Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TSX is the best.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Either will kill anything that [bleep] thru a meat ass. Personally, I'd grab 180 or 200 Partitions�. my 2 cents

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by seeemmiss
Accubond may not open up as designed once is slows down under 2600. That bullet is bonded and needs velocity to work correctly.

Where do you guys come from? Go out and shoot some schit with AccuBonds, and report back...

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Research the bc's. I had a super accurate load with a 6mm 85 grain sierra @ 2900fps.
I did a ballistics program on wind deflection & drop from 100-300 yards. I was absolutely shocked at the difference of the sierra and other bullets.
Practice shooting in the wind with different loads from one hill to another to get a feel for how the wind can come from all different directions. The AB's have a good bc and would be my choice. I think with AB's the kill design & high bc, the only other type I would try is a berger VLD, AMax, Barnes Triple Shock, etc.
I use a Leupy Boone & Crockett that has distance and wind crosshair that helps me a lot.
Good Luck!

Youtube:
The complete idiots guide to atheism.
The Four Horseman. Discussions with Richard Dawkins
God Is Not Great. Christopher Hitchens
Do not fear education.
S
S
Originally Posted by yukonal
Accubond may not open up as designed once is slows down under 2600. That bullet is bonded and needs velocity to work correctly.

Where do you guys come from? Go out and shoot some schit with AccuBonds, and report back...

I mean a 22lr will kill them but the original post is not about killing. It is about which one we "opinion" think is better and "we" think the Game King is better in a heavy bullet at long distances when velocities begin to decrease.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 444Matt
For elk hunting, long range say 300-600yds 30-06 24" barrel 2700 fps

Looking at the 200gr Sierra GameKing and 200gr .
Nosler Accubond.

Which would pick assuming both shot equally out of your rifle.

Thanks

Sounds like he has plans on killing to me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I mean a 22lr will kill them but the original post is not about killing. It is about which one we "opinion" think is better and "we" think the Game King is better in a heavy bullet at long distances when velocities begin to decrease.

I'm referring to your stupidity about AccuBonds not opening up below 2600. Nothing else.

Your opinion about who make a good hunting bullet is just that, your opinion. But don't start posting bullet performance ideas that you don't know schit about. Use them, kill a bunch of game with them (like a bunch of us here have), then come back and tell us they won't open below 2600 fps.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

S
S
Well aren't you just a grown up!! Does it hurt you so much to think that your opinion and mine are different. Never said it would not open, said it would not open properly. Call Nolser and ask them if more speed causes more expantion. Might want to calm down a bit. It is just opinions, not building nukes here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accubond may not open up as designed once is slows down under 2600. That bullet is bonded and needs velocity to work correctly. If you are going heavy go with Partition or Gamking. Light and fast, go with Accubond.

Sir,
I assure you the AB need a lower expanding initiation velocity than the partition and the TTSX.
If your theory of the AB not expanding at less than 2600 fps holds water, then that would mean that the 30-06 with 180 accubonds ay 2700 fps MV has a max range of 125 yards--(limited by the bullet).

Really? Think about that.

Here you go.

AB at 200 300 800 and 100 yards.

http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=16492

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your opinion and mine are different. Never said it would not open, said it would not open properly. It is just opinions.

That's the difference between keyboard hunters like yourself, and hunters like me, and some others here on the board. I don't voice my opinions about something I know nothing about. I have actual experience in the field, killing big game animals with these bullets. I see first hand what they do, and how they perform.

Again, if you don't have actual experience with Accubond bullets, keep your opinion to yourself until you actually kill enough animals with them to formulate an EDUCATED opinion.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fotis--those two at 800 didn't look like they opened up properly. grin Just my opinion.

Any idea what the impact velocity was at 800?

