Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Best Super Bowl ever!

PS:
Anyone have Ellis Hobbs address? I wanna put him on my Christmas card list.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae
Tebow doesn't say enough prayers this week and is punished for it.

Pats - 49
Broncos - 3

Poor, poor Tebow.

Back to obscurity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt that he will go into obscurity.
the defense let him down, the Pats were on their game yesterday, simple as that. the broncos did a lot better than anyone figured they would early on in the season. watch for Tebow next year, it will be a different story.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I truly wish him -- and the Broncos -- all the best. I also hope it's with only a fraction of the press coverage that turned the Broncos, into the Tebows.

(I said the same when the press anointed Rodgers for my favorite team)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I doubt that he will go into obscurity.
the defense let him down, the Pats were on their game yesterday, simple as that. the broncos did a lot better than anyone figured they would early on in the season. watch for Tebow next year, it will be a different story.

Tebow will go the way of Miami's Wildcat.

Once other teams figure out the Broncos option, Tebow's passing deficiencies will be magnified.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess only time will tell, but I don't think he's a Flash in the Pan

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yeah, Elway and Fox are probably already looking for a real quarterback.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard it all before when Kordell Stewart was the Steeler QB.

Too much legs and not enough arm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Broncos are just getting started with Tebow . They have no place to go but to get better. Tebow will become one of NFL's great quarterbacks. Look at the Colt they were the best and look at their season , nobody wins them all

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tebow will be benched by the 6th game next year.

A whole offseason will help defenses ready for the option more than it will help make Tebow an accurate QB.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rrroae

Tebow will go the way of Miami's Wildcat.

Once other teams figure out the Broncos option, Tebow's passing deficiencies will be magnified.

We already saw that toward the end of the season this year. Didn't stop them last week, did it? Denver got blown out by the freakin' PATRIOTS, who will either win the Super Bowl this year or come within a few points of doing so. That's no shame or embarassment, as far as anybody who isn't blinded by their dislike of Tim Tebow can see.

Tebow was a ROOKIE NFL QUARTERBACK this season. Nobody expects a rookie QB to win championships. Nobody expected Tebow to do as well as he did.

It takes years for an NFL QB to develop the skills needed to win consistently. The fact that Tebow was able to win in his rookie season was wonderful. I expect he'll go back to being a backup again next season, have some time to take snaps in practice, get coached in the subtleties of reading NFL defenses, and in a couple of years when he's learned enough he'll be ready.

I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He ain't. He may never win a division title, let alone a Super Bowl. But he proved this season he can win in the NFL, and that's more than all the Tebow-haters ever said he could do.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's simply a mediocre qb who took a lot of teams by surprise with his heart and determination. Next year, his flaws will become glaringly clear.

I've never seen an inaccurate qb become an accurate one.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tebow was not a rookie this year. In fact, he started some games last year. He's a 46% passer in an era when nobody can put a hand on wide receivers. The way he shoves linebackers and safeties aside, put him at tightend where he belongs.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tebow was about the only Denver player on the field last night. The pass defense was pathetic and the offensive front line just sat down and let NE overwhelm Tebow. It was a credit to Tebow that he got off as many passes as he did since he was always on the run. But even then, the receivers couldn't catch them when the ball was in their hands. I'm surprised how often Tebow avoided sacks with 5 rushers in his face.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Tebow was a ROOKIE NFL QUARTERBACK this season. Nobody expects a rookie QB to win championships. Nobody expected Tebow to do as well as he did.

It takes years for an NFL QB to develop the skills needed to win consistently. The fact that Tebow was able to win in his rookie season was wonderful. I expect he'll go back to being a backup again next season, have some time to take snaps in practice, get coached in the subtleties of reading NFL defenses, and in a couple of years when he's learned enough he'll be ready.

NO HE WAS NOT.

Tim Tebow was drafted in the first round by Josh McDaniels LAST year. He played in games LAST year. This is his SECOND season.

He's played in 23 games. In those 23 games he's 47.3% passer, he was actually better in his rookie season which was LAST year. He was a full 50% that year with a PR over 80.

His biggest asset was supposed to be his running ability - last night he had 13 yards. The reason why he's under pressure so much? No one respects his arm. When you're a 47% career passer - why should they?

I like Tim as a person and story but lets tell the truth about what that story is.

Last edited by teal; 01/15/12.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tebow was a ROOKIE NFL QUARTERBACK this season.

No, he's not.

What he is, is a QB that has compiled more wins in his short career as a starter than than did the likes of Brees, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers etc., at the same point in their career. There is also nobody who has more come from behind, or overtime wins than he. Throw in winning his first playoff game (rare accomplishment), and the talk of a "passing" fad >pun intended< make little sense.

I do agree, if he continues to be a running QB, he'll exit quickly - none survive, none.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Aren't they all?

Rothlessberger won a SB with the lowest QB rating in history.

Denver is death on QB's regardless.

Elway was lucky he was established when Shanahan came in. He had pretty much Hall of Fame receivers. Even then, the years they went to the SB, Elway had to bribe offensive linemen to come back. He had a good line and did good.

Since that time, 2 yrs is about the life expenctancy for QB in Denver. A lot of that has to do with the o-line.

This season though, the offense was too predictable. Run on down 1 & 2, pass on 3. How to defend? 8 or 9 in the box down 1 & 2, then pass defense/blitz on 3rd.

Last edited by Steven_CO; 01/15/12. Reason: oops

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who knows what Tebow will be in the future. Plenty of QB's took years to become good. Hell, look at Alex Smith and what he's done. He was drafted in 2005 and didn't do squat until this year.

What I do know is that I am sick and tired of the constant Tebow banter!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
+1. All Tebow did was help turn a dismal season into a post-season. For that he's heralded by some and crucified by others.

Steve

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sorry I stretched the term "rookie", boys. But in terms of the position, a 2nd year QB is still a rookie. Hardly anybody starts at QB in their first or second seasons.

And thanks Mako for your point about the careers of Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

I said this before, and I'll say it again: I have no dog in this hunt. I like Tebow's story and I think I'd like him as a person if I spent time with him, but I don't have any allegiance to him or to the Broncos.

What makes me laugh is the certitude of armchair quarterbacks about Tebow's inevitable failure in the league.

Most of the people looking down their noses at Tebow today look silly because they've been eating crow all season and the feathers stuck to their faces make them look a tad ridiculous.

I have no idea whether Tebow can be more successful in the NFL than he has already, nor whether he'll have to change his playing style to do it. I think the answer to both questions is yes, but I'm not gonna pretend I can see into the future like some of y'all think you can.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.