Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
check this story out.
bloomburg tv ad

6.5mm's rock

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no....because every time the buffoons push gun control in a high profile forum, they remind people of what's at stake in 2012. This issue is a dead loser for the democrats, which is why they're tip toed around it since 1994.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
from the article:
"We have someone who's dedicated his life to protecting all of us, who has had a much too close brush with death tonight because of what appears to be an illegal gun," Bloomberg told a news conference. He added that more Americans have been killed by illegal guns since 1968 than were killed in World War II.

Note his repeated use of the word 'illegal'. So why is he doing his best to get rid of LEGAL guns as well? It's pretty clear that his illegal gun jargon is a lie. He clearly wants to get make ALL guns illegal and get rid of all of them.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
exactly, what is the definition of an "illegal" gun?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that's what their focus groups tell them to call them. for the same reason they use the word "safety" all the time.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hadn't heard about this. I was thinking of boycotting the game just because Madonna was the halftime entertainment. Didn't want to see my lunch twice...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And the use of legal automobiles has resulted in the deaths of 4.5 times the number of Americans killed in WW II over the same 1968 - 2010 time period. One can play with long time frames and numbers to reach any number of ill founded conclusions.

Furthermore, considering that 425,000 were killed in 45 months in WW II (with presumably legal guns)versus those killed by "illegal" guns in 516 months, maybe he should focus his attention on those megalomaniacs that are prone to start World Wars

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
thanks Bloomberg! This is what we need to piss off the populace before this year's election. And yet there still are apologists on here stating that the Magic Muslim does not want to push gun control

I wonder if Muchelle will appear in a public service announcement warning Superbowl viewers of the evils of ingesting fatty wings, chips and beer too.

Has an American president ever alienated the populace as much as Brobama?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
that's what their focus groups tell them to call them. for the same reason they use the word "safety" all the time.
And for the same reason the networks refer to semi-autos as assault weapons.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
every single person who goes on a shooting spree or commits any other crime with a firearm is using an "illegal" gun, since its illegal to use a firearm to commit a crime..... and regardless of the law, those kinds of people will continue to commit those kinds of crimes.

I'd like to see how many people have been SAVED due to having guns in the same time frame.
the comparison would show that NOT owning/using a gun can be hazardous to your health. and by carrying a firearm your chances of survival increase exponentially.

Police officers carry guns, not to "take out the bad guys", but to defend themselves if need be. I have never seen anywhere written that LEOs are supposed to use their guns offensively to apprehend perps. they are way more likely to be in a situation that would require them to defend themselves, yet they still have that right. since we aren't as likely why does that mean we can't? If I chose not to carry, I would think I would feel better knowing someone else might, and can save my ass should the crap hit the fan and I'm caught in the middle. thankfully I'm not that naive and take care of me and mine.

the mindset of liberals is baffling.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Hadn't heard about this. I was thinking of boycotting the game just because Madonna was the halftime entertainment. Didn't want to see my lunch twice..."

Roger that.

I WILL watch the game.
I WILL laff at Bloomburg.
I WILL - as usual - boycott the halftime slut. (I happily missed J. Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"/tit wave; I just love TV zappers!)

Next question? ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fugg the Stupid Bowl! I'll be out with my setter-pack, quail hunting.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce β€œThe Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be out with a rifle chugging around calling dogs. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boomtube

I WILL - as usual - boycott the halftime slut. (I happily missed J. Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"/tit wave; I just love TV zappers!)

Next question? ...

Sluts are ok!!!

Last edited by byc; 02/04/12.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
every single person who goes on a shooting spree or commits any other crime with a firearm is using an "illegal" gun, since its illegal to use a firearm to commit a crime..... and regardless of the law, those kinds of people will continue to commit those kinds of crimes.

I'd like to see how many people have been SAVED due to having guns in the same time frame.
the comparison would show that NOT owning/using a gun can be hazardous to your health. and by carrying a firearm your chances of survival increase exponentially.

Police officers carry guns, not to "take out the bad guys", but to defend themselves if need be. I have never seen anywhere written that LEOs are supposed to use their guns offensively to apprehend perps. they are way more likely to be in a situation that would require them to defend themselves, yet they still have that right. since we aren't as likely why does that mean we can't? If I chose not to carry, I would think I would feel better knowing someone else might, and can save my ass should the crap hit the fan and I'm caught in the middle. thankfully I'm not that naive and take care of me and mine.

the mindset of liberals is baffling.

The gun still is not illegal unless it was an NFA controlled one that is not registered the first place IMHO, it is the ACT that is illegal, not the tool.

And YES! The liberal mindset is one of the great mysteries of life to me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Watch and later e-mail the TV station and network that you do not appreciate such ads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Super what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by byc
exactly, what is the definition of an "illegal" gun?

Illegal guns are the ones that Bloomberg's agents bought for him in Virginia during one of his self-styled southern sting operations. He had to negotiate his sorry ass out of an indictment from the Commonwealth of Virginia's Attorney General. His playing around in VA caused several undercover operations to be blown, and put VA undercover LEO's in serious danger. Bloomberg is an idiot of the Jimmy Carter class.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bloomburg is an [bleep]! I agree that we should contact the station and the NFL and tell them that we don't like their anti 2A commercials.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.