Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Took the pretty little lass out for a bite, and tried a place on the island that came highly recommended. We were pleased, and will be back. Anyone remember Roxy Music? This was playing softly as we were seated. We giggled. Private joke from an incident in Tokyo that happened in 1981 when we first met. Between us only. wink

Food was very, very good. Lobster and corn chowder, beef tartar, duck confit with goat cheese, crab cake, pear and ceasar salads, mussels in green curry and a few local oysters on the half shell. All seafood taken locally. Like *really* locally. Great service, solid wine list, unpretentious, funky music, spitting distance from the surf and literally on the marsh I've loved and hunted for a decade? Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah. Anyone finds themselves on Plum Isle, come hungry and hit this place. You won't be sorry.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/2012-01-14_20-59-32_415.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/2012-01-14_20-42-51_733.jpg[/img]

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Your wife always looks like she is scheming up ways to make your life 'interesting'. Got the same thing going on with mine. Never a dull moment.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Your wife always looks like she is scheming up ways to make your life 'interesting'. Got the same thing going on with mine. Never a dull moment.

Again: winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah.

A wretch like me was saved, and now can see, by that gal. In every way, saved.

And yes, she's a doll and a hellcat rolled into one. wink

Sometimes I am asked if I know just how lucky I am. I do, truly. I'm sure you do too.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 01/15/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to see you aren't lettin' recent events dictate your mood.

Now, in the immortal words of Tina Turner;

oh, oh, oh

what's love got ta do with it

got ta do with it

what's love - but a second hand emotion

grin

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nice! hope hope you get your shotgun back! laways enjoy your pics!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I always love your posts. I'm too young to be around for Roxy Music, but they're one of my favorite bands. They toured last winter/spring. I almost went to see them in DC. I showed this clip to a fellow music nerd friend of mine and she said, "Did he just say pantomime?" When he said "Zarathustra," she said, "Ok, they just referenced Nietzsche. This is one of my new favorite bands."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztOa1lifJxo

Last edited by ajb05854; 01/15/12. Reason: for some reason it won't embed
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Restaurant owners must think you're a NY Times food critic when you get those camera flashes going during a meal.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did indeed have that exact album. Both Ends Burning was a good tune on it too. Pretty fancy eats there too!

GOA
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
"More Than This" brings back some 30 year old memories.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Restaurant owners must think you're a NY Times food critic when you get those camera flashes going during a meal.

grinIt would REALLY frost their windows if the restauranters found out that KG is a WAAAYY better cook than they are grin He is also very much into visual torture grin. Good food,purty gurl, you know the drill grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i noticed when we were eating and he took the camera out, they were real good about seeing to our needs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Another adventure! Adventure with a beautiful woman, no less!

Looks like a great evening, Leighton. Thank you for sharing with us mere mortals!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm thinking the back room nervous chatter gets going and Leighton gets white glove service and some comps. Ih he started dictating or pulling out a notepad every time they brought drinks or food,he'd probably not even have to pull out his wallet,save for the tip.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We Texans are an especially romantic lot, I seen the photo of the men's room condiments you posted on that other thread.

I mean, nothing says "I'll love and cherish you forever" quite like a $0.50 Glow-in-the-Dark Tingler Ring grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JEEZ !

Ah chit !.....coffee all over the place !

grin

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
We Texans are an especially romantic lot, I seen the photo of the men's room condiments you posted on that other thread.

I mean, nothing says "I'll love and cherish you forever" quite like a $0.50 Glow-in-the-Dark Tingler Ring grin

laugh laugh laugh

Hey Leighton,

How many did you buy?

BTW, the meal looked fantastic. I'm jealous.

Last edited by fish head; 01/15/12.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't say I would enjoy any of that food, but the Lady sure is a "dish". smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one of my least fave Roxy tunes Leighton, I prefer Country Life, the music too! but always love your threads!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Downright interesting to see what you guys in the big cities spend your money and time doing.
I never heard of Roxy and only use one plate for a whole meal. I would not want to do you guy's dishes that is for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 673, 17CalFan, 31 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,322
Posts18,526,423
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.