Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I bought a M1100 .410 skeet gun a couple of weeks ago. I bought it on GunBroker, and after a terrible time getting it delivered, I was met with great disappointment when I found that the forearm was damaged. It was sent back, and about two weeks later I received another gun. I was again frustrated to find that the barrel wouldn't go on the gun. 'Oh, come on now, enough is enough.' I could see that in the making of the barrel, it was made so it wouldn't allow the barrel to go on the gun. Told AGAIN to 'send it back' I fussed with the barrel and finally, with much force, was able to get the barrel to go on. Having the barrel on, finally, I was eager to fire my new gun. I loaded it up with five shells and prepared for my first firings. Well, the gun jammed about the 3rd shot, and some of the ejected shells are split from being ripped out of the chamber. On top of that, the external chokes tubes, (I tried 3 of them) became loose after ONLY two shots. This is dangerous, and shouldn't happen. One should NOT have to always be checking to see if their choke tubes are loose ever two or three shots. The gun continued to jam about 6 more times over the firing of about two boxes of shells. Now, I find myself checking and tightening the choke tubes after every two shots. I've been a Remington guy all my life. I have tons of 870's, 700's, 1100's and others, but after this terrible experience, I will NEVER AGAIN buy another Remington gun. It is a sad day when a gun company turns out such a terrible piece of crap like this m1100... A sad day!

Last edited by hunter01; 02/08/12.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Couple questions.. Were these new or used shotguns? Was this a dealer on GB or a private party? Why did you force a barrel on a receiver, ( with much force... ) Are you sure it's the proper barrel for that action?

Re: choke tubes - Is this the Tournament Skeet? In any case, EXT choke tubes frequently work loose on most guns. When on the trap line I check mine after each station during the switch (SKB O/U).. Most of the time they're tight, but a few times I note a quarter-turn is needed to bring 'em back to the seat..

If you want to keep 'em in place (at least for a few days) apply a couple drops of blue locktite..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
First off, don't twist my words around to make it sound like I 'forced' anything on this gun.. I said I got the barrel to go on "with much force". The barrel went on hard with the use of "much force", much effort, much pressure, much energy, call it what you want, but don't say I FORCED anything with this gun. I'd never force ANYTHING on ANY firearm. So don't make it sound like I took a hammer to it and 'FORCED' anything. Yes, the gun is new. It was bought off of GB from a place in Arizona, and tracking actually shows, both guns, came out of a warehouse in Minnesota. Yes, it is a tournament skeet with grade 4, beautiful wood, with external chokes. I thought about using locktite on the tubes, but then I thought, "I shouldn't have to do this to a gun". I shoot a ton of trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc. and have guns I shoot with external chokes. I always check my tubes whether they are internal or external, and only on a rare occasion will I EVER find a choke tube a little loose. Plus a new gun should NOT misfire and damage the ejected hulls like this gun does. A loose choke tube can be dangerous and cause and accident/injury. I'm a hunter safety instructor, and I have a choke tube that was destroyed because it was loose in the barrel. I use it as an example, passing it around the class, as to what can happen if the choke tube isn't screwed in all the way. I own over 20 other Remington shotguns and rifles. I've always been a die hard Remington guy, but this experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the quality of their current line of firearms.

Last edited by hunter01; 02/08/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter01
First off, don't twist my words around to make it sound like I 'forced' anything on this gun..

I wouldn't say Redneck twisted anything around, I read it same as he and first question I pondered was why was there an attempt to press the issue when the barrel didn't smoothly go into place.

Maybe you didn't mean what you wrote but write it you did.

I fussed with the barrel and finally, with much force, was able to get the barrel to go on.

Was this a "NEW" gun or a previously owned, used gun?

Was there any signs of "Bubba Gun Work" on the firearm when you received it?

Why not send it back to the buyer for refund if received in such poor shape?

Did you check the gas ports in the barrel?

Is the chamber smooth and without gumming, light rust, fouling?

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
....I fussed with the barrel and finally, with much force, was able to get the barrel to go on.

I read it the same as everybody else... whistle

I've been a Remington guy all my life. I have tons of 870's, 700's, 1100's and others, but after this terrible experience, I will NEVER AGAIN buy another Remington gun. It is a sad day when a gun company turns out such a terrible piece of crap like this m1100... A sad day!

