-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uh guys a 275 Rigby is a 7x57 Mauser. Ruger made a fair # of #1s and 77s in that caliber. In fact I have a "one of one" 7x57 77 roundtip, almost new with a factory (employee rifle) fiddleback maple stock for sale.

"The cartridge was originally designed by Mauser of Germany in 1892. It is also often referred to as the 7 mm Mauser cartridge, and in the U.K. it is commonly called the .275 Rigby. By whatever name one wants to use, the cartridge originally featured a 175-grain bullet of modern design over enough smokeless powder to drive it to slightly more than 2,300 f.p.s. In the last years of the 19th century, the accuracy and the power of this new Mauser cartridge were widely acknowledged."

The Cooper shown is no 7x57, looks more like a 22 RF.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by interthem
Uh guys a 275 Rigby is a 7x57 Mauser. Ruger made a fair # of #1s and 77s in that caliber. In fact I have a "one of one" 7x57 77 roundtip, almost new with a factory (employee rifle) fiddleback maple stock for sale.

"The cartridge was originally designed by Mauser of Germany in 1892. It is also often referred to as the 7 mm Mauser cartridge, and in the U.K. it is commonly called the .275 Rigby. By whatever name one wants to use, the cartridge originally featured a 175-grain bullet of modern design over enough smokeless powder to drive it to slightly more than 2,300 f.p.s. In the last years of the 19th century, the accuracy and the power of this new Mauser cartridge were widely acknowledged."

F*ck off, Larry. Your bitch ass can't afford it either way and no one gives a f*ck about your imaginary guns and collection of Airsofts.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

the Cooper is a 22 lr, shown only for the wood as its the same as we hope to have on the #1-A. The 7x57 is, of course, a 275 Rigby, however, these rifles will be marked 275 Rigby(that's the 'cool' part)

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta

the Cooper is a 22 lr, shown only for the wood as its the same as we hope to have on the #1-A. The 7x57 is, of course, a 275 Rigby, however, these rifles will be marked 275 Rigby(that's the 'cool' part)
The dickhead to whom you're wasting your time responding is Larry Root aka Oldman1942 aka BossLady aka mtdorarider aka pipercolt aka redwolves aka JawnHenry and many, many others. He has been flat ass booted from this forum a dozen or so times and counting. He is not a potential buyer of these rifles or any rifles, has no opinion of any value on any subject and is only deserving of the most vile and basest scorn possible. Do not waste your time or energy explaining any of the finer points of this rifle to the likes of Larry.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
BT, You are likely correct about the yahoo. Try killing them with kindness, it drives them crazy!

Intertherm, Thank you so much for the information. I'm sure that few of the "gun nuts" whom frequent this forum had any idea what a .275 Rigby is (it is only something over 100 years old)and that the Cooper shown is a rimfire. jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, it is odd that so many of these "expert gun nuts" were wishing for a rifle Ruger has already made in both the #1 and 77.

As for brickhead, the 10,000 dollar bet is still on the table and we will remind you of it come June.

Top one is a 275 Rigby #1 residing in the gun safe in WY. Want to up the bet to 20K brickhead ?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it is odd that so many of these "expert gun nuts" were wishing for a rifle Ruger has already made in both the #1 and 77.

As for brickhead, the 10,000 dollar bet is still on the table and we will remind you of it come June.

Top one is a 275 Rigby #1 residing in the gun safe in WY. Want to up the bet to 20K brickhead ?

[Linked Image]

Wonder who's rifles these really are?

Larry has been known to steal pictures off of other sites and presenting these as his own.

Been caught several times.

He simply has no respect for the private property of others as evidenced by the pic stealing and even more so by his repeated defying of the wishes of Rick Bin that Larry leave his site.

Larry Root is simply a despicable human being.
Maybe it's not his fault, perhaps it was caused by the same mental disorder which so obviously affects all other aspects of his multiple personalities.

Here comes the invite to WY where Larry will show me what the Castle Doctrine is all about. After he sics his dogs on me.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]
We don't need to wait until June, [bleep]. Let's do it right now.

Oh, and whose f*cking guns ARE those you're claiming to own?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
He simply has no respect for the private property of others as evidenced by the pic stealing and even more so by his repeated defying of the wishes of Rick Bin that Larry leave his site.

Larry Root is simply a despicable human being.
Maybe it's not his fault, perhaps it was caused by the same mental disorder which so obviously affects all other aspects of his multiple personalities.
And he certainly knows how to stink up a room.

I always enjoy when he admits that yes, he is Larry, but he's "not" Larry when he posts.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jt402
BT, You are likely correct about the yahoo. Try killing them with kindness, it drives them crazy!
Already tried that, but like herpes, Larry just doesn't go away. And unlike herpes, Larry just can't be contained.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
I wonder if there will be any left over for the lwr 48? I'd rather not have sights on them, but I'd likely take one anyway.... smile

GH

Ditto what Grasshopper said! I would much rather have one naked, but I will take one either way.

Gee, I had NOOOO idea I already HAVE two .275 Rigbys crazy, good thing Larry Root clued me in to that! cool

By the way, hasn't that top rifle been presented as another caliber before? I was thinking that it had, but maybe not...

How many orders will you need for this special run, and how do I lock one down?

Thank you,
Todd

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy
How many orders will you need for this special run, and how do I lock one down?

Thank you,
Todd

We have ordered enough to get the order done, we are just waiting for our wood sample to be approved. Once we hear from that, we'll start taking orders. Orders will be shipped from FFL in WA.

Last edited by SakoAlberta; 02/05/12.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SakoAlta

Are you importing to Canada as well? If so I would like a spot on the list. I am a previous customer of a 303 and a 7mm RSI as well as a CZ 550.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
pardon the novice in the room...can someone post a pic of a 1A

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chas05
pardon the novice in the room...can someone post a pic of a 1A
The pictures posted by Oldmanasslickerinterthem are of 1As.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know BT as a "process engineer" you would think basic English comprehension would be among your skill set. Obviously not the case in your case. As we have told you BEFORE, Larry is in FL until June and all his guns are locked in my safes.
When he return in June we will be contacting you to come and see that all the guns he says are his are in fact just that. We'll see if you show up with the $10,000.00..... odds at the club are not running in your favor.

Have to send Larry's #1 to Turnbull to get it restamped 275 Rigby. Doubtless will then be worth a fortune,,,,,,,

See you in the Spring. your pal, Roger

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know BT as a "process engineer" you would think basic English comprehension would be among your skill set. Obviously not the case in your case. As we have told you BEFORE, Larry is in FL until June and all his guns are locked in my safes.
When he return in June we will be contacting you to come and see that all the guns he says are his are in fact just that. We'll see if you show up with the $10,000.00..... odds at the club are not running in your favor.

Have to send Larry's #1 to Turnbull to get it restamped 275 Rigby. Doubtless will then be worth a fortune,,,,,,,

See you in the Spring. your pal, Roger
Ah yes, once again we get a post from Larry claiming that he isn't always "Larry."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell, almost be worth to meet Larry, Duane & Roger...

[Linked Image]

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.