-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Loggah.... That rifle is what we all dream to own!!! Nice Find !

Great Rifle in your already Great collection!!!

3stars

"Deer Camp... how can you not like this place?!?"
Is it November 15th yet???
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Loggah
Rory, The barrel is 28" long , and the bore looks real nice!!!! but i will not shoot this rifle ,the wood grain ,which is beautiful,thru the wrist does not really have a lot of strength there,conventional wisdom has most all of the heavy, curl in the buttstock,and straighter grain in the wrist for strength. I would be real pissed to take this rifle out and shoot it and have a two piece stock in my hands. davidcondon.com is his webmail, his description of this rifle was not quite accurate ,word to the wise. Don

Aha, had my 28" 1899B rat sitting here and thought they looked the same.

Sweet!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RAS
To tell you the truth, the dealer comes across as an a$$hole to me and others, and with that I dont do any business with him no matter what he is selling.

Easy decision.

Over the years I have found a lot of these guys are like a garlic milkshake sick and many times I have bitten my tongue (when it is something really fabulous). Keeping the eye on the prize....

L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
I changed out the rear sight,i knew the other one wasn't right, i also added the Tang sight, the wood behind the tang had been chipped once ,so i put the tang sight on to make sure the chip would never fall out !!! The seller neglected to tell me about the chip !!! mad mad, He said he would give me my money back , after i reamed him out!!!!! i said i would rather keep it and badmouth him for not being up front !!!!!!! the rifle was to rare a version to send back over a chip. Don

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny story about this guy. He likes to wear a Marine Corps hat. I asked him if her served and he told me that he did a 4 year stint and then long lectured me on the ways of the Corps. About 90% of it was BS, but I listened quietly. When he was done, I mentioned that I have been serving in the Corps for 15 years, and in two combat zones. Then he got that look on his face that is kind of hard to describe, but lets say made him a little uncomfortable. Wasnt lecturing me too much after that.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

C
C
Still a treasure to have and hold. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the details of the rifle and transaction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wanted that rifle myself but the timing was all wrong for me. I have way too much on my plate right now.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Roger, This one and your Birdseye rifle would have made a awesome pair !! smile Don

D
DGF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm a sucker for nice wood. Great find Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Loggah
Roger, This one and your Birdseye rifle would have made a awesome pair !! smile Don

su-PERB rifle there Don ,

with all those degrees of rarerity,what does that make it RRRRRaaaRREEEEE??rare on steroids,,just love that wood

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for sharing Don! really a nice addition to the "vault". You can't help but love the rifle.
BillR

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.