Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
You fellas are pretty lame. Is that the best you can come up with? LOL. It's pretty sad when you have to be jealous of an oppresses people. ;-)

The only oppressing is being done by the band councils and chiefs
just look at attawapa or a dozen more

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not jealous just tired of seeing all our tax dollars supporting a lazy,spoilt,welfare dependent,highest crime rate per capita, people who have large families with half the kids not knowing who their father's are people who have lost all connection with nature and play out the culture card only when it benefits them. Besides most of them are lactose intolerant and when they eat ice cream they produce lots of flatulents. That's Ok in their homes but at the Bingo hall it's not acceptable.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bingo hall...now that's funny!! I am tired of my tax dollars being spent in Afghanistan building roads, hospitals and schools... While Canada falls apart! I am tired of reading about Canada giving monies to the Palestinian authority while our old people cannot afford food and heat in their homes. I am tired of paying for English classes for immigrants that should know the language, or have the means to pay for it themselves.

We just have different things that jerk our chains!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's why the Liberals lost, but the Conservatives don't seem to be changing any of the common complaints posted by both of us or all the other millions of voters in Canada.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
That's why the Liberals lost, but the Conservatives don't seem to be changing any of the common complaints posted by both of us or all the other millions of voters in Canada.

Well then, it must be time to give the NDP a try and see how they conduct themselves??/ ;-)

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Well then, it must be time to give the NDP a try and see how they conduct themselves??/ ;-)
Not [bleep] likely.The NDP does not have the economic vision to run a hotdog stand,let alone a Province or the country.Remember what they did to the economies of BC,Ontario and Saskatchewan?I see Harper has cut foriegn aid funding.I look forward to him also cutting the handouts to aborigonal peoples.I'm sick and tired of paying for mistakes made generations ago,before my ancestors came to Canada. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Monashee

Not [bleep] likely.The NDP does not have the economic vision to run a hotdog stand,let alone a Province or the country.Remember what they did to the economies of BC,Ontario and Saskatchewan?I see Harper has cut foriegn aid funding.I look forward to him also cutting the handouts to aborigonal peoples.I'm sick and tired of paying for mistakes made generations ago,before my ancestors came to Canada. Monashee

I remember what it was like when the NDP took office in Ontario. mad

Those bozos could not organize a screw in a whorehouse, nor did they have any sense of financial responsibility. frown

Talk about spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors...

John

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jpb

I remember what it was like when the NDP took office in Ontario. mad

Those bozos could not organize a screw in a whorehouse, nor did they have any sense of financial responsibility. frown

Talk about spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors...

John
It was the same the last time they ran BC,juicy hand outs to their union buddies and all the other special interest groups that helped put them in power.Industry and jobs left the Province post haste to avoid the tax burden they put on business to pay for their policies.Now due to the ineptness of the BC Liberals and the short memories of BC voters they will get in again.Canuckshooter must be rubbing his hands with glee.Did I mention they closed grizzly bear hunting to please the Green lobby.That will happen again,along with further restrictions on hunting,and access restrictions to Crown land to keep FN happy. Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 04/15/12.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I cannot take any individual that believes that the federal or BC Dippers are go in to be the better choice. Their policies and agendas haven't changed, they always ignore the books until they run out of debt to spend and then they tax the crap out of the "evil" business sector and upper middle class and kill the economy again all to pander to the cluelessly emotional and special interest minority groups. The NDP will say whatever they have to to get it. But freedom to them is them allowing you to do whatever they think is ok to do. Screw freedom of speach, screw the right to act in civil disobedience and challenge the governments reason. They act like they have a police state and they are intellectually superior to those that the are supposed to serve far beyond the Libs or Conservatives.
If BC votes in the NDP again, we are all headed to the store for Vaseline with 30% tax on it (it's a petro product).

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The ...police state... is far more a product of both the Liberal and Conservative parties in Canadian history, than it has ever been a creation of the N.D.P or their forerunners, the C.C.F.

I suggest that those who may disagree and have some issues with the ...intellectually superior... people in Canada, do some serious study of Canadian history and perhaps think about such events as "The Battle of Ballantyne Pier", "The War Measures Act", the internment of Canadian citizens of German, Italian and Japanese orgins in both World Wars and on and on and on.....

