Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does anybody know why Burris dropped the Signature Select line of scopes? And now they have another line of "Tactical" scopes, the MTAC line, they look pretty nice.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Noticed that a few days ago. I've got my eyes open for a good deal on a closeout!! Please post up if anyone sees anything.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They need to dump their "posi-lock" feature.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I saw that too. I have also noticed that they also dropped the Six line. There top end scope is the Black Diamond 3-12x50. This saddens me because my favorite general purpose hunting scope is 3-10x40 Signature Select.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
They need to dump their "posi-lock" feature.

Why? I like the feature.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So what does this leave Burris with? The Fullfields and Black Diamonds? The black diamonds are heavy pigs, and the Fullfields leave a lot to be desired. Guess they think their laser scope with a reaper on the side is the wave of the future! haha

I don't like the posi-lock because...

A. Burris themselves say simply tightening the lock can shift POI.

B. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to unlock it to change elevation/windage? What good is a turret if you have to unlock the posi-lock first, just to dial elevation?

C. It is an answer for which there was no problem.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gorskij
Does anybody know why Burris dropped the Signature Select line of scopes? And now they have another line of "Tactical" scopes, the MTAC line, they look pretty nice.

Another Beretta company running around with their heads up their azz.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
So what does this leave Burris with? The Fullfields and Black Diamonds? The black diamonds are heavy pigs, and the Fullfields leave a lot to be desired. Guess they think their laser scope with a reaper on the side is the wave of the future! haha

I don't like the posi-lock because...

A. Burris themselves say simply tightening the lock can shift POI.

B. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to unlock it to change elevation/windage? What good is a turret if you have to unlock the posi-lock first, just to dial elevation?

C. It is an answer for which there was no problem.

Then don't lock it.. problem solved.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Or buy a better scope...

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Its just not Burris, its a lot of other companies that are putting their R+D and manufacturing time into tactical, not hunting products.

I will only really miss that Sig safari scope (and thats been gone for 2 years or so), although I have 4 other signatures, while they are clear are fairly heavy and many other scopes can do what they do.

I bought a pair of the euro diamonds when they were on closeout and now they are all gone. There were a couple of ED's that were fairly nice.. all gone now too.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been out to Greeley CO to Burris. Too bad they just keep making bad business decisions. They are fading fast IMO.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They don't seem to have any real direction these days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have liked Burris scopes and have had good luck with them. The feature I like the most is their ability to hold zero, particularly on hard kickers. The drawback, as dogcatcher says, they are pigs!

About a year ago I had a long conversation with an employee there who was heading for the door. The conversation started with my question about what was going on there. They dropped the Signature Safari and otherwise reduced the Signature line, dropped the EuroDiamond line and added the Six scopes.

This guy was very disappointed in the company. He felt management just did not "get it"; poor customer service and warranty work, dropping good products and adding bad ones.

I asked him if he would buy a Burris scope as a customer. He liked the Signatures and EuroDiamonds but they were being discontinued. He really liked the Black Diamonds and would buy one himself. However, he hated the Six series because it was a poor product and told me to stay away from it. I told him the way they were structuring their product line, I probably would not buy anymore and he said "yes, he understands".

Fortunately, I don't need any scopes at this time. When the time comes for another, I suspect a Zeiss or Nightforce will be coming my way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They don't seem to have any real direction these days.

This is real understatement!

Oh yeah, watch for EuroDiamond and Signature closeouts at Graf's and Natchez.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you could buy them with the posi-lock.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wasnt the Signature Select their last USA made product or had that changed a few years back like the Fullfields? I will say one thing for that company... hands down the worst customer service I ever encountered with anything.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My CS experience with Burris a few months ago was stellar.
Sent in a Signature with a malfuctioning Electro-dot and although the electronics warranty was long expired, they fixed it for free and I had it back in two weeks.

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DoeDumper
Wasnt the Signature Select their last USA made product or had that changed a few years back like the Fullfields? I will say one thing for that company... hands down the worst customer service I ever encountered with anything.

The Sig Select was the last 1" tube that was made in the US, Black Diamond and XTRs are still made here.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So what does that leave them for binoculars? Or are they still making the Sig Select in those.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Never mind, just looked at their website. No more binos, shame. I had a pair of 10x50 Sig Selects and Euro Diamond 10x40s. They are some great optics for the money, after they lowered the price anyways.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 470Evans, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.