Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cast10K Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I'm not exactly drooling over the Remmy 770's at my local Gander Mountain... anyone know of a looney-oriented shop in reasonable driving distance?

HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slims stock shop, he's a good friend of my great uncle, best stock maker around that area hands down, but he deals in high end guns as well. He may be semi retired by now, but id look him up.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well if you're drooling over 770's, gander mt is probably your best bet. Check Fleet Farm too.

Where you driving from? Capra's in Blaine is a great spot. The best gun shop I've ever been to is in Minnetonka, called The Gun Stop.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Frontiersman in SLP is a very nice gunshop.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Frontiersman at 394 and Louisiana. Outdoorsman in Hopkins.

Wolfs Den in Hugo.

Better yet Ahlmans in Morristown (35 south to Faribault then ten miles west and a mile and a half north).

Bestest of all, Puglisi in Gary (pugsguns.com).

Shame on nsaqam for missing his corner gun shop even if it ain't Minneapolis. People need to get out of the cities.

Last edited by MILES58; 01/31/12.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles is right.

Puglisi's Gun Emporium is indeed a very nice shop.

I'm gonna have to take a trip to Ahlmans sometime oon.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There is a good shop in spicer. ( can't remember the name) and I think Hutchinson has a pretty decent gun shop as well. If you drive further north I've done well with reeds in walker and glens army navy in grand rapids. The corner store in Backus isn't as big but always has something interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Miles is right.Puglisi's Gun Emporium is indeed a very nice shop.

He's my Dad's 2nd cousin I believe, been in there a few times and have scene a few things he doesn't show many people $$$$

Originally Posted by Bigbuck_12
There is a good shop in spicer.

Spicer is getting a ways away, but it's Mel's Sport shot and he does or can have some pretty fair deals.

Life is just one damned thing after another
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm going to be hitting the shops in a couple weeks.

Frontiersman in St. Louis Park was always good.

There use to be a shop in downtown Hopkins

The Gun Stop near Minnetonka

I would take the drive south and hit Ahlmans and Cabelas.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cal74

He's my Dad's 2nd cousin I believe, been in there a few times and have scene a few things he doesn't show many people $$$$

One time I was in there with my wife and the salesman opens a fitted case with a pair of O/U shotguns in it that went over six figures each. Well over. My wife just about got me booted out of the look but don't touch side permanently when she passed out.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MILES58

One time I was in there with my wife and the salesman opens a fitted case with a pair of O/U shotguns in it that went over six figures each. Well over. My wife just about got me booted out of the look but don't touch side permanently when she passed out.

When I first started getting into guns (10-12 years old) my dad took me in there to introduce me and say Hi.

Takes us back in the fault and handed me some double rifle he'd just acquired, have no idea what it was but remember something like 200,000+ thousand being the price.

Probably the last time I'll ever touch anything like that again frown

Should really stop back in there with my dad next time I'm up there so I can appreciate things a little bit more.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really miss Jack. His shop in Gary new duluth was as good as it gets. Lots of really NICE GUNS. I visited for a long time with Jack 2 years ago as I don't get back there much. Went to college in Duluth and Jack and I shot trap thru the late 60's and the early 70's, we had a lot of fun and drank a bunch of Spumante, He always kept a cooler full of bottles in the back of his convertible. Hopefully his son will be able to keep it going.

Last edited by boatammo; 01/31/12.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Bestest of all, Puglisi in Gary (pugsguns.com).

Shame on nsaqam for missing his corner gun shop even if it ain't Minneapolis. People need to get out of the cities.

Ya know what? I lived in Duluth for 22 years and I never set foot into that shop until last year to buy my dad a .22lr. My dad lived less than 5 miles from it for the last 17 years. It always looked like it was closed up. Boy did I screw up for not going in there. Millions of dollars of guns in that place, especially if you got to go in the back room. My Pa told me Old Man Puglisi died recently.

Last edited by tzone; 01/31/12.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

He walked out of there the day I was in the main office. I caught a glimpse of the bar and saw a few exotics on the wall in there. I asked if I could go take a quick look...he was hesitant. Said he had a few "clients" coming in a while. He let me in the bar and my jaw dropped. It was beautiful. He then brought a set of keys and said "might as well show you this too," and opened the vault doors to the "money room". I was literally speachless. My dad couldn't care less what he was looking at. Shotguns in the high 5 figures and rifles close to the same...many of them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jack was not old man Puglisi depending on Your generation. Jacl still holds all the wisconsin rushing records he was a bull.
Played for the falcons but just wasn't mean enough. Beat every one of the purple people peaple eaters in arm wrestling in the old Duluth arena ewven Ed White who at that time was the nfl champ. Interesting guy to walk into a steel worker bar with( You never had to worry) Lots of good stories. At the time I was the better trapshooter but was short on money, something Jack was not. It was a ball. Tis better to be a has been then a never was.

MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hart Brother's Weaponry in Albert Lee is worth the stop if'n a guy's that far south.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Frontiersman at 394 and Louisiana. Outdoorsman in Hopkins.

Those use to be my favorite two...

however I date back to when the Frontiersman was on Hwy 12 and Louisiana.. in "St Jewish Park"... and the other side of Hwy 12 was Golden Valley...

use to be a nice one, small but well stocked in Montecello, and one I can't remember the name of on Hwy 55 just west of County Rd 18...now Rte 169...bought my 3 Browning A Bolts there..

bought a few guns at Fleet and Farm when they opened up in Osseo... I guess Technically Brooklyn Park...

My 444 Marlin Came from there...back in 1981 for $219 cash on the barrel!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Gunstop in Minnetonka on Excelisior Blvd. is a good one, along with the others mentioned.
Ahlmans is good when going south, good stop before you get to Cabelas I usaully hit both when I'm done that way, I have come up with some good buys at Ahlmans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
My Pa told me Old Man Puglisi died recently.

That's too bad, I'll have to ask my Dad about it sometime.

From the comments that have been posted on here, I'm guessing a few people will detour out of there way if they're up in that area and take a peek.

I need to get back sometime as well

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you can get in that bar/back room, it's worth the price in gas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 21 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,627
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.