Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Except for looks can someone tell me the difference between an AR style rifle and a Browning BAR or Remington 750.

IMO from a hunting standpoint.......none.You could by 20 round clips for either one.

Just another divide and conquer tactic from the anti's and some unimformed lobbyist trying to whisper in the left ear of leftwing liberal.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mountaineer70
GI Joe wannabes running around with their "Tactical" rifles is a PR nightmare for sportsmen. Trying to make an AR a "Hunting Rifle" is a hard sell on the average person. Its a no sell on me and I've been hunting my entire life. The manufacturers are pushing these things hard for the almighty dollar at the expense of our image. The assault rifle/SHTF wackos have ruined gun shows. Zumbo told the truth.

Megga Dittos....

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GI Joe wannabes running around with their "Tactical" rifles is a PR nightmare for sportsmen. Trying to make an AR a "Hunting Rifle" is a hard sell on the average person. Its a no sell on me and I've been hunting my entire life. The manufacturers are pushing these things hard for the almighty dollar at the expense of our image. The assault rifle/SHTF wackos have ruined gun shows. Zumbo told the truth.

I had another hunter tell me that my H&R Topper was inhumane because of the abhorrent accuracy and the inability to have a quick follow up shot to "humanely dispatch" the animal in case of a wounding shot. The only thing he liked about my hunting rig was the VariX III scope I had on it. We all had a good laugh when I was the only one back in camp with a buck after two days of hunting.

Mountaineer, I would rather be on the side of too many choices than too little of choices.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I still find it hard to believe there are folks out there, that would limit my choices rather than my actions.

Guess I"ll have to start up the sniper crud so we can just ban all weapons period.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't we act responsibly so we don't lose our ability to hunt?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"What bothered me was how the gun lobby was so quick to throw one of their own under the bus especially after he had a lifetime of pro gun writings."

I don't know that the 'gun lobby' did but a lot of individuals about had a heart attach at an opinon divergent from their own. I was happy to hear his opinion and value his record on firearms and their use, he had the gonads to state what he thought, take it or leave it.

To proclaim him speaking his mind to be a gun rights disaster was not only wrong - no writer has that much influence - but was vastly over analysed, criticised and demagogued; WE should NOT react like liberals!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rost495
I still find it hard to believe there are folks out there, that would limit my choices rather than my actions....

....bravo rost495....a quote worth memorizing and repeating frequently.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Swampman1

Exactly. And I will add to it keep our real sporting autos like the Remington 1100s and 742s.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
DFTFT fellas...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by GregW
DFTFT fellas...

+1

DF

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Acting responsibly has to do with your actions, not your choice of firearms. Pretty damn simple too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Exactly. And I will add to it keep our real sporting autos like the Remington 1100s and 742s.

YOu are the type of person that does not understand that under the frame, there is still a 350... the body style has always been up to the purchaser.. its the same here. My ARs are the same as my 1100s and 1187s, benellis and so on.

You are the type of person just like Zumbo, that will throw us ALL under the bus eventually and once done, when they come for your "sniper rifle" there will be no one else left to stand up for your "rights"

I also suspect you've never heard the name Neimoeller....... might behoove you to research one of his famous quotes.

All this being said, even if you continue to hate on my ARs(BTW on deer I've NEVER fired more than one round out of the AR, pigs are another story...) I"ll still fight for your 1100s and 742s until I no longer can. I"d think asking you to reciprocate as a free gun owner would not be too much to ask.

But we may well be at the point of DFTFT.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

YOu are the type of person that does not understand that under the frame, there is still a 350... the body style has always been up to the purchaser.. its the same here. My ARs are the same as my 1100s and 1187s, benellis and so on.

You are the type of person just like Zumbo, that will throw us ALL under the bus eventually and once done, when they come for your "sniper rifle" there will be no one else left to stand up for your "rights"

I also suspect you've never heard the name Neimoeller....... might behoove you to research one of his famous quotes.

All this being said, even if you continue to hate on my ARs(BTW on deer I've NEVER fired more than one round out of the AR, pigs are another story...) I"ll still fight for your 1100s and 742s until I no longer can. I"d think asking you to reciprocate as a free gun owner would not be too much to ask.

First off it's Niem�ller and not Neimouller or however you spelled it. Secondly I don't believe this country will ever ban all sporting arms. Miltary style arms? Probably. But not much else other than handguns and that's only a maybe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Acting responsibly has to do with your actions,

That's why I try not to act like Rambo while hunting........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike

First off it's Niem�ller and not Neimouller or however you spelled it. Secondly I don't believe this country will ever ban all sporting arms. Miltary style arms? Probably. But not much else other than handguns and that's only a maybe.

There are alot of people in England and Australia who thought like you. smirk

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My AR is chambered for 308. It's a Rock River Arms LAR-8 and is capable of killing any game animal in North America. It also comes chambered in 243 and 7-08, so I guess people have choices other than the .223.

[Linked Image]

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How quick we forget. Zumbo quote didn't just have to deal with hunting but why anyone would want to own an AR style rifle. Second his words have already been used by the anti's many time as another reason to pass laws against all guns. One of those bills included terms that would have ban "sniper rifles" or aka all bolt action rifles including that custom rifle with exhibition wood grade stock.
It's the classic division of hunter's versus gun owners that the anti's want to use againt us. And those who agree with Zumbo are friends of the anti crowd. This is the trick they used in the 80's and 90's and still we believe it today. If we don't stand together on AR's, if you like them or not, than they WILL come for you "sniper rifle". They already tried.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I forgot to mention the hunting Zumbo was referring to was prarie dog and other varmits. And those AR are excellent for those type of hunting. Varmit style AR look nothing like the M4 Carbine that most of the soldiers use.
At one time the BAR, Remington 870, Mauser were all military guns and have found their place in the hunting world. So be careful when you throw around those "tatical ninja" type words. Your bolt action and pump shotgun fit that catagory at one time.
Owning a gun and the second amendment means more than just hunting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing wrong with ARs, heck I even took an Antelope with one: DPMS 260 Rem LR model with S&B 4-16x50. It only weighed 14 pounds all up with the bipod. It would shoot as well as my Super Grade M 70 270 WCF that weighs 6 pounds less and has a longer effective range.
Yup they will kill game but they tend to be heavy, have terrible triggers (as sold), cost more than an equally good hunting rifle and can't do a thing, in the hunting fields, a Remington 742 or Benelli R-1 can (except be heavy and clumsy). Zumbo screwed up and said so. As for dropping your NRA membership because you dislike Ted is akin to divorcing you wife to marry your Mother-in Law. Every shooter in the former British Empire and England as well, would give their left nut to have an NRA. We won't even let non members join our gun club ! When the Kenyan is re-elected by the mob, he will be after our guns first thing. Then it will get interesting...welcome to 1860.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.