Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
UUUMMM?

Life is a terminal condition.

A reformed any thing, or a fanatic of any flavor, is generally obnoxious. Yes you!

I smoke, the guy next door drives like the world is a Nascar track, and texts at the same time. I know a guy that rock climbs, he's fallen twice.

Iknow idiots that jog several miles per day, ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! SUCKING IN TRAFFIC EXHAUST!

My point, ain't no one perfect. Some think they are.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Take a knee
A "body of research", like the "studies" that tell us Lipitor will prevent heart attacks, cholesterol causes heart attacks and other bogus BS that real scientists have analyzed and found so many confounding variables as to render the "study" (which really isn't a study in the first place) meaningless.

Healthy, fit people are the problem? You are nuts Mac.

Even if your example of Lipitor were correct, one example doesn't prove all science is bogus. You don't like the results of the science, but you offer nothing but your opinion as a counter.

Originally Posted by Take a knee
This country is facing an absolute explosion of adult-onset diabetes that is directly attributable to the US diet. Public health officials are sounding the alarm now that caring for these people will bankrupt this nation. They'll say your "study" is FOS as well.

You still don't get it. If these same people were fit and didn't develop diabetes most would eventually develop cancer or Alzheimer's or some other disease that would cost even more to treat. Sorry you can't accept the simple fact that decline and death is inevitable, and people who don't die young from something die old from something and have higher lifetime healthcare costs.

It's not my study as you want to imply, it's many studies done in many countries over many years. Here's a study from Candida that reference many other studies. Give me a link to the studies that support your position or concede the point. Just claiming it's not so and calling it BS only shows your ignorance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
They'll also use more electricity, need housing for longer (cause they'll live longer), eat more meals, need an auto for longer, etc, etc.

Yes, the longer people live the more they eat and the more electricity and housing the use. The difference is this thing we call Medicare that pays for healthcare when a person becomes 65-years old. Thus, for most people, they continue to pay for their own food, electricity and housing, but society picks up the tab for much of their medical care.

Also, if you look at the increase costs of food, electricity and housing over time they are far less than the increase in healthcare costs.

THEY WILL ALSO BE MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE THEIR ENTIRE LIVES.

But not as a percentage of their lifetime, which is what counts. Someone who dies at 60 from a heart attack likely spent 42 of their 60 years working, which is 70% of their lifetime. Someone who dies of cancer at 80, may have spent 52 years working, but that's just 65% of their lifetime. Overall, the person who died at 60 spent more days being productive than being a burden than did the person who lived to 80.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I see Mac is out of treatment and expounding on his usual bullcrap. Not all research is bogus but there is a growing body of it that has a political agenda firmly rooted in its conclusion. Mac won't admit it cause he is undoubtedly connected to it and therefore does not want to admit to the failures of science nor cutoff the flow of grant money.

The fact is that some researchers cannot leave their political hats out of the equation and hide behind their personal agendas.
Rachel Carson, with Silent Spring, was the first glaring example of this. It continues today with the mother of all hoaxes, man made global warming.

There is no doubt in my mind that we haven't heard the end of the "toxic sugar" study. Anything coming from California is highly suspicious. Add to that a political factor with millions of dollars at stake and I'd say we have another scientific scandal on the horizon.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I see Mac is expounding on something that is fairly hidden yet in Obamacare. "Death panels" are within the pages of Obamas' utopian state. Patients are labelled "units" and if your too old for expensive care, you will be directed to "comfort care".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jigman222
My guess is the "health nut" probably has no problem paying for these things himself as well. Who is more likely to leach off the middle class? A phat [bleep] or someone in control of their life?

By leach off the middle class I expect you mean the government pays. Well, then nearly everyone 65 and older who uses healthcare is a leach. Even people who could afford to pay let Medicare pay because most people feel they paid into the system and earned the benefit. Study after study shows that smokers and the "phat [bleep]" use less of those Medicare dollars in their lifetime than heath nuts do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I see Mac is out of treatment and expounding on his usual bullcrap. Not all research is bogus but there is a growing body of it that has a political agenda firmly rooted in its conclusion. Mac won't admit it cause he is undoubtedly connected to it and therefore does not want to admit to the failures of science nor cutoff the flow of grant money.