A bit much in the drama department there.

I'm sure there are plenty of other manufacturers out there willing to take your money, and equally sure that Remington won't miss your bitchin' and whining. crazy

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Hey Bud, Redneck was just trying to help.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
First, if you shoot more than a little choke tubes will come loose. Unless you neglect them to the point they lock-up. Seen it happen on the best, so doubtful that Remington will be immune. Checking them on a regular basis should be second nature, especially for one who shoots a ton of trap, skeet and sporting clays. Surprising a HSI should find that, well surprising.

Thinking you should take you own advise to the newbie's?

I'm a hunter safety instructor, and I have a choke tube that was destroyed because it was loose in the barrel. I use it as an example, passing it around the class, as to what can happen if the choke tube isn't screwed in all the way.

Sounds like you have a lemon and deservedly so.

Last edited by battue; 02/09/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Yes, I was..

But I'll make a note to never, EVER, attempt to help this dude again... Easy to do in this case - he just got put on ignore.. HOpe the next shotgun he gets makes this one look like the finest Perazzi every built..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First off, don't twist my words around to make it sound like I 'forced' anything on this gun.. I said I got the barrel to go on "with much force". The barrel went on hard with the use of "much force", much effort, much pressure, much energy, call it what you want, but don't say I FORCED anything with this gun. I'd never force ANYTHING on ANY firearm. So don't make it sound like I took a hammer to it and 'FORCED' anything.

Yeah, but did you force it?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a loose nut between the trigger and the recoil pad. I'll keep buying Remingtons with this ringing endorsment.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
"Thinking you should take (you) own advice to the (newbie's)". That's the most ridiculous, assinine statement I've ever heard. BTW you spell your: Y O U R, not Y O U. And newbies is plural, not possessive. Can't you read? Weren't you listening? What is this post, a huge conglomeration and collection of negative, pessimistic, hypocritical, misinterpreting, brain dead, azzholes. Sure sounds like it to me. You said I should take my own advice I give about the choke tubes. Well, you azz, what the hell do you think I was doing when I told you I was checking the tubes every two shots or so??? GOD! Another case in here of more misinterpretions and twisting around words on the written page. I just came in here to express my situation with the quality of the TWO M1100 .410 shotguns I just received. Redneck, (oh how sooo fitting) twists my words around, suggesting I 'forced' something on my gun. NOT, and I just posted back to him, making it clear that, I didn't force anything. Then he says he was just trying to help. Well, first off, I didn't ask for his, or anyone else's, help. Then he wishes me bad luck with my next firearm. He's just a mean, sick person incapable of discerning words off of a written page, like so many others in this post. Folks in here just aren't listening. They hear and interupt what they want to. Well, Ladys, you really should all pay attention. I understand, however, you're all to busy being negative, closed minded, unobjective azzholes, and that keeps you from being objective, open minded, positive gentlemen, WHICH YOU AREN'T! COLD BORE, must of drinking a 'cold beer' when he read my post. He doesn't like my 'drama', as if I care, when I describe my frustration of receiving two new guns, both of which are either broken, jam, damage hulls, and have choke tubes becoming loose. He thinks I'm 'bitchin and whining' when I state my dissatisfaction with the quality and function of the two Remington firearms I've received. And I'm not justified to be upset about that??? And he thinks I'm 'bitchin and whining' when I post my situation. He may be to passive and whimpy to complain about the two inferior shotguns I received, but I'm not. And I don't know anyone else (Warm Beer, excluded) who WOULDN'T be upset when confronted with the same situation. I paid well over $1000.00 for this 'NEW' gun, and what did I get? An inferior, jamming, piece of crap.
If I lift a heavy load, and say, 'I did it using much force", did I force it? If I 'used much force' to open a jar of pickles, did I 'force' it? If I 'used much force' to open the heavy barn door, did I force it?? NOT! But, according to you azzholes, yes. It is all about paying attention to what you're reading, girls, and open to one's interruptation.
So to Swampman1 who thinks there may be "a loose nut behind the trigger", Cold Beer, who thinks I'm "bitchin and whining" about my troubles with my NEW gun, Battue, who thinks I should practice what I preach to my hunter safety students, (even though I clearly stated that I was), and suggests and wishes than my gun be a lemon, and Redneck,who thinks he heard me say I was 'forcing' something on my gun, and he was 'just' trying to help, (even though I never asked for his help), and has put me on ignore,(guess he showed me. NOT!), yes to all you negative, mean, condescending, hypocritical, know it alls.., go take a long walk off a short pier, and kiss my azz. Oh, and don't bother waisting your time responding in your typical negative ways, cuz, you're all going on MY ignore list..Ta, ta, children.

