Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/13/o...right-to-keep-arms-but-not-to-bear-them/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/illinois-concealed-carry-_n_1258838.html

http://newsbusters.org/forum/latest-news/sue-myerscough-rules-no-right-bear-arms-outside-home

It would appear that Judge Sue Myerscough believes that the 2A ends at your front door. In her fundamentally flawed ruling in the District Court for the Central District of Illinois, Judge Myerscough states:

The full opinion can be found via pdf here: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/inde...ch&section=attach&attach_id=7582

The Second Amendment Foundation is, of course, appealing this ridiculous ruling. Fortunately, Judge Myerscough's ruling is so incredibly narrow that it will be very easy and on-point for an appeal to overturn her idiocy.

If you're not an SAF member yet, become one. THIS is the schit that SAF fights against (and wins against) in courts all over the country.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I sent them money just last week. I am a life member of the NRA, but believe donations would be better spent with the SAF.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Applaude and cheer the NRA
Send your money to SAF
grin

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A. Female (devoid of logic)
B. democrap

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I damn well am not neither. You watch your mouth there boy.

grin

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm gonna join the SAF, soon as I get back from Starbucks grin

Thanks for the info VA.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect that when decisions such as this reach the Supremes (and some WILL) there may just be a change of heart from Breyer. A guy with US Marshals to protect him (they were off somewhere)and his wife along with 2 guests got robbed at machete point. He learned that ya just can't find a cop when you really really need one. Best yet, he was TRAVELLING as in his vacation home in the Islands. This may have a profound influence on his outlook for future SA decisions.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't familiar with SAF but just did a little research and joined.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And some (included in this thread) still don't see the difference between the parties.

5-4 can become 4-5 or 3-6 if Barry is re-elected. Some naively thought Heller was the final word and that the liberal courts would all bow down and respect it. We've seen several decisions since Heller that show just how much the leftist courts will twist and distort until such time as they can get a Supreme Court in their favor and then there little chance of undoing the damage.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
SAF is doing the job the NRA has been talking about doing for years.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If not for the NRA, there would not have been a Supreme court favorable to Heller.

SAF is able to do things the NRA isn't built to do and the NRA does things the SAF couldn't fathom doing. Instead of trying to pit one against the other, gun owners should recognize that they are two edges of the same sword.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+ 1

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to join the SAF, and upgrade my NRA membership, also.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Scott F
SAF is doing the job the NRA has been talking about doing for years.
That's for sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
The Second Amendment Foundation is, of course, appealing this ridiculous ruling. Fortunately, Judge Myerscough's ruling is so incredibly narrow that it will be very easy and on-point for an appeal to overturn her idiocy.
And that's the problem. There is absolutely no consequence imposed on these activist judges. "Overturned on appeal." Big whoop! mad

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Foxbat
If not for the NRA, there would not have been a Supreme court favorable to Heller.

SAF is able to do things the NRA isn't built to do and the NRA does things the SAF couldn't fathom doing. Instead of trying to pit one against the other, gun owners should recognize that they are two edges of the same sword.
Exactly and there are likely local state specifics group doing very real things that neither group could or would do.
Georgia has one for example. http://georgiacarry.org/ and they are very VERY effective.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
And that's the problem. There is absolutely no consequence for these activist judges. "Overturned on appeal." Big whoop! mad

There's no activism to her ruling. She's technically correct, but has painted her own ruling into such a tight corner that the issue on appeal will be very easily identified.

It's ridiculous in that she refuses to rule on the merits of the case beyond the most clearly defined legal precedent. I.e., she's doing no more than the absolute minimum in the case and not adjudicating the issue before her.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Exactly and there are likely local state specifics group doing very real things that neither group could or would do.
Georgia has one for example. http://georgiacarry.org/ and they are very VERY effective.

Yep, as does Virginia, the Virginia Citizens Defense League: http://vcdl.org/

And, Maryland, Maryland Shall Issue: http://marylandshallissue.org/

I'd suspect most states have such organizations.

Hmmm...

New thread coming up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And that's the problem. There is absolutely no consequence for these activist judges. "Overturned on appeal." Big whoop! mad

There's no activism to her ruling. She's technically correct, but has painted her own ruling into such a tight corner that the issue on appeal will be very easily identified.

It's ridiculous in that she refuses to rule on the merits of the case beyond the most clearly defined legal precedent. I.e., she's doing no more than the absolute minimum in the case and not adjudicating the issue before her.
Not in the letter of the ruling but clearly in the INTENT of it. She's not alone. Again, no consequence to inadequacy or malicious intent from their standpoint though so why not keep on keepin' on?

NRA Lifer

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A. Female (devoid of logic)
B. democrap

....................... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,206
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.