I am most emphatically NOT a "Dipper", but, I also know who did what and when in Canada and tend to favour factual reality in discussions over lurid propaganda.

I live in Adrien Dix's riding, he is an excellent M.L.A. and most people here I talk with want to see him as Premier of B.C.; he would be far better than the venal, corrupt Campbell and Clark under whom we have incurred HUGE public debt, devastation of basic public services and "kow-towing" to aboriginals, non-traditional immigrants and foreign resource rapers as never before.

I doubt that Dix WILL interfere with hunting and am currently lobbying his office to make changes in BC hunting regs. that will protect and benefit we residents, but, "time will tell".....

IC B3

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't trust the Dippers as far as hunting goes,or logging for that matter.They could turn the whole damn province into a provincial park and expect us all to sell trinkets to the tourists rather than have real jobs

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Kute maybe "your lobbying" will bear more fruit than that of the 40,000 strong BCWF.Be sure to ask Adrian,the "utterer of forged documents"Dix whether he'll let us hunt grizzlies once he's annointed.Just remember if his lips are moving he's lying. Monashee

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kutenay,

First, I hope spring is knocking on your door in BC -- here in northern Sweden the snow is still nearly up to my knees and temperatures at night are still below zero.

Second, "intellectually superior" you may well be (maybe I should write "are" because I consider myself just an ordinary guy and would never claim to be "intellectually superior" smile ) but you should not assume that you are the only one with an interest and some knowledge of Canadian history. I am well aware of the past contributions of the NDP (and CCF).

I was not writing about the fairly distant past when the CCF and NDP did indeed make many valuable contributions (e.g the internment debate) to the development of Canada as a great place to live. Back then, they often seemed to be the party with a conscience!

My comments were from my personal (and much more recent) experience with the modern NDP who ran Ontario in the early 90's... ran it right into the ground, that is.

By comparison, Bob Rae and his corrupt, naive bunch of ideologues and hypocrites made Obama look like a fiscal ultra-conservative with an impeccably honest cabinet.

I have lived in prairie Canada, and I agree that the NDP in the west has always been much better than the Bob Rae NDP with respect to his governments' financial irresponsibility and string of scandals & incompetence. There was a reason why the NDP were tossed out of Ontario after one term by such a landslide.

In stark contrast to the Ontario NDP, I have heard that the NDP in BC are another kettle of fish (a kettle of fish is perhaps never a bad metaphor when it comes to politicians of any stripe! wink ) but I have no information regarding the NDP in BC in recent years and I was not commenting on them.

Of course, there is really not much basis for any of us making general statements concerning any political party when one considers huge variation within a given party at the all the provincial & federal levels. smile

Cheers!

John

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Kute maybe "your lobbying" will bear more fruit than that of the 40,000 strong BCWF.Be sure to ask Adrian,the "utterer of forged documents"Dix whether he'll let us hunt grizzlies once he's annointed.Just remember if his lips are moving he's lying. Monashee

I have been a member of the B.C.W.F. since the 1970s and was on a regional executive for some time in the 1980s; my latest activity for our group was some two months ago.

I do, however, after over a half century of active, volunteer conservation activity, still think that individual contacts with those who make decisions is a viable and productive contribution to realizing the goals so many desire in respect of hunting, firearms legislation and related issues.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by jpb
kutenay,

First, I hope spring is knocking on your door in BC -- here in northern Sweden the snow is still nearly up to my knees and temperatures at night are still below zero.

Second, "intellectually superior" you may well be (maybe I should write "are" because I consider myself just an ordinary guy and would never claim to be "intellectually superior" smile ) but you should not assume that you are the only one with an interest and some knowledge of Canadian history. I am well aware of the past contributions of the NDP (and CCF).

I was not writing about the fairly distant past when the CCF and NDP did indeed make many valuable contributions (e.g the internment debate) to the development of Canada as a great place to live. Back then, they often seemed to be the party with a conscience!

My comments were from my personal (and much more recent) experience with the modern NDP who ran Ontario in the early 90's... ran it right into the ground, that is.

By comparison, Bob Rae and his corrupt, naive bunch of ideologues and hypocrites made Obama look like a fiscal ultra-conservative with an impeccably honest cabinet.

