-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Newt would have as much chance getting zero % Capitol gains as paultard would with all his liberty blather.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can't compare Obama to LBJ's re-election. LBJ hadn't done anything yet at the point...only succeeded Kennedy for a short while. When Johnson did act like Obama (once officially elected), he was hated, and didn't stand a chance of getting re-elected. Obama won't be either.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Newt would have as much chance getting zero % Capitol gains as paultard would with all his liberty blather.
dave

====================

He may not get zero but he'll do better than 15%. You seem to forget that both Houses will most likely be favoring the GOP side and with the Tea-Party and fiscal conservative factions,it will be pro-business and investment.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
I have come to the conclusion that Newt is a con man. I think this quote from Delay sums it up.

�He�s not really a conservative. I mean, he�ll tell you what you want to hear. He has an uncanny ability, sort of like Clinton, to feel your pain and know his audience and speak to his audience and fire them up. But when he was speaker, he was erratic, undisciplined.�

And I don't believe that in the general he would be able to overcome his high negatives. There are too many voters that he would need who flat out hate him.

You caught the Michael Berry show yesterday?

No. I've never heard of Michael Berry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam, it ain't just the left. Coulter recently (tore him up!) and The Hammer yesterday in Houston was not favorable to Newt.

At all.

Beck was ripping on Newt this morning for his Telemundo interview, in which he sounded like a representative for La Raza, was ass kissing the "reporter", and then was shocked when the reporter called him a hypocrite. an embarrassingly bad performance.

and how come Rick Perry got run out of town for being soft on immigration, but Newt came off to the left of Obama on immigration and that's still OK?

he also did the class warfare thing again where he sounds more commie than Obama. having trouble understanding the sudden love for this guy, except as a reflection of the distrust many feel for Romney.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Newt is most likely more liberal than the present administration and that is a "BAD THING" for those of you that can't figure it out

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Newt is most likely more liberal than the present administration

I must call BS on that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Coulter's paramount goal is having Obama removed from office. She simply believes Romney is the one who can garner the voting demographic factions necessary to do so.

Also my paramount goal.

I can't seem to make certain imbeciles understand that neither Mitt nor Newt are the enemy. It is Obama.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
how come Rick Perry got run out of town for being soft on immigration, but Newt came off to the left of Obama on immigration and that's still OK?
Now thats funny grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is no doubt that the onslaught on Gingrich, from the Republican Party, has begun today. Mass media barrages from "conservative" sources are comparing him to Clinton, calling him "mentally unstable", etc.
I guess when you give somebody money, you'll do whatever it takes to get rid of the competition, but there are a few things that will be hard for conservatives to just "wash away".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Sam, it ain't just the left. Coulter recently (tore him up!) and The Hammer yesterday in Houston was not favorable to Newt.

At all.

Beck was ripping on Newt this morning for his Telemundo interview, in which he sounded like a representative for La Raza, was ass kissing the "reporter", and then was shocked when the reporter called him a hypocrite. an embarrassingly bad performance.

and how come Rick Perry got run out of town for being soft on immigration, but Newt came off to the left of Obama on immigration and that's still OK?

he also did the class warfare thing again where he sounds more commie than Obama. having trouble understanding the sudden love for this guy, except as a reflection of the distrust many feel for Romney.

It's not just a mistrust of Romney. Americans don't take well to being told who they have to vote for.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Michael Reagan is being interviewed on Fox in a few minutes to address his father's relationship with Newt. Newt told folks earlier this week to speak with Mike Reagan if they had doubts about his relationship with RR. Fox took him up on it.

Have no idea what the outcome might be.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Romney has the most to lose should Newt take Florida. Hence,the double-barrel shotgunning today going into this evening and the weekend.

If Newt smokes Romney tonight and takes Florida,someone get ready for some fat broad to start singing a famous Don Meredith jingle.

Last edited by isaac; 01/26/12.

William Arthur Ward

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hammer the hell out of G & R, the last one standing is IT, period.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suppose I'd be pulling out all the stops too, if I were the Goldman Sach's type.

Gingrich unloads on Romney, ads, in Florida speech
By BRIAN BAKST, Associated Press � 37 minutes ago

MOUNT DORA, Fla. (AP) � Newt Gingrich on Thursday dramatically ramped up his attacks on Mitt Romney, saying the former Massachusetts governor is guilty of lies, desperation and hypocrisy that should make "every American angry."

Gingrich, the former House speaker, said he was infuriated by a barrage of attack ads that are blistering him on Florida TV stations ahead of Tuesday's GOP presidential primary. Most are funded by an outside organization backing Romney, but some are from Romney's own campaign. Unable to match Romney's money machine, Gingrich implored Florida Republicans to punish his chief rival for what Gingrich called callously dishonest ads.

"This is the desperate last stand of the old order," Gingrich told an outdoor crowd of more than 1,000 northwest of Orlando. "This is the kind of gall they have to think we're so stupid and we're so timid."

The nature and volume of the attack ads are similar to those that badly damaged Gingrich in Iowa a month ago.

