Campfire Tracker
T
receiver and lever on ebay 290660001023

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That will be pulled in short order, I bet.
Even worse than violating eBay rules, it SEEMS the seller is intending to ship this firearm to a private individual, out of State. The BATF will NOT like that. -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, here is an example where posting a live auction sure isn't going to spoil anyone's chances. It will be pulled long before auction end. I really don't like Ebay mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
actually.... ebay has changed the anti-gun policy... major gun parts have been sold on ebay for several weeks now.

why anyone feels the need to tell the campfire collectors what is listed on ebay is beside me.

there are also several sets of sights
stocks,
a lever
a rotor
a bolt
a firepin
a set of stiths
more sights
more stocks
some replicated stocks

should we list every item that relates to a Savage gun that is for sale on ebay and GB??? Or just the ones that some random person thinks other ppl may or may not find interesting?????

Of Course now I am beating a dead horse...

Andrew
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Given that receiver is an actual firearm and requires a regular or C&R FFL, I would be very surprised to hear that it fits within Ebay's allowable policies.

IC B2

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by lovemy99
actually.... ebay has changed the anti-gun policy... major gun parts have been sold on ebay for several weeks now.

why anyone feels the need to tell the campfire collectors what is listed on ebay is beside me.

there are also several sets of sights
stocks,
a lever
a rotor
a bolt
a firepin
a set of stiths
more sights
more stocks
some replicated stocks

should we list ever item relate to a Savage gun that is for sale on ebay and GB??? Or just the ones that some random person thinks other ppl may or may not find interesting????? pardon me for not being a know it all.

Of Course now I am beating a dead horse...

Last edited by texken; 01/20/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boltman
Given that receiver is an actual firearm and requires a regular or C&R FFL, I would be very surprised to hear that it fits within Ebay's allowable policies.

agreed, but they may not even realize what constitutes a firearm exactly, and what does not. They let an entire Savage 340 through a few weeks ago. Not sure there is any legal reason that it should matter, I assumes its simply a matter of liability. They might have even started allowing full gun sales, I have not read the actual policy change. It is the buyer and sellers responsibility to ensure that each is following the BATF rules as far as I know.

Ken,

not a huge deal, its just gets really old... if ever person on the fire posted every savage related item they thought someone else might be interested in on the fire... this was just be a regurgitated auction site. Trust me, if you can find it on Ebay, so can 90% of the other members here with little to no issue.

Other's would also say that maybe you ARE bringing to light something that they were already interested in and do want any added competition you might be facilitating. Hence the request by many that others not post live auctions.

Andrew
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
policy info here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

this auction is outside of Ebay policy. Though do now allow for the selling of barrels, firing pins, hammers, and a few other things that were previously banned.

Andrew
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This has been discussed many times on this forum. I agree listing live auctions is a general no no, as it only serves to potentially drive the price of an item up. That's a good thing for a seller, but not a buyer that spends time searching, and watching auctions sites. That said, while it might be "poor form", it certainly IS NOT illegal by any means.
I do think the exception should be when an item is a outright misrepresentation, ridiculously priced (ie: $2,000 old, empty ammo box), or as in this case, an item listed on a site that has historically forbid firearm sales (don't know about eBay changing it's rules).
That said, this is still America (for now), and we all know what they say about opinions. -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All that said (and I agree wholeheartedly), now that the cat is out of the bag that wouldn't be a bad price for a decent 1899 action if one got it for that, as the basis for a custom gun project. You'll spend more for a decent Mauser bolt action suitable for customizing. If I didn't have enough irons in the fire I would consider sending the seller a private message offering to buy it through legal channels if/when eBay yanks the carpet out from under him.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/20/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
eBay has no liability in allowing the selling of firearms through their site, just as gunbroker has none. The liability is going to be on the seller and buyer. Same with Paypal. The reason they don't allow it is simply because they are anti-gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regardless there are at least 4 receivers (3 not 99) up for auction presently. Probably more as I passed by those 4 just searching Savage. Could it be another obama ATF conspiracy? shocked grin

Last edited by Skidrow; 01/20/12. Reason: Clarity

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think its a ATF Trap, Buy it and go to Jail!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wouldn't be a trap if one insisted on sticking to legal means of transferring ownership. If the seller insisted on circumventing the legalities, then I would smell a trap (but then it would be entrapment, no?).

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is C&R eligible so that makes it a little easier for some folks.

Is the owner claiming it to be from a solid frame 22 HP then?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to message Savage parts sellers to see if they still had the receiver. If they did and were willing I'd send them my FFL and a few bucks for their receiver. Those were the ones educated enough to know that receiver equals firearm. Oh, BTW Gary, entrapment is legal according to the Supremes. But then, Scotch goes on! grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
ebay used to sell guns, to many lawsuits. they quit, the only reason I posted, I thought maybe someone on here could use it for a parts gun, I guess its my bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not bad. Caveat emptor. "Stupid is as stupid does."

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Ken,

not a huge deal, its just gets really old...

I'd have to disagree. Seems some of the most post items here are kept going by the ones to cry this is a collector forum. You guys live for it or you wouldn't be here 24 hours.

Last edited by cheechako; 01/20/12.

A bore is a man that opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. -Henry Ford.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, Mr Happy is back.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.