Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
To preserve independence we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. ... �Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a shame and a sad commentary that which was simple common sense not long ago at all can only be viewed as brilliant today. frown

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And yet we continue to vote for and support those who would continue down the road to debt serfdom, because they're more "electable".

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mike762
And yet we continue to vote for and support those who would continue down the road to debt serfdom, because they're more "electable".

Please don't "we" me, good Sir.
Please.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
To preserve independence we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. ... �Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816

What he says is true. It's telling, however, that when he died Jefferson was up to his arse in personal debt and his heirs had to sell virtually everything he owned to pay off that debt, including Monticello. If it hadn't been for his fame and notoriety as a president and founding father he'd have been forclosed upon by his creditors during his lifetime. Maybe a bit of "do as I say not as I do".

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a big mouthy nuisance that seems to have faded into the Septic Tank (good place for him). Tucked tail because of "Impossible to have a dialogue", or some kinda' bizarre equivalent nonsense...Proof the Adams was dead right.....

�It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, who keep on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men�-SAMUEL ADAMS, 1776

You're a good chit in the long run, Sean, not that I've ever been much into long runny chits. laugh

Last edited by crossfireoops; 02/14/12.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Please.

-

Endemic here, these days,....a herd running around with turds in their pockets, but Un "Turd-Like" in final analysis.
Strikes me THAT kinda' talk makes for a softer landing,....but not close to the target zone.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Please.

If you've voted for any of the R candidates since 1988, you're "we".

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK , Mike,....

WTF do YOU suggest ?

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know what mike suggests, but I'm old school.

What should we do with a small minority of Americans that have put on verge of bankruptancy the wealthiest nation the planet has ever witnessed?

All while feathering their own nests quite nicely and those that have the ability to contribute large sums of money to their re-election efforts.

to my way of thinking a horde of hard working Americans numbering in the millions to descend upon DC for a new national holiday deemed "get your politicians minds right"

whereupon those members of Congress and the house are removed of their trousers and marched outside down the rows of folks armed with nothing but switches and spanked soundly on their fat, greedy, unproductive, overspending azzes while the MSM gets something to air on the news that will wake most folks up from their TV dinners.

it's just an idea, don't know if it has any merit or not, but it's a start.

my grandma swore by it, said it helped her turn an ornery little turd into something more resembling a young man she could be proud of.

really a touch of alchemy there, what grandma accomplished with a slender little switch.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I said it before and will restate it for those that need it repeated.
STOP FEEDING them. They will starve. Don't give them your money or your kids. Cockroaches need food to live and so do politicians. They will cease to exist without your help. Such an easy answer but you guys will not heed it. You are not willing to risk your pension check or cell phone or your needed medication or whiskey.
Tomorrow you will be back on here right at the Fire complaining about it.

Jefferson would not be very proud of you guys.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
OK , Mike,....

WTF do YOU suggest ?

GTC

Quit lettin those "in the know" tell you who to vote for in the PRIMARIES... Pick yours...don't sway...let the cards fall where they may. We all agree that the magic one...needs replaced. Don't let the MSM or RINO's pick your other option. If you think the "other" most liberal option is the best...STFU....concise enough?

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
OK , Mike,....

WTF do YOU suggest ?

GTC

Quit lettin those "in the know" tell you who to vote for in the PRIMARIES... Pick yours...don't sway...let the cards fall where they may. We all agree that the magic one...needs replaced. Don't let the MSM or RINO's pick your other option. If you think the "other" most liberal option is the best...STFU....concise enough?

That's some GOOD advice, we really need that here in Arizona, all of our recent "Political /Legislative ACTIVITY" has just been limp di$ked, and totally weak kneed boredom. Chit, it's hard to stay awake,....

I'll jump right on it !

GTC

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
OK , Mike,....

WTF do YOU suggest ?

GTC

That's some GOOD advice, we really need that here in Arizona, all of our recent "Political /Legislative ACTIVITY" has just been limp di$ked, and totally weak kneed boredom. Chit, it's hard to stay awake,....

I'll jump right on it !

GTC

I never implied AZ was doing anything otherwise...or you. Actually AZ has become the proving ground of conservatism...Americanism. Well... as soon as you rid yourselves of McCain.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Never forget they also put the Goldwater and Nappy curse on the good citizens of the USofA. Make no mistake they intend to take the rest of us down with them. The current ruse is just that and don't forget it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
And don't forget they also threw up Gabby in the process. The fools they are think these people are the very best. LMAO smile

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't re or quote me you AK child molester

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just telling you something you did not know before. Don't take no wooden nickles from the border people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Man, I should have started using this ignore feature a long time ago. Silence is truly golden. smirk

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That old Bastid IS an embarrassment, and a surviving example of most all that's been WRONG.

As far as these "Republicans" go,....I just posted an article adjacent by the fellow outlined and bio'd here, in some fairly raw and unedited text

I reckon I'd let the "Hanging" slide,....but would damn sure have to agree with most of the rest of what's said about Dubya here. The ossified old hacks have seized on our Tea party phenomena like a swarm of drowning rats, ....one good reason why the disenchanted FOUNDERS of it are laying a bit low, angry and JADED by the same old chit.

"Dr. Rapacki has capsulized this nightmare as well as anyone I've seen. There were many insightful Americans who saw this coming before anybody else in the 1990s - George Putnam, Terry Anderson, Pat Buchanan to name a few.
But the national voice in opposition became quite evident under the criminal administration of George W. Bush, the father of illegal immigration. Bush turned traitor and did more than anyone else to encourage and embolden illegal entry into this country, then he walks away unscathed. He created the three-ring circus we have now and pretend border security and pretend interior enforcement, and illegal alien Mexicans marching in the streets waiving flags of Mexico. The history books of the future will certainly document this and how the American people and the Republican party let him get away with it - for eight solid years. What future history books should reflect is that he was tried for malfeasance, criminal conspiracy, and treason, and hung for his crimes. It isn't too late.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 65 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,836
Posts18,496,765
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.