Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Know this has most likely been cover before so excuse me for asking .Like to hear the good and bad on the little hi-point carbines in 9-40-45's they really ain't my speed but kind'a cool and thinking about getting one for the fun of it and maybe home protection for the mrs. (more accurate for her than a pistol)oklets have it the good and bad and which cal. and why ?

Last edited by ldholton; 01/22/12.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard nothing but good things about them as far as reliability and "fun factor". Only real complaint is the small magazine capacity. They are not the prettiest girls on the block, but they sure do work well (from what I hear).

Beretta also makes the CX4 Storm carbine rifle, those are pretty cool IMO too, but much more expensive than the HP.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I had a 9mm one about 10 years ago. I could hit pop cans at 100yds. Very reliable, very ugly. The only thing I did not like was how the stock was made. When you shot it, it would seperate and yank out the wiskers from your beard if you had one.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I thought they were junk too... then found some folks that bought them. Worth more than the looks for sure!!!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
one can never claim pride of ownership with a HiPoint, but the dang ugly things do work.

Sam......

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
They do work and there are other stocks out there that make them look and perform better IMO. I would go with the 45 acp, as it works so well from my Thompson at reasonable ranges. It is pretty accurate when shot from the hip at 20-25 yds.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
what are ya shooting from the hip? How do you aim that? Laser?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Buy a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm that accepts Glock mags. Pick up some 33 rd mags and don't look back. The Kel Tec cost more, but it's worth it. They shoot nice and fold in half for easy storage (a little over 16" when folded). I bought an 8 pack of 33rd mags from The Sportsmans Guide for a little under $90. The mags can be had in singles for about $15. I bought my Kel Tec for around $325 and love it.

I know some guys that have bought the High Point and have had good luck reliability wise with the rifle itself. Accuracy not so much. Also lots of magazine failures.

Just my opinion though. Good luck either way.

�When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.�

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
one can never claim pride of ownership with a HiPoint, but the dang ugly things do work.

I agree my friend has one someone gave him, it was so ugly I put a bag over it when I was shooting it, but the thing worked and amazingly shot a group of some sort close to the bullseye at 70 yards with WW white box 9mm. The group was big but they were all on an 10 x 10 square.... whistle

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My teenage son got one for Christmas last year as a "fun gun". It is that for sure. We haven't run a ton of rounds through it, but it has yet to hiccup. I'll vouch for the beard pinching stock though. Not a problem for him yet. It was $225 new. Another $40 bought two extra magazines and a nifty stock mounted holder for them. Pretty, no. Functional, yes. Economical, definitely.

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I had one, it was reliable and fairly accurate for an open sighted carbine. If you could get a reliable 20 or 30 rounder for it it would be a useful little weapon.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Funny, accuracy wise, the ones I've seen folks buy and shoot, have been easy accurate enough to kill armadillos out to 100 yards. I was flat amazed by that.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I own a Kel tec sub2k .40 now and have owned a HiPoint 9mm carbine with the railed hand guard and I was freaking accurate. The cool part about the Kel tec is the Glock magazine, very useful if you have both a Glock and a Kel tec. Anyways you will be happy either way, very fun little guns. I wouldn't put them first in line in a entry team stack but very fun none the less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 19 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,434
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.