Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well after a lot of heartache and heartburn for that matter, and with a lot of member consults I ended up with a brand new KP1. I found one at a small local sports shop. It has been sitting there for a 1-3 years, and even though it isn't everything I wanted I sure love the feel. It does not have a thumbhole, it does not have a speed breach, in fact it isn't even what I wanted, yet it was.

It is a KP1 Stainless with a 30-06 Stainless barrel, in Next Gen 1 camo. Well I couldn't pass it up, see he told me he would make me a good deal and not to pay attention to the price tag because he had on display for a very long time, in fact he wasn't quite sure how long, and nobody has give it a second look. So with that in mind I decided to play the game a little.

It wasn't much of anything that I wanted so I did have the upper hand, but I would take a Knight KP1 hands down for a good price! In fact I had just ordered a T/C Encore Pro Hunter for $750, however they were bringing it up to this store anyway because it wouldn't sell down at the other store across the state, so with that said it was about to be scheduled to move anyway. SO I had to Friday to find a better deal or end up with it, which would have been fine anyway.

Anyway, I told him I might be interested if it was a good price, but told him he had to give me a straight up low price first. Well he came in at $500, and I talked him down another 10 bucks. So a total of $490 plus tax brought it up to $526.

So I had him call Knight and find out how much a barrel and forearm is and he came back with $35 for the forearm and $200 for the .50 cal barrel (plus tax). So my first question is this, can I find a better deal and where on these and what else I need to get-r-done to the ML.

I don't mind having an 30-06 and in stainless which seems hard to find, but I really wanted a muzzle loader in .50 cal.

[Linked Image]

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That a great deal I think On the knight . Not much on them newer Tc to much trouble with mine never own a nother when CVA will do with no trouble an half the cost

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are going to love it. Get some Black horn and some Hornaday slugs. Rock on!

Denny

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guessing that one will shoot. Remember a ram rod to go along with the barrel and forearm.
I'd go right to Barnes or Harvester Scorpion PT Gold for bullets.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by FVA
Guessing that one will shoot. Remember a ram rod to go along with the barrel and forearm.

Barrel kit for Knight KP1 Muzzleloader. Includes standard aluminum ram rod.

Myself I would have went for this one on GB.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272246762

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well that is the same thing just in ML, besides I don't have a FFL anyway so i had to go to a retailer. So is there places I can get the forearm and barrel other then going back? Oh and mine has a small switch like lock on the forearm that you simply slide sideways about 1/8" and it comes off. I saw some on line and they look more like a screw mounted type, is that the older models or what?

Also, what about the Bloodline bullets, opinions????

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You know the saying, Theres a sucker born every day whistle

Last edited by bigblock455; 02/08/12.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
Well that is the same thing just in ML, besides I don't have a FFL anyway so i had to go to a retailer. So is there places I can get the forearm and barrel other then going back? Oh and mine has a small switch like lock on the forearm that you simply slide sideways about 1/8" and it comes off. I saw some on line and they look more like a screw mounted type, is that the older models or what?

You should look again, that has both a 243win and the ML barrel and forearms for both at a great price as to what you paid for yours. As far as the FFL goes all you need to do is have it shipped to someone that holds a FFL and pick it up from them, pay them a small fee for their trouble and paperwork that has to be done.

Also, what about the Bloodline bullets, opinions????

Too much $$$$$$$$$

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Ahhhhhhh

Oh well.....LOL.....I'll have to talk to them next time. My old neighbor used to deal and I could get anything for a 12 back, but his wife died and he went on the road and with the FFL fee's so much he decided to give it up.

But where can I get the ML .50 and forearm for cheap?

Also need a good 1X DOT scope, opinions?

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Are you referring to the trigger group and firing pin problems or the blow back problem and the fact there not Bh209 friendly or something else? crazy

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I didn't know that about the KP1 not being BH209 friendly.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A worth while read for the OP. BH 209 didn't seem to give any issues.
http://randywakeman.com/KnightKP1review.htm

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd add to the OP that the barrel/forearm from his dealer seems reasonably priced. I'd just go with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by builder
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Are you referring to the trigger group and firing pin problems or the blow back problem and the fact there not Bh209 friendly or something else? crazy

I don't know what you talking about. The trigger is far better than a Encore. I've had no firing pin issues, and no blow back.

Obviously if you don't own one, you shouldn't be qualified to be an expert. Just my $.02.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FVA

If you go with the Barnes, go with the easy load ones. I tried some of the spitfire, and couldn't even load it.

Denny

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks guys!

Well can someone clear this up for me? I called Knight and the sales lady stated that the .50 cal SS ML barrel is 26", however their site states it is only 24". I think the 24" is a typo and they meant 26"?

That was one great read FVA! Thanks VERY much as it answered a few questions I had about the KP1.

Does anyone even use the "Red Jackets" on these anyway, or was that just an opinion?

And I wanted to use BH 209 (100 grain) and Nosler 250 (about) grain regular hollow points to start out, or use Pyrodex 100 Grains powder? I also have the Barnes factory about 30 miles away as well.....:)

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You would be ahead of the game to never foul your barrel with anything other than BH209.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never used the red jackets. I just went and measured my ML barrel it is 27 1/2 end to end. So I'm guessing 26 is right! If you take out the breach plug. grin

Last edited by Whelenman; 02/10/12.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks guys!

Well can someone clear this up for me? I called Knight and the sales lady stated that the .50 cal SS ML barrel is 26", however their site states it is only 24". I think the 24" is a typo and they meant 26"?

The ML Barrels for these are 26" just as stated on their site, you must of read something else.

Here's the page, pick the Details Tab:

http://www.knightrifles.com/kp1-muzzleloader-barrel-kit-MP1BKSML/

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yea I read it in their 2011 catalog downloaded from their own site, but I also looked at the on line store and it does say 26", as well as the sales lady. Not to mention an actual measurement thanks Wheleman.

Ok, so I guess I'm going to call the gun store I bought it from and order the barrel/ram rod, forearm, and regular breech without the disks. Now to see if Leopold sales anything that will fit. According to their site they have nothing, regardless I got to get some for a DOT 1X scope or 1" Nikon 1X scope. Seen some around, but I would like a good set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.