Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sounds like remington must be building their new guns like they're building marlins now. thats a shame. i would keep sending that thing back until it came back perfect. i've never had an 1100 but lots of 870's. in my experience you should not have to force or apply force, to put a barrel on.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, it is really to bad. I've always been a Remington guy. That goes way back to 1966 when I bought my first Remington. It was a M700, .222 mag. with a Herters scope. Bought it for $140 from an Amishman with my lawn mowing money. I still have that gun, and of all the guns in my safe, that would be the very last one I'd ever sell. Lot of memories behind that gun. I bought my first Remington shotgun (870, 12 ga. pump) in 1971 when I got out of the service. Sadly, they just don't make them like they use to. I have 11 870's and 4 1100's and those older guns are made far better than the newer ones. That old 870 action is as smooth as butter, but the newer ones act like they have sand in the action. It seems folks today just want to make as many as they can, as fast as they can, just to make the dollar. It is obvious that there was very little, if any, quality control here. It is apparent that they don't assemble or test fire their guns before they leave the factory. They'll probably say that there is to much time and expense in all of that. Well, THERE SHOULD BE! This lack of workmanship and quality control will come around and bite you in the behind.
And, yes, you're right! One shouldn't have to use much effort to put a barrel on an 1100 or 870. Sure you have to careful and make sure the barrel is lined up with the receiver, as to make sure it isn't binding or twisting, but putting on an 1100 or 870 barrel isn't exactly brain surgery.
I also know that these guns are mechanical items, and like anything, things can go wrong. Be it a car, bicycle, gun, dishwasher, lawnmower, or whatever. Things happen.
But after this bad experience with getting not one, but two m1100's that were defective, it doesn't make me eager to run right out and buy another Remington. And that's sad and hard for me to say, cuz I've always been a huge fan of Remington firearms. I've had to send other firearms back to the factory for work, but only once before, have I ever had to send anything back to Remington. A few years ago, I noticed a crack on the pistol grip of a fairly new 20 ga. 870. After contacting Remington, I was advised to send the stock in. Within 10 days I received a brand new stock in the mail with a beautiful, screamin piece of wood. No charge. And that's the way it should be. That is the only time, (until now) that I've ever had to send anything back to Remington. It wasn't anything major, and they took care of it. As stated, in the past, I have had to send guns from Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Thompson Center, and Beretta back for repairs and shotty work. In all cases, things were taken care of and then returned to me. Like I said, things happen, as they are mechanical devices.
There are so many other gun companys out there, and they offer tons of options of different makes and models. Today, if someone isn't satisfied with the quality of a particular firearm, they'll just go buy one from someone else. With all the competition out there with all the various firearms companys, you'd think gun companys would strive to make their guns the best that they can be, so consumers don't abandon them and jump over to some other gun company.
In the end here, I feel confident that the problem with my 1100 will be taken care of by Remington, and I'll eventually have a proper functioning m1100 (I hope) that I'll be happy and satisfied with. That said, if the gun would of been made right the first time, and checked before it left the factory, I wouldn't of had to go through all of this frustration. For anyone who does shotty work, cuts corners, and is more concerned with quanity than quality, just remember, "what goes around, comes around". Every gun company should be very much aware of that.

Last edited by hunter01; 02/10/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing wrong with new Remingtons and there never has been.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swampman1

Oh really? It is clear you haven't seen the last two (new in the box) M1100's I've received.. If you define "nothing wrong", as having a cracked forearm, jamming, damaging fired, ejected hulls, 'nothing wrong', then sure, 'nothing wrong'.

U r such an azz..

Now, back to 'ignore' for you... tata jerk.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hunter01
BTW you spell your: Y O U R, not Y O U. And newbies is plural, not possessive. Can't you read?

Oh, spelling police, where are you now...? whistle laugh

Yes, it is really to bad.

...like they use to.

...there is to much time...

...you have to careful...

...shotty work.

...gun companys...

...firearms companys,...

...if the gun would of been made...

...I wouldn't of had to go through...

....shotty work,...

...quanity than quality,...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swampman1

Oh really? It is clear you haven't seen the last two (new in the box) M1100's I've received.. If you define "nothing wrong", as having a cracked forearm, jamming, damaging fired, ejected hulls, 'nothing wrong', then sure, 'nothing wrong'.

U r such an azz..

Now, back to 'ignore' for you... tata jerk.

