Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey, I would just like to know if he is still around, or did "terrorist-rifle Jim" go away?

I ask this because I had an older guy that has been a huge Zumbo-Mumbo-Jumbo fan call me on it, so I ditrected him to several internet locales, but that got me thinking.....................

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I think he still has a TV show on the Outdoor Chanel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw him at SCI Las Vegas on Feb 4th at the Outdoor Chanel booth

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for the double post!

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 02/13/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He just received the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's Wallace Fennell Pate Wildlife Conservation Award at RMEF's annual convention in Las Vegas earlier this month. Not sure quite what all he did to merit RMEF's highest award, but he got it.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cook Book Zumbo is still around and sneaked back on the Outdoor Channel after the heat died down from his anti gun comments

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sounds about right

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
He did a show with Ted Nugent where he was educated on AR style guns and why they are so wonderful; then his show restarted and has been going ever since.

He did write an apology on how on after a long day he went on a personal tirade on why he didn�t want or need a �black� rifle and it really was his only Opinion and he was sorry for over doing it.

What bothered me was how the gun lobby was so quick to throw one of their own under the bus especially after he had a lifetime of pro gun writings.

Ted
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
REMF doing that, dissed us all.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
To err is human , to forgive divine ! I'm not an AR fan myself , though probably for different reasons than Mr. Zumbo . I also know if we ever concede any ground to the antis it would never stop , evidently Jim hadn't figured that out at that time . Now on another subject . I find it ironic that a draft dodger like Ted Nugent is an authority on ARs . I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda . I have given up my membership in the NRA since they made Ted one of their spokesmen !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by oneoldsap
To err is human , to forgive divine ! I'm not an AR fan myself , though probably for different reasons than Mr. Zumbo . I also know if we ever concede any ground to the antis it would never stop , evidently Jim hadn't figured that out at that time . Now on another subject . I find it ironic that a draft dodger like Ted Nugent is an authority on ARs . I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda . I have given up my membership in the NRA since they made Ted one of their spokesmen !

You going pretty low. Didn't think there is anything lower than Hanoi Jane. She should have been tried as a traitor and shot. I volunteer to be a one man firing squad.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd

You going pretty low. Didn't think there is anything lower than Hanoi Jane. She should have been tried as a traitor and shot. I volunteer to be a one man firing squad.

No way! Given the opportunity, I'd be right at your side.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by old_willys

What bothered me was how the gun lobby was so quick to throw one of their own under the bus especially after he had a lifetime of pro gun writings.

It bothers me too......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dumbo threw us under the bus, remember?

I have not forgotten and won't. It's not a matter of forgiving and forgetting.
It's a matter of facing the consequences of his actions. He was a big name in the industry selling us out. He's not sorry for what he said, he's sorry for getting spanked.

I'll boycott any thing he promotes.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SU35

It's a matter of facing the consequences of his actions. He was a big name in the industry selling us out. He's not sorry for what he said, he's sorry for getting spanked.

You nailed it.........[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is not so hard to understand.

Zumbo has done more writing about and filming of elk hunting than any single hunting rag contributor I know of.

RMEF is an elk hunting and conservation/proliferation foundation -- not a refuge for absoluters on all guns being sacrosanct from any differing opinion. It speaks well for them that they pursued their mission.

I do own an AR, by the way.

1B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35

Zumbo didn't sell me out. He simply opined that he didn't feel assault rifles belonged in the hunting field. I agree with him but then I also live in a state that does not allow semi auto's of any kind for hunting. Not every gun belongs in the woods or fields. An MG42 or a Browning 1919 would certainly have no place in hunting.

Last edited by moosemike; 02/14/12.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
... I place Nugent in the same catagory as Hanoi Jane Fonda . I have given up my membership in the NRA since they made Ted one of their spokesmen !

...Thank you oneoldsap---I deeply appreciate not having people like you in the NRA.
Semper Fi,
Greg

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

You would not be welcome in my camp.

I am amazed the ignorant liberals that show up here.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by moosemike

Not every gun belongs in the woods or fields.

i can sure think of a lot better rifles i'd choose over an MG-42, and for that matter, i dont hunt with AR's much.... but the key there is that i get to choose, not some ignorant band of azzhats that had the money to get themselves elected and who now want to dictate what i can (or cant) use for hunting.

============================================================

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,097
Posts18,483,038
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.