"I think all the weight of his negative advertising and all the weight of his dishonesty has hurt us some," Gingrich said. But "I am not going to allow the moneyed interests that are buying those ads to come in here and to come into other states to misinform people and then to think we are too dumb to fight back."

Romney steered clear of his rival during a subsequent campaign appearance.

Gingrich later told reporters he decided to sharpen his criticisms after Romney's tax returns showed investments held in Cayman Island accounts, the government-backed mortgage company Freddie Mac and other entities.

"Here's a guy who owns Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae stock," Gingrich said. "He owns a Goldman Sachs subsidiary, which is foreclosing on Floridians. And on that front he decides to lie about my career? There's something about the hypocrisy that should make every American angry."

Romney has been hammering Gingrich for consulting work he performed for Freddie Mac and telling Florida voters that Gingrich was paid by a company that contributed to the state's poor housing market.

The acerbic remarks came three days after Gingrich took a much more moderate tone in a televised debate in Tampa, when Romney sharpened his own attacks. Gingrich strongly hinted he will be more aggressive in a CNN debate scheduled for Thursday night in Jacksonville.

Romney, meanwhile, toured a Jacksonville factory that is closing because of the economy before he addressed several hundred people gathered outside. He acknowledged that the live audience at Thursday's debate may be fairly raucous, a dynamic that seems to favor Gingrich and his populist, us-against-the-media and us-against-the-establishment style.

"There may be some give and take," Romney said. "That's always fun and entertaining, I know. If you all could get there, we'd love to see you all there cheering."

In his remarks, Romney criticized President Barack Obama and steered clear of Gingrich. He called Obama's administration a "Groundhog Day" presidency in which nothing gets better.

Polls suggest the Florida primary is close, coming 10 days after Gingrich beat Romney by 12 percentage points in South Carolina. Asked if he felt Florida was slipping toward Romney, Gingrich said, "I feel that it's useful for people to look at the totality of his record and ask yourself, 'How can a guy who literally owns stock in a Goldman Sachs investment fund that forecloses on Floridians run the ads he's been running?'"

Goldman Sachs employees and their families contributed $367,200 to Romney's campaign through Sept. 30, his largest source of campaign contributions, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and Texas Rep. Ron Paul also were participating in Thursday's debate, the final one before the GOP presidential primary in Florida on Tuesday. But both candidates have set their sights elsewhere and have largely stayed away from the Romney-Gingrich drama.

Whoever wins Florida will score something no one has yet claimed in a tumultuous primary season: a second victory. The first three contests have been won by three different candidates. Only Paul has yet to score a win.

The hits for Romney and Gingrich were coming from many directions.

The "super" political action committees backing them have spent more than $10 million combined on ads to date in Florida, far more than their respective campaigns. The Romney-leaning Restore Our Future has spent $8.8 million in ads as of late Tuesday, bringing to $14 million the total spent on ads supporting Romney in the state. That doesn't include money already spent on radio and Internet advertising.

As of late Tuesday, the Gingrich-backing Winning Our Future had booked $1.8 million in television ads in Florida, a check made possible by a new donation from Miriam Adelson. She and her husband, Sheldon, this month gave $5 million apiece to the group, which supports Gingrich but legally must remain independent.

Santorum, meanwhile, seemed to be recognizing that he stood almost no chance of winning Florida. He and his advisers planned no advertising in the state and instead were focused on raising money and calling potential supporters in upcoming states. He all but gave up trying to woo a network of pastors and was scaling back his schedule in Florida.

Chuck Laudner, an influential adviser who helped Santorum score an upset victory in the Iowa caucuses, was returning to the Midwest to start piecing together coalitions in Missouri and Minnesota. Both states have media markets that overlap with Iowa, where Santorum proved to be the big story.

Paul, virtually absent from Florida except for appearances built around the debates, was concentrating instead on caucus states where his loyal backers can carry a louder voice.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Michael Reagan is being interviewed on Fox in a few minutes to address his father's relationship with Newt. Newt told folks earlier this week to speak with Mike Reagan if they had doubts about his relationship with RR. Fox took him up on it.

Since we're not a monarchy, I really don't care what a deceased president's children think about current politicians, or their recollections of what their daddy said thirty years ago about somebody.

Newt said what he said about Reagan, that's a matter of record. Newt is and always has been in this thing for Newt, not for Reagan or anybody else. Just Newt.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gingrich or Romney...what a sad sad joke...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Michael Reagan just told Megyn that sausage making is not a pretty process.

It is the end results that count.

Like President Reagan and the Cold War.

Speaker Gingrich and all that he accomplished.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Since we're not a monarchy, I really don't care what a deceased president's children think about current politicians, or their recollections of what their daddy said thirty years ago about somebody.

Newt said what he said about Reagan, that's a matter of record. Newt is and always has been in this thing for Newt, not for Reagan or anybody else. Just Newt.
Sounds about like all the guys on that stage....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Santorum just told Megyn that he is going home after tonight�s debate.

But not dropping out of the race.

Seems that Paul is doing the same thing.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,963
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.