The fact is that some researchers cannot leave their political hats out of the equation and hide behind their personal agendas.
Rachel Carson, with Silent Spring, was the first glaring example of this. It continues today with the mother of all hoaxes, man made global warming.

There is no doubt in my mind that we haven't heard the end of the "toxic sugar" study. Anything coming from California is highly suspicious. Add to that a political factor with millions of dollars at stake and I'd say we have another scientific scandal on the horizon.

As usual you don't have the courage to address me directly. Listing a bunch of straw men examples doesn't negate the studies I cited, which if you were paying attention you would see run counter to Obamacare, not in support of it. Obama used the false premises that promoting healthy living would reduce the cost of healthcare for seniors, but just the opposite is true. If you are an Obama supporter, then I can see way you argue against the science.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I see Mac is expounding on something that is fairly hidden yet in Obamacare. "Death panels" are within the pages of Obamas' utopian state. Patients are labelled "units" and if your too old for expensive care, you will be directed to "comfort care".

At least we can agree on that. If people don't shorten their own lives by unhealthy living the government will have to shorten their lives by limited medical care.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How about studies that look at lifestyle and healthcare costs? Your links all look at the relationship between age and healthcare cost.

They also make a very compelling argument for the purchase of long-term care insurance if you plan to live long.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree with TAK on the Paleo diet.

Something that has not been mentioned is that one of the worst things you can do is buy "low fat" foods. Most processed low fat foods do not taste as good as their full fat counterparts (duh) so the food processing industry just adds more sugar to offset the loss of fat. The concept of staying on the outside of the grocery store is a good one.

The liberals who suggest more government regulation for sugar are nanny state idiots. However in the long run we need to watch them all carefully because a lot of them are working to demonize the consumption of meat. Just look at the number of celebs who claim to be vegans.

Don't think it can happen? Suppose 20 years ago I told you we would have gay marrage - many would have said I was crazy/paranoid. Watch out for the anti-meat crowd.

Last edited by silver78; 02/04/12.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Beware ALL "Nannyistas". They are drunk with arrogance and self righteousness and

FULLY unable to think outside the trough.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by silver78

The liberals who suggest more government regulation for sugar are nanny state idiots. However in the long run we need to watch them all carefully because a lot of them are working to demonize the consumption of meat. Just look at the number of celebs who claim to be vegans.
Watch out for the anti-meat crowd.

I took a college nutrition course over 20yr ago. I distinctly remember a profound anti-meat bias in the textbook. The author pontificated about how many resources were "wasted" by the average American's "excessive" meat consumption. The text argued for only 30 grams of protein daily, that is just enough to stave off kwashiorkor, but will result in complete metabolic derangement and lead to all manner of chronic illness.

I'll bet the author is an Obama fan, probably has a good fedgov job these days.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
Well said TAK. I'm gonna drink a beer for you tonight.

And I'm going to drink another one for ironbender. [bleep] it, another one for TRH as well.

Travis

I'm glad you're stopping at three Travis. Go for a run first.

I did sir. Got a half marathon for St. Patty's.

Travis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tak Gets it! Good luck in the Half deflave. I may try one again later in the fall.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll take my chances .....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

dhg Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This story was extensively covered in our media, but even the public health nazis agreed there was no reason put a tax on high sugar foods here at the moment, as sugar consumption has been falling here since the '50s. We rather salt with our fat instead!

The natural selection process won't work - it only works if it stops you before you get around to breeding. My observation is that the high sugar diet folks are outbreeding the low sugar diet-types. And the seem to start as teenagers, just to make sure they produce enough progeny before their diabetes gets 'em.

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DoeDumper
Tak Gets it! Good luck in the Half deflave. I may try one again later in the fall.

Thanks. You too.

Travis

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 257_X_50, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 55 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,111
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.