�ts" grin

Va t'in tch�re !
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Question, high seats refers to expensive hunts or from a top drive vehicle??

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

High seat hunts refer to wait for game in diffrent style of blinds made traditionally of wood at stategic places. Some are totally enclosed some are more than tree stand. Some are comfortable some not.

This is a mixed one in wood and steel in Black Forest overlooking a feeding place for roes and boars hunt.
[Linked Image]
Another type of high seat always in Black Forest. It's close to a trail facing the front slope, a place where you can meet red, roe, and boars.
[Linked Image]

Here from the seat (mirador)in Suhl Frauenwald waiting for red deers in september.

[Linked Image]

Hunting in Germany is mostly static even if they practice more and more driven hunt and dr�cken to reduce wild boar populations.

Hope i answered your question.

Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
In Belgium, and I guess in other european countries too, high seat hunting is often combined with stalking: you manage a path allowing you to reach your high seats.

Befeore the sunset or after the sunrise you spot and stalk the game from that path but during the night hunting hours (one hour before sunrise, one hour after sunset), you can hunt but not in motion, so it is usual to spend those hours in high seats.

If you don't have many fixed high seats on your hunting ground, allowing you to choose your seat according to the hunting conditions of the moment, it is valuable to have a mobile or easy to move high seat such a ladder seat or a tree stand in order to adapt your self to the conditions.

I use to prefer to remain on the ground ... High seats tend to rotten with passing time, and I use to fall asleep when I'm tired and there is no game to be seen ...

Va t'in tch�re !
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

You're right my friend, in Germany you can do such thing too. Doing that way, i managed to get a not too bad roe around Suhl, last year. When nothing going on or when rain fall, i do also come to sleep a bit.
But for me that's part of the pleasure too.

Dom

P
P
Here is a short movie that shows how close you can get when hunting moose with Norwegian grey moose dog. The dog on the film is skilled and works on the moose sufficient enough to make it mad and try to take the dog. The dog then moves itselfe and the moose right in front of the hunter.

What kind of gun would be most suitable?

Funny hunting though! Makes time pass by fast.

Paal Dalen

http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/214325/

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Sorry Paal, can't open the link but for very close encounter i rely on my 9,3x62, my hot rodded 45-70 or even my .50Alaskan...
For such question about close encounter with moose, better ask my norvegian friend Jorund Lien outdoor writer, norvegian champion shooter, author of a great reloading manual and really knowledgeable man about real hunting situation worldwide. Man of great quality, helpful and of too much modesty.

Dom

P
P
Here is the movie on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzvcRYidcCU

I hope you can open it.

Jaktdalen

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Thank you Paal, fantastic filming. Why don't they shoot? Maybe they don't have bull tag or it's because they were so surprised? But very nice hunting and very good movie.

Dom

P
P
Yeah! , why dont they shoot bull tag or not. They could have claimed self defense.

What kind of gun and what kid of sights would yo have used?

Paal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 63 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.