As all have mentioned, forcing things can really [bleep] them up.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't know about forcing (verb) things, because I never force (verb) anything. I do, however, sometimes use force (noun) on things. There is a difference.

Hope that verb/noun thing didn't go over your head and confuse you again. It is easy to see you can be easily confused. It is because you're just not to smart...Maybe have Warm Beer (aka coldbear) help explain it to you. No, no, sorry, that's not a good idea either. He's even more stupid than you are..You'll just have to try to figure it out for yourself.. Good luck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All I know is you [bleep] up your gun and you don't want to take the blame. "I've never had any respect for a man that could only spell a word one way"~Mark Twain~

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
" Any person who thinks putting shells in a gun and firing it, is '[bleep] it up', is a fool and an azzhole". ~Hunter01~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You said you forced the barrel on, cracked the foreend, and then it wouldn't function properly. Which is it?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey azzhole, go back and read (if you can?) my very first post. All can see what a liar you are. It clearly says it took much force (that's used as a noun azzhole not a verb) to get the barrel on. It also says the forearm was damaged when it was taken out of the box. The more you speak, the more you show the whole world what a frickin azz you really are, so keep talking. You're the one looking like the fool here. It is clear you are trying to twist things around. Not going to happen dufus. My first post shows what a twisted liar you are. Don't be late for your Special Ed. classes on Monday. Be sure to spend extra time on your reading comprehension assignment. So far you're getting an F.

P.S. Show me the quote where I said I "forced the barrel on, and I cracked the forearm". Come on, show me. I challenge you. Come on, show me.. Go ahead. I want you see you post my quote where I said that. Won't happen, will it? Cuz I didn't say that. YOU LIE!

You are a sick man!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm still waiting. Come on, show me....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Swampdog, I'm back. I just took a shower and came back to the puter to check for your post. You're kinda quiet tonight aren't you. Cat got your tongue? Puter broke? Still waiting for you to post my words you said I wrote. I understand. Kinda humbles you to have your azz handed to you on the world wide web, doesn't it? You should learn not to lie like that on the web. Kinda makes you look like a fool when you say someone said something, then the whole world can go back and see what a fool and a liar your are. Yep, kinda humbling. Well, you ask for it.. And you got it....You are such a puppet. It was so easy to push your little buttons and make you react. So predictable. Such a little puppet. I'm done with you now. Thanks for falling into my trap, and playing my fun little games. It was so much fun. Thanks again. Please don't take this defeat to badly.. You'll get over it. Bye, bye now.. (:

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can not understand why a hunter/safety instructor would unpackage an unfamiliar firearm and even though he could see that the barrel was made so it would not go on the gun proceed to assemble the firearm with great force and then load it up and fire it.

Like oats through a horses ass, so are the days of my life
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I could see that in the making of the barrel, it was made so it wouldn't allow the barrel to go on the gun. Told AGAIN to 'send it back' I fussed with the barrel and finally, with much force, was able to get the barrel to go on.

So you could see it was defective, along with being told to send it back. However you decided to jam it on anyway and then shot it?

That snap you just heard was the trap going off.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Oh, and don't bother waisting your time responding in your typical negative ways, cuz, you're all going on MY ignore list..Ta, ta, children.

BTW, I happen to have it on good authority that I'm *not* on your Ignore list... cool

Told ya... laugh grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
so much bitching

Model 7's FOR LIFE
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We found a Bricktop relative in Ohio.

Doc

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was thinking the same but Brickie was 1) briefer in his rants and 2) usually right. I see Brickie has taken the edge off the last few months so there's hope...

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Swampdog, I'm back. I just took a shower and came back to the puter to check for your post. You're kinda quiet tonight aren't you. Cat got your tongue? Puter broke? Still waiting for you to post my words you said I wrote. I understand. Kinda humbles you to have your azz handed to you on the world wide web, doesn't it? You should learn not to lie like that on the web. Kinda makes you look like a fool when you say someone said something, then the whole world can go back and see what a fool and a liar your are. Yep, kinda humbling. Well, you ask for it.. And you got it....You are such a puppet. It was so easy to push your little buttons and make you react. So predictable. Such a little puppet. I'm done with you now. Thanks for falling into my trap, and playing my fun little games. It was so much fun. Thanks again. Please don't take this defeat to badly.. You'll get over it. Bye, bye now.. (:

Does your vagina hurt? Please don't work on anymore guns. Stick to knitting or bowling.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1badf350, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 40 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,294
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.