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

S
S
Ok let me make it simple for you. If you hit a brick wall at five miles per hour, the damage to to other side of the wall is not as great as if you hit the wall at 60 miles per hour. Also, you car will not peal back quite as much as if you hit the wall at 60 miles per hour. Now what caused the damage to the wall and the car? I say impact. Now what caused the damage to be great at 60 mph than at 5 mph? I say velocity. Please UNDERSTAND that I love the Accubond bullet, the Partition bullet, and kinda like the Game King. If you chose to go back and look, I only stated that the Accubond did not open to full potential at a lower velosity. It is designed to go fast unlike say a Match King bullet which does not perform very well inside a thick skined animal (kinda comes apart and may not penetrate to well). In a 30-06 with 180 grain bullet, my "opinion" is the Accubond is too tuff of a bullet to get the full potential at say 400 or 500 yards. You just can't get it to go fast enough. Check out the video on the Barnes Bullet website where they are check for bullet expantion at different velocities. It opens up at low speeds but not as much as the ones at a higher velocity. Not trying to change anyone's mind. Just using my experience to give an opinion. I don't think I have earned the right to be called stupid because I do not agree with say a bullet guru. Dang!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Where's Nroth Georgia?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fotis--those two at 800 didn't look like they opened up properly. grin Just my opinion.

Any idea what the impact velocity was at 800?

1860 @800
1600 @1000

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok let me make it simple for you. If you hit a brick wall at five miles per hour, the damage to to other side of the wall is not as great as if you hit the wall at 60 miles per hour. Also, you car will not peal back quite as much as if you hit the wall at 60 miles per hour. Now what caused the damage to the wall and the car? I say impact. Now what caused the damage to be great at 60 mph than at 5 mph? I say velocity. Please UNDERSTAND that I love the Accubond bullet, the Partition bullet, and kinda like the Game King. If you chose to go back and look, I only stated that the Accubond did not open to full potential at a lower velosity. It is designed to go fast unlike say a Match King bullet which does not perform very well inside a thick skined animal (kinda comes apart and may not penetrate to well). In a 30-06 with 180 grain bullet, my "opinion" is the Accubond is too tuff of a bullet to get the full potential at say 400 or 500 yards. You just can't get it to go fast enough. Check out the video on the Barnes Bullet website where they are check for bullet expantion at different velocities. It opens up at low speeds but not as much as the ones at a higher velocity. Not trying to change anyone's mind. Just using my experience to give an opinion. I don't think I have earned the right to be called stupid because I do not agree with say a bullet guru. Dang!!

I personally never did that..... for the record

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Accubond.aspx

Please scroll down to the velocity vs expansion chart.

PS the accubond opens up 200 fps lower than the Partition.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Accubond may not open up as designed once is slows down under 2600.

The 110 AccuBombs I shoot in my 6.8 leave the barrel at 2600. Pretty sure they slow down after that.

The two dozen 150-250# hogs I killed with them at 100-200 yards last year would tell you they open up just fine...if they could talk.

I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

S
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Where's Nroth Georgia?
Originally Posted by ingwe
Where's Nroth Georgia?

Right below southwestern montucky.

As for the rest of you know it alls, I can't wait until I am such a successful and knowledgeable that I have cronies on the net that after I brag on myself, they chime in to brag on me also. What a bunch of kids you guys are. I mean really, all you have to do is say you disagree and move on. But noooo. You guys feel the need to discourage adult conversation and feel you must bash others opinions of a simple thing like a bullet into the ground. Hope you guys are proud of yourselves. I am sure your mother are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you're taking this too personal.

Some things are indeed a matter of opinion.

Some things are just fact. You can not say that, "It is my opinion that the accubond does not expand under 2600 fps."
That is NOT an opinion. Why? Because then your opinion is indeed disputed by facts from the manufacturer and by others who have used it at longer range and it left a 2" exit wound.

For example!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by "Ridge_Runner"

listen to the man, I ever tell y'all I like accubonds?
[Linked Image]
accubond exit at a range of 702 yards, impact velocity was 2280 fps, now Ive only had one not exit once (wasn't the bullets fault) but out of 39 deer shot with them, from 290 to 1350 yards, all the exits looked about the same depending on resistance that is met, if the shoulder blade isn't hit, the exit is about 1/2 that size, regardless of range or velocity
RR

Now how can you say they do not expand under 2600 fps?

μολὼν λαβέ

S
S
AGAIN, I didn't say they did not expand. I SAID they do not fully expand as designed. Go back and reread if you need to. Not only are you better hunters and more knowledgable in your area that I am down here in keyboard hunter land, the dimes are bigger. Had no idea!! Sooo.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ok..............

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,560
Posts18,531,579
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.