Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Alex Roy at Euro-Optic for me - great guy & great deals!!!

+1

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have bought from Bear Basin, SWFA & Natchez....all have been just fine in terms of service and on time shipping etc.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
CLNY is getting in my pocket pretty regular now. Best supplier Ive ever used. I used to buy from Natchez but it seemed like their shipping rates were as high as the actual scope I was buying at the time.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've purchased several riflescopes and a spotter over the last 10-12 years from Bear Basin. I only had a problem once, and it wasn't their fault, the UPS tracking said the scope got here and it hadn't. Called Bear Basin, they sent another one which showed up on schedule.

I don't know what their business/pricing model is but it apparently works well enough too keep them in business.

Dale

This space for rent

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wow, lots of responses here. Thanks for sharing. I've bought at CLNY, SWFA and Optics Planet, and my opinion is that CLNY gives a person the best overall deal. Their people, the products/prices, and the way they stand behind them impresses me. I also like the fact that I'm dealing with someone who exposes themselves to us regularly here on the Campfire...I trust them.
I was just curious about the other places because I've heard some reviews on them that made me cautious, and curious. Thanks again.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. My only problem with Cameraland (well, besides the amount of money I give them smile ) is the fact they don't carry Leupold. I understand why they don't. But that sure would make them a one stop shopping nirvana. (And yes, I do realize Rick sells Leupy at the Outfitter's Gear Shop.)

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
YesSirawesome to deal with!

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have purchased from Bear Basin, Optics Planet and CameralandNY. SWFA hasn't gotten any of my $ yet as having to pay TX sales tax usually takes them out of the game for me. All my experiences with the others have been positive but Doug and the guys at CLNY go above and beyond when it comes to service. They also pass along savings they get on any discounted optics to the customer to a much greater extent than any other optics retailer I am familiar with. They have earned a lifelong customer in me.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have purchased from Bear Basin, Optics Planet and CameralandNY. SWFA hasn't gotten any of my $ yet as having to pay TX sales tax usually takes them out of the game for me. All my experiences with the others have been positive but Doug and the guys at CLNY go above and beyond when it comes to service. They also pass along savings they get on any discounted optics to the customer to a much greater extent than any other optics retailer I am familiar with. They have earned a lifelong customer in me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
CAMERALAND ALL DA WAY! Best customer service I have experienced and I buy a lot of high end optics...

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have used Bear Basin and the catalog guys,however, the last 8 optic purchases for me have been from Cameraland.
GreggH

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I've bought from SWFA with only a ring-fit problem that was corrected soon, and a n.i.s. item that never came long after the promised date. Cameraland just gave me a good year-end closeout deal on scope. Lately have been quite happy with www.brunoshooters.com; good prices, but no "free" shipping.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have purchased 4 of the VX1 shotgun scopes in 1-4x20mm from Cabelas and with sale prices and coupon codes have done very well from a pricing standpoint. Haven't used the companies mentioned here, but know of them.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I haven't delt with Camera Land for optics yet mainly because I've bought Leupold scopes. IIRC I did order a camera several years ago from them. When dealing with SWFA I've found it's best to order over the phone so you can ask "is it in stock?" to avoid long waits. I've delt with Bear Basin. I didn't know about Camera Land when I ordered binoculars. frown

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Used them all-

All good. Usually boils down to price and/or free shipping.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

This guy sold me a NEW Sako 85 Finnlite for $750! I sent him pictures of the bear I got with it that fall, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. I am eager to try to give him my business.

LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alex at Euro-Optic gave me a great price on my Meopta. Great guy and real easy to work with.

Of course we all know about Camera Land and Doug. Nothing bad to be said, only good.

Bear Basin is OK. They charged me $50 to ship UPS ground and a $5 packaging fee on one of their clearance scopes. Seems pretty high on shipping and the stupid nickel and dime stuff turns me off from buying from them again.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Interesting, I just got a good deal from them on a demo model and their shipping charge was around $5 IIRC.

Just checked the invoice--$3.95.

Last edited by smokepole; 02/10/12.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Thanks. I've read some bad reviews of Optics Planet and SWFA, but I can find bad reviews on about anything. I was just wondering what some people here may have to say.

That about sums it up...

Different web sites have different sponsors...if you ever have a problem with services or a product, knowing which web site to visit & pm'ing the sponsor via that web site will generally get you "super service"... cool

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have bought from Bear Basin and SWFA. Both were good to work with and it was good experience with fair prices. That said, I have purchased the last several from CameralandNY. Absolutely terrific company to deal with they are.

FH

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,979
Posts18,480,890
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.