Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't realize that you were gone! wink smile

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Skidrow

That's pretty funny, same thoughts here. But you have to say there is truth to what I posted. Not a bad thing(off topic) because a lot of the off topics away from collecting are a good mix of opinion. It would get kind of slow at times with just collecting. I still think the forum needs a change of name - Savage Interest.

A bore is a man that opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. -Henry Ford.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to Mad Dog.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
All that said (and I agree wholeheartedly), now that the cat is out of the bag that wouldn't be a bad price for a decent 1899 action if one got it for that, as the basis for a custom gun project. You'll spend more for a decent Mauser bolt action suitable for customizing. If I didn't have enough irons in the fire I would consider sending the seller a private message offering to buy it through legal channels if/when eBay yanks the carpet out from under him.

So you think it is fine to send a pm to buy something others might want and are willing to pay more than you for it, somethin seems stinkey about that thought. grin

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to Mad Dog.

Got it the first time,thanks, I was talking to the same. I'm not that hip on the quote button.

Last edited by cheechako; 01/21/12.

A bore is a man that opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. -Henry Ford.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Me IM not going to say a word about any gun Im thinking about buying to this bunch, till its in my sweating hands! grin

Last edited by saddlering; 01/21/12.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hubert
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
All that said (and I agree wholeheartedly), now that the cat is out of the bag that wouldn't be a bad price for a decent 1899 action if one got it for that, as the basis for a custom gun project. You'll spend more for a decent Mauser bolt action suitable for customizing. If I didn't have enough irons in the fire I would consider sending the seller a private message offering to buy it through legal channels if/when eBay yanks the carpet out from under him.

So you think it is fine to send a pm to buy something others might want and are willing to pay more than you for it, somethin seems stinkey about that thought. grin

Nope. Note the words "if/when eBay yanks the carpet out from under him." Personally, I could care less what happens.

O caveat emptor.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/21/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lol, I'm never really gone George.

Do you know how boring it would be without me and Jed stirring the pot every now and then?

Actually I think ole Cheech is Lauren in disguise.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.