Grow up and go do something good for someone today. If you're capable... Now, have a good day! (:

Last edited by hunter01; 02/09/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you screwed up the gun by forcing the barrel on (your words) and it's Remington's fault?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You never cease to amaze me Azzhole. Manufacturing more lies. And show me where I said I screwed up the barrel. And show me where I said, "I forced the barrel on." Mistaking things again. What an azzhole.. bite me! Grow up, girl!

Like someone once said: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" To late for you and the other fools in here...

You're a sick man!

Last edited by hunter01; 02/09/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You have to be careful forcing things. If you haven't voided your warranty already Remingtion will probably bail you out again. Just sent it back or send it to me. I'll have it running in 5 minutes. Oh and stop working on guns.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hunter,

What's with the multiple capitalization of words mid-sentence? You learn that while you were getting your english major?

Hunting/safety instructor? Hoping you can correct the newbies gun handling errors without subconsciously displaying a few of your own. We all know kids often learn by example. Hint.

"May the force be with you". You're going to need it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Redneck, (oh how sooo fitting) twists my words around, suggesting I 'forced' something on my gun.

The only person who didn't interpret your words as meaning you "forced" the barrel onto the gun is the person who wrote it. You might want to take a deep breath and think about that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
His problem-should I use capitals for problem-is that he jumped on Redneck, who just happens to be one of the good guys here, who was obviously trying to help. Makes no difference if he asked for help or not. It's the way this place works. You mention a problem or difficulty and you should expect someone to offer assistance. When it comes to rifles and shotguns, he got one of the experts and then proceeded to go off on him.

Right move? I could say "not", however that would tell us something. grin

Then he contradicts himself re: choke tubes. First he says this and manages to glaringly combine it with yet another capitalization error and a spelling mistake. Dang I wanted to say AND, but grammar takes precedence.

Should be every and not ever. wink

One should NOT have to always be checking to see if their choke tubes are loose ever two or three shots.

Then we get the hunter/shooing instructor line where he tells his students the importance of doing so.

Of course we or at least I am on ignore from one of the newest internet gun forum experts. laugh

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
This is just toooo easy.... whistle

BTW you spell your: Y O U R, not Y O U. And newbies is plural, not possessive. Can't you read?

Then.....

What is this post, a huge conglomeration and collection of negative, pessimistic, hypocritical, misinterpreting, brain dead, azzholes.

...making it clear that, I didn't force anything.

...interupt....

Well, Ladys, ...

you're all to busy...

COLD BORE, must of drinking a 'cold beer'...

...both of which are either broken, jam, damage hulls, and have choke tubes becoming loose.

And I'm not justified to be upset...

He may be to passive and whimpy...

...and say, 'I did it using much force",...

...did I force it?? NOT!

...and open to one's interruptation.

and Redneck,who...

...don't bother waisting your time...

Spelling, grammar, punctuation, context, format, you name it.

And I'm sure I missed a few.

Be very careful of critiquing others when you go on to absolutely blow it yourself. eek laugh

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Oh, and don't bother waisting your time responding in your typical negative ways, cuz, you're all going on MY ignore list..Ta, ta, children.

BTW, I happen to have it on good authority that I'm *not* on your Ignore list... cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Yes, I was..

But I'll make a note to never, EVER, attempt to help this dude again... Easy to do in this case - he just got put on ignore.. HOpe the next shotgun he gets makes this one look like the finest Perazzi every built..

Way to go dumbazz, there is lots of knowledge here and Redneck is top of the heap for bout 99% of it, not exactly the guy ya want to piss on when he's trying to help. Go dry off you're mittens and quit being a baby.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 57 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.