Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We had another bad night like last friday here. Winter thunderstorms and tornados in a multistate area. A couple of confirmed deaths in Alabama. It's like spring weather. We went from 32* to 55* yesterday with lots of tropical air coming up from the Gulf.
We're lucky up where I am, the terrain helps knock down some of the wind so there aren't even any downed trees today, and my road is clear.

Never appeal to a mans "better side", he may not have one.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well we are getting this crazy azz weather up here, in NW Indiana. Had 4+ inches of snow on the ground yesterday, all gone this AM. No tornados in the area, but the thunder/lightning storm woke me up last night. Wind is blowing 25-30 mph, outside, as I type this. Craziest winter I've seen in many a moon.....

maddog

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are intact this morning for the most part. (Montgomery Co)

minus a propane bbq grill, it was a POS anyway that I salvaged from my last tenants that I evicted.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are having some very interesting weather for sure, got a little rough around 1:30 this morning but no major issues.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it" ETN10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
lots of rain in jefferson county but not much wind.

Originally Posted by deflave
Get your dick out of that rooster and go to church.

Travis
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fat_daddy
lots of rain in jefferson county but not much wind.
same here

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
yall be carefull out there. eek

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
couple of miles grinfrom u guys but on the wet coast we had about 60 mph winds most of yesterday,lots of branches down ,some trees ,power out in some places ,some ferries not running,

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad everyone is fine. The thunderstorm with the possible tornado in it, that was tracked from SW TN. that carried a path along I-40W into Mid Tn. didn't seem to do alot of damage. Some trees and power lines down in Dickson Co. For the most part it stayed West of I-65.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Glad everyone is fine. The thunderstorm with the possible tornado in it, that was tracked from SW TN. that carried a path along I-40W into Mid Tn. didn't seen to do alot of damage. Some trees and power lines down in Dickson Co. For the most part it stayed West of I-65.

The news had us all getting blown away by that hook it had in it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
We are intact this morning for the most part. (Montgomery Co)

minus a propane bbq grill, it was a POS anyway that I salvaged from my last tenants that I evicted.

I'm glad it spared Montgomery Co. It would of been spooky had a tornado hit Clarksville. Since yesterday was 13 years since the tornado hit downtown. Glad all was well. Some of the KY. counties got some high winds, but don't know of any tornado's. But this crazy weather always happens in Jan. when we get these 60 degree temps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jtown
Glad everyone is fine. The thunderstorm with the possible tornado in it, that was tracked from SW TN. that carried a path along I-40W into Mid Tn. didn't seen to do alot of damage. Some trees and power lines down in Dickson Co. For the most part it stayed West of I-65.

I know, glad it didn't become much. Hopefully the temps will get back to Jan. normal temps. and we'll be ok, till this Spring.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
just rain here

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I know, glad it didn't become much. Hopefully the temps will get back to Jan. normal temps. and we'll be ok, till this Spring.

If it is like this now, I don't want to see what tornado season is gonna be like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If it is like this now, I don't want to see what tornado season is gonna be like.

We always get this warm weather in Jan. some years, that ramps up the T-storms & tornado's. Two big tornado's have been in Jan. IIRC. The one in Rutherford Co. in 1997 (South Ridge) & Clarksville in 1999. As you stated April might be crazy this year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not looking forward to it.

rnr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Man that sux. Glad you're ok.

We're gonna be driving thru there in a couple weeks. Hope we stay clear of it.

BTW � = Alt+248

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That storm with the hook, was enough to put the wife sleeping in the tornado room. She hates them and the word tornado warning, send her to the tornado room. They had half the state under a warning.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That storm with the hook, was enough to put the wife sleeping in the tornado room. She hates them and the word tornado warning, send her to the tornado room. They had half the state under a warning.

And it was wasting no time getting thru here either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatme99
We had another bad night like last friday here. Winter thunderstorms and tornados in a multistate area. A couple of confirmed deaths in Alabama. It's like spring weather. We went from 32* to 55* yesterday with lots of tropical air coming up from the Gulf.
We're lucky up where I am, the terrain helps knock down some of the wind so there aren't even any downed trees today, and my road is clear.
Well...welcome to the party. Sounds like March through...the rest of the year here. We've been having the same kind of up and down temps-almost identical only maybe a little more radical. Lots of wind. Got some thunder and lightening the other night, but no real storm. Glad to not have 0 degrees or suchlike anyway. Prayers sent for y'all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (300_savage, 35, Armednfree, AceBall, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,425 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,329
Posts18,505,912
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.