I have lived in prairie Canada, and I agree that the NDP in the west has always been much better than the Bob Rae NDP with respect to his governments' financial irresponsibility and string of scandals & incompetence. There was a reason why the NDP were tossed out of Ontario after one term by such a landslide.

In stark contrast to the Ontario NDP, I have heard that the NDP in BC are another kettle of fish (a kettle of fish is perhaps never a bad metaphor when it comes to politicians of any stripe! wink ) but I have no information regarding the NDP in BC in recent years and I was not commenting on them.

Of course, there is really not much basis for any of us making general statements concerning any political party when one considers huge variation within a given party at the all the provincial & federal levels. smile

Cheers!

John

I made no claim of any sort, I merely stated a few relevant facts concerning Canadian history and am not interested in an exchange of "ad hominem" comments here.

The state of contemporary Canada and B.C. is not due to the N.D.P., it is a result of Liberal and Conservative policies and the continual sell-out of our raw natural resources and traditional culture for cheap profits and the support of "bloc voters" who are largely foreigners.

The parties in Canada, now, have very little to really differentiate among them, they are all pretty disgusting.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
So, if you support the NDP Kute, let me ask you this question:
Is it the governments job to tax for the sake of good will and allow those funds to flow through bureaucracy and be deligated to whom the government finds fit for what should and historically is acts of compassion? How about legislating non-criminal morality?
If you answer yes or maybe to either of those questions you are tying the noose and handing it to the master to place around your neck. That is the first step in the sale of your freedom, and it is despicable. The NDP nation wide believes that these two things are primary concerns of the government, more so than the Libs or Cons.
Frankly I prefer non of them, they are all crooked, and manned with the self serving. I just prefer a government that is willin to preserve more personal freedoms and more opportunity than use my tax payed dollars to crush the people they are supposed to serve under there emotional poli-babble.
The NDP screwed this province far more than Campbell or Clark ever have. Like I told the last Dipper that b:::hed about the HST: you want mommy to hold your hand cradle to grave, pay your taxes and expect them to go up every year.
Our health care and education, including lost secondary is the expensive mess it is because of the government involvement and social expectation. But oh travesty, the intellectuals are going to come at me now, because they some how know better, though examples are there clearly today and historically. Dix isn't a good man, he is a man, and his ideals are terribly misplaced. And he lies, gets caught in his lies, and people still eat it up. Because all they can see is a hand out.
I am liberitarian by the way, and the social brainwashing society had received to believe that what more government involvement is better is sad.

Last edited by rem338win; 04/15/12.

AF
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Rest in peace, while I find your writing style somewhat "unique" and would, were I so inclined, challenge your version of "history" for my own amusement, I am not a supporter of the N.D.P. and have not been for almost thirty years.

I do find your comment concerning the ...mess... our...education... has become to be obviously self-evident; it is a sadly amusing aspect of contemporary Canadian life.

May I ask, what exactly is a ...liberitarian...?

Geeezuz wept and no phuqueing wonder.................

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yes Kute, the response I was expecting. I wrote that on an iPhone whilst traveling to a WHL playoff game, so excuse my prose. Interesting indeed. smirk
Challenge away old timer, I would love to hear you dispute the facts and remainders that history has left us to judge actions by.
I do know it is libertarian, I slipped when I was responding and added more "i", but given the company of the conversation it may be appropriate.
So enamored with yourself, personal attacks aren't nearly as virulent as you once were, but still self aggrandizing.
The phonetic spelling is amazing for one so close to dementia, but I do digress.
No real response, which is normal for a Dipper. No facts, no ability to make an effort. Pining to be the "alpha intellectual".
Your recounts of history are comical, well spun and mostly for your own amusement. Quite like Adrain's actually......

Last edited by rem338win; 04/17/12.

AF
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have not attacked you or anyone here, I merely posted my opinions and in a rational, factual and literate manner. If, you do not agree, fine, that is your right and I would never attempt to deny anyone's freedom of expression.

As to ...dementia...,well, since you enjoy "ad hominem" remarks rather than posting specific facts, I shall just laugh and put you on "ignore" as further interaction with you does not interest me. The comments concerning ...history... that you post, given your epistolary "skills" are hilarious, but, chatter away, I am done with you.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
No loss there. Having a socialist , self-aggrandizing mono-racist put me on ignore is a trophy on the wall in the real world